Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: The "Domino Room Alibi"  (Read 12439 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: The "Domino Room Alibi"
« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2019, 05:24:56 AM »
I agree with everything you just said, Martin.

My earlier point was not that I believe Oswald was down on the first floor at about 12:25. (As I said previously, I definitely do not believe such a thing.) I merely was pointing out the fact that a 12:25 alibi is not the same thing as a 12:30 alibi. And 12:30, as we all know, is the key time here.

Fair enough, but then there is this; according to some interrogation reports Oswald made some vague comment about two negros being in (or walking through) the room where he was. Unfortunately, we don't really know what Oswald actually said verbatim, so we have to rely on the notes made by the interrogators and their choice of words for writing it in their report. However, having said that, I think that the combined reports do clearly suggest that Oswald did in fact make some comment about negros being in (or walking through) the room.

So, as he identified one of them by name, some time ago, I tried to establish a timeline for the movements of Jarman and Norman prior to their arrival at the 5th floor, and the conclusion was that these two men did indeed pass through the shipping area (visible from the Domino room) just minutes prior to the shooting. I am aware of the LN theory that Oswald first saw Jarman and Norman from the 6th floor window and later heard them talking (and identifying them) below him, which is why he concocted the story of seeing both men, but IMO that's a very weak narrative for two reasons; (1) During my visit to the TSBD, some years ago, I tried to look down to where I understood Norman and Jarman were supposed to have been and found it impossible to see that location from there and (2) if Oswald was able to identify both men by the sound of their voice, IMO those men on the 5th floor should also have been able to hear the movement on the floor above them, prior to the shots, which they didn't!

Which leaves me with a bit of a mystery. If I am being kind to Oswald, I could argue that he was indeed in the Domino room when he saw Norman and Jarman enter the loading area and walking towards the elevators, which means that it is possible that the interrogators simply were not precise enough in their reports.

So, here's the question; since we have already agreed that Oswald could have made it to the 6th floor in roughly the same time Norman and Jarman made it to the 5th floor, why are the LNs fighting so hard to ridicule and dismiss the scenario I have just outlined based on nothing else than those vague (and possibly wrong or incomplete) remarks in the interrogation reports?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 05:55:16 AM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: September 13, 2019, 05:24:56 AM »

Online Thomas Graves

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2019, 08:27:33 AM »
Fair enough, but then there is this; according to some interrogation reports Oswald made some vague comment about two negros being in (or walking through) the room where he was. Unfortunately, we don't really know what Oswald actually said verbatim, so we have to rely on the notes made by the interrogators and their choice of words for writing it in their report. However, having said that, I think that the combined reports do clearly suggest that Oswald did in fact make some comment about negros being in (or walking through) the room.

So, as he identified one of them by name, some time ago, I tried to establish a timeline for the movements of Jarman and Norman prior to their arrival at the 5th floor, and the conclusion was that these two men did indeed pass through the shipping area (visible from the Domino room) just minutes prior to the shooting. I am aware of the LN theory that Oswald first saw Jarman and Norman from the 6th floor window and later heard them talking (and identifying them) below him, which is why he concocted the story of seeing both men, but IMO that's a very weak narrative for two reasons; (1) During my visit to the TSBD, some years ago, I tried to look down to where I understood Norman and Jarman were supposed to have been and found it impossible to see that location from there and (2) if Oswald was able to identify both men by the sound of their voice, IMO those men on the 5th floor should also have been able to hear the movement on the floor above them, prior to the shots, which they didn't!

Which leaves me with a bit of a mystery. If I am being kind to Oswald, I could argue that he was indeed in the Domino room when he saw Norman and Jarman enter the loading area and walking towards the elevators, which means that it is possible that the interrogators simply were not precise enough in their reports.

So, here's the question; since we have already agreed that Oswald could have made it to the 6th floor in roughly the same time Norman and Jarman made it to the 5th floor, why are the LNs fighting so hard to ridicule and dismiss the scenario I have just outlined based on nothing else than those vague (and possibly wrong or incomplete) remarks in the interrogation reports?

Martin,

Are you sure Norman and Jarman didn't pass through the "vestibule," instead?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

--  MWT  ;)

PS  Do you really think Oswald would have said "room" to refer to an open part of the first floor that someone (in this case, Norman and Jarman) had passed through while on their way to the elevator?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 08:35:08 AM by Thomas Graves »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2019, 11:31:17 AM »
Martin,

Are you sure Norman and Jarman didn't pass through the "vestibule," instead?

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

--  MWT  ;)

PS  Do you really think Oswald would have said "room" to refer to an open part of the first floor that someone (in this case, Norman and Jarman) had passed through while on their way to the elevator?

