Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The "Domino Room Alibi"  (Read 73926 times)

Offline David Von Pein

Re: The "Domino Room Alibi"
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2019, 08:33:27 PM »
Advertisement
I recall a guy, part of the WC in some way IIRC, saying something to the effect that Oswald may have been of two minds as to making an attempt on Kennedy at all, right down to the last few minutes.

Sounds like you might be talking about me. (Although I was never part of the WC.) But I made my opinion known about elements of the "Two Minds" theory years ago....

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2013/01/lee-harvey-oswalds-decision-to-shoot-jfk.html

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/06/oswald-timeline-part-1.html#The-Mindset-Of-Oswald

« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 08:37:05 PM by David Von Pein »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2019, 08:33:27 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2019, 08:40:02 PM »
And I'm not supposed to ask "Why would a conspiracy do that?", am I John?

Sure you are, if somebody actually proposes such a conspiracy instead of you just strawmanning one to argue against.

But either way, arguing against a particular conspiracy doesn’t get you any closer to showing that Oswald did it.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2019, 08:42:06 PM »
I'm not saying that I think that Oswald was in the Domino Room with Jarman and Norman just a few minutes before the assassination. I don't believe he was. But I am saying that the so-called "Domino Room Alibi", which many conspiracy theorists think is some sort of rock-solid proof of Lee Harvey Oswald's innocence, is really nothing of the kind—even if Oswald had been located in that Domino Room a few minutes before 12:30 PM on November 22, 1963.

I agree though, David. Oswald has no solid alibi for 12:30.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2019, 08:42:06 PM »

Offline David Von Pein

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2019, 08:53:55 PM »
Sure you are, if somebody actually proposes such a conspiracy instead of you just strawmanning one to argue against.

And you don't think a single CTer has ever proposed a theory that has JFK being shot from the front, even though the designated patsy is located to the rear of JFK's car?

Maybe you'd better get out your DVD (or VHS) of Oliver Stone's film again. It would seem as though you've totally forgotten the "shooting" plot of that movie.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1ZW3QU49S1AM1
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 08:55:13 PM by David Von Pein »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2019, 09:04:58 PM »
Not nearly as flawed as thinking that “why would a conspiracy do that?” is a good argument for Oswald’s guilt.

Is that as 'flawed' as you lot never posting the butt-end view of CE399? Is that as 'flawed' as starting Zap a few frames late (as per Martin Hinrichs) in arguments re the twofer? Is that as 'flawed' as you attempting to try the case in bits & pieces (while at the same time holding each separate piece to a beyond-reasonable-doubt standard) like some Better Call Saul-style greaseball?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 09:16:52 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2019, 09:04:58 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2019, 09:50:09 PM »
Sounds like you might be talking about me. (Although I was never part of the WC.) But I made my opinion known about elements of the "Two Minds" theory years ago....

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2013/01/lee-harvey-oswalds-decision-to-shoot-jfk.html

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/06/oswald-timeline-part-1.html#The-Mindset-Of-Oswald

I've not seen that and I'm certain it was someone officially connected to the WC
Maybe a name will stand out if I can find a list of WC employees

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2019, 09:56:27 PM »
And you don't think a single CTer has ever proposed a theory that has JFK being shot from the front, even though the designated patsy is located to the rear of JFK's car?

How did Lance Payette’s argument about the domino room alibi morph into where the shot that killed JFK originated from?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2019, 09:56:27 PM »

Offline David Von Pein

« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2019, 10:02:47 PM »
How did Lance Payette’s argument about the domino room alibi morph into where the shot that killed JFK originated from?

I was talking about crazy CT theories in general.