Do you really think Oswald would have said "room" to refer to an open part of the first floor

No, I don't think that at all, but I believe it to be possible that the interrogators wrote it down incorrectly using that word. The different ways in which they describe the event in their reports seems to indicate that they were not familiar (enough) with the lay out of the first floor. Had they known that the Domino room had only one entrance, don't you think they would have confronted Oswald with that fact if indeed he had said that the negros walked through the room?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #32 on: September 13, 2019, 11:31:17 AM »

Online Colin Crow

« Reply #33 on: September 13, 2019, 03:12:15 PM »
Don't see much traction from Lance's post David....looks a flop to me.....just some made up stuff. Is he really a lawyer? A practicing attorney or just someone with a law degree?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 04:04:21 PM by Colin Crow »

Online Brian Doyle

The "Domino Room Alibi"
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2019, 04:17:26 PM »

Like Von Pein said, it all depends on who it is being applied to lol...

JFK Assassination Forum

The "Domino Room Alibi"
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2019, 04:17:26 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2019, 05:02:38 PM »
Mr. BALL. What did you sit on while you ate your lunch?
Mr. WILLIAMS. First of all, I remember there was some boxes behind me. I just kind of leaned back on the boxes first. Then I began to get a little impatient, because there wasn't anyone coming up. So I decided to move to a two-wheeler.
Mr. BALL. A two-wheeler truck, you mean?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Yes, sir. I remember sitting on this two-wheeler. By that time, I was through, and I got up and I just left then.
Mr. DULLES. How much of the room could you see as you finished your lunch there? Was your view obstructed by boxes of books, or could you see a good bit of the sixth floor?
Mr. WILLIAMS. Well, at the time I couldn't see too much of the sixth floor, because the books at the time were stacked so high. I could see only in the path that I was standing--as I remember, I could not possibly see anything to the east side of the building. But just one aisle, the aisle I was standing in I could see just about to the west side of the building. So far as seeing to the east and behind me, I could only see down the aisle behind me and the aisle to the west of me.

So why did he not notice the gunman at 12.15 seen in the SW window? Because he was eating in the SN.......where his lunch was originally discovered. And he was noticed by Rowland.

Your answer to my question is non-responsive. Again, why would he fight his way through the boxes encasing the sniper's nest to simply eat his lunch? Also, if he were waiting for friends to join him, how would they have seen him if he were squirreled away inside the sniper's nest? If you believe he is a flat-out liar, just say so. 

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2019, 05:18:01 PM »
* EDIT/FWIW -- Shortly after I posted the above comments, I looked up Bud's original 2011 Internet message regarding this topic of Oswald's rifle bullets. Here is that message:

"He [Oswald] doesn't need to see them [Jarman & Norman] on the first [floor], he only needs to have seen them outside, and heard them come in down below him. And it doesn't matter if he did see them on the first floor, I've always felt it was possible for a smart guy like Oswald to keep the bullets apart from the rifle, to allow for deniability if the rifle was discovered. If he left the bullets in his jacket pocket in the Domino room and went down to retrieve them, he might have seen them (although you [Donald Willis] are nowhere near establishing that he did with the weak out-of-context nonsense you are trying to use for support). You see, it doesn't matter if Oswald was on the first floor then, it doesn't afford him an alibi, nobody was killed then. It doesn't matter when the motorcade was due to arrive, if circumstances prevented Oswald from getting to where he hid the rifle, or he had trouble assembling it, these things would dictate more than the clock." -- Bud; July 1, 2011

The malarkey above is hilarious. So Oswald is smart enough to Hide the bullets to HIS rifle, yet he leaves HIS Rifle at the scene of the crime after killing a POTUS? And then parks himself inside a theater with absolutely No avenue of escape?  :D 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2019, 05:18:01 PM »

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2019, 07:42:47 PM »
Lance is stepping on the real topic of that thread - Mrs Reid...If you read that thread Iacoletti violated Gordon's voicing for banned members rule and posted my discovery on the EF without my consent...

Your discovery. LOL. I donít need your consent to post a photo of Reid that you donít own the rights to.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 08:05:12 PM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2019, 07:42:47 PM »

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2019, 07:45:23 PM »
Don't see much traction from Lance's post[,] David....looks a flop to me.....just some made up stuff. Is he really a lawyer? A practicing attorney or just someone with a law degree?

In that EF thread, Lance is doing the same thing I've been doing on JFK forums for the last 15 years----he's pointing out the (very) flawed thinking of the Anybody But Oswald conspiracy theorists.

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2014/07/getting-back-to-basics.html
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 08:08:52 PM by David Von Pein »

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2019, 07:52:45 PM »
So Oswald is smart enough to Hide the bullets to HIS rifle, yet he leaves HIS Rifle at the scene of the crime after killing a POTUS?

Yeah, you're right, he probably should have just walked out the front (or back) door of the TSBD carrying the 40-inch Carcano in his hands. Who's gonna notice, right?

Is that what you think a Presidential assassin should have done with his rifle after having just shot the POTUS?

And then parks himself inside a theater with absolutely No avenue of escape?  :D

Yeah, instead of ducking into a nice dark theater, Oswald should have just stayed right out there on sunny Jefferson Boulevard, in full view of the passing police cars who were searching for Officer Tippit's killer....right?

Replay ------->
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 08:06:37 PM by David Von Pein »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2019, 07:52:45 PM »

Mobile View