Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The "Domino Room Alibi"  (Read 73066 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: The "Domino Room Alibi"
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2019, 01:45:15 AM »
Advertisement
Where do you theorise that Oswald was when he noticed them John? Sitting next to BRW in the SN?  :)

Perhaps, 4 eyes searching are better than 2!

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2019, 01:45:15 AM »

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2019, 01:54:08 AM »
I agree that when Norman and Jarman could make it to the 5th floor, Oswald could indeed have made it to the 6th. But IMO there are two flaws in this reasoning. First of all, we now know that the motorcade was running late. At the time it happened, the shooter wouldn't and couldn't have known that. So, for the shooter to show up on the 6th floor just prior to 12.30 pm seems an unlikely scenario. Even more so as witnesses said that [they] saw movement in the window from 12.15 pm, which would make a lot more sense as it computes far better with the scheduled time the motorcade was due to pass by the TSBD. It obviously doesn't compute well with a scenario in which Oswald stays in the Domino room until just prior to 12.30 pm

I agree with everything you just said, Martin.

My earlier point was not that I believe Oswald was down on the first floor at about 12:25. (As I said previously, I definitely do not believe such a thing.) I merely was pointing out the fact that a 12:25 alibi is not the same thing as a 12:30 alibi. And 12:30, as we all know, is the key time here.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 02:02:44 AM by David Von Pein »

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2019, 02:46:42 AM »
At another forum a few years ago, an LNer named Bud put a theory on the table that I thought was kind of interesting. It can never be proven, of course, but I thought it was intriguing nevertheless....

Bud's speculation was that Oswald might have gone back downstairs to the first-floor Domino Room shortly before he assassinated the President in order to retrieve the rifle bullets that he had forgotten to take up to the sixth floor earlier in the day. (I think Bud was theorizing that Oswald probably had the bullets in the pocket of his blue coat which was later found in the Domino Room.)*

* EDIT/FWIW -- Shortly after I posted the above comments, I looked up Bud's original 2011 Internet message regarding this topic of Oswald's rifle bullets. Here is that message:

"He [Oswald] doesn't need to see them [Jarman & Norman] on the first [floor], he only needs to have seen them outside, and heard them come in down below him. And it doesn't matter if he did see them on the first floor, I've always felt it was possible for a smart guy like Oswald to keep the bullets apart from the rifle, to allow for deniability if the rifle was discovered. If he left the bullets in his jacket pocket in the Domino room and went down to retrieve them, he might have seen them (although you [Donald Willis] are nowhere near establishing that he did with the weak out-of-context nonsense you are trying to use for support). You see, it doesn't matter if Oswald was on the first floor then, it doesn't afford him an alibi, nobody was killed then. It doesn't matter when the motorcade was due to arrive, if circumstances prevented Oswald from getting to where he hid the rifle, or he had trouble assembling it, these things would dictate more than the clock." -- Bud; July 1, 2011

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2019, 02:46:42 AM »

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2019, 02:49:45 AM »
Pat Speer went into great detail on this. He has found plenty of evidence to the contrary. No one here (crazy CTers and of course the Nutters) will of course bother reading the link below but if you really want to learn how it was virtually impossible for Oswald to have done what he was accused of doing in that very tight time frame and with so many people around, then read this very carefully.

http://www.patspeer.com/chapter4b%3A%22theso-calledevidence%22

Lance Payette seems like a nice guy. I gave him some advice when he traveled to DC a while back on a nice unknown site to see down there (the FDR memorial) and he said he enjoyed it afterward. But as for this case, Lance is nothing if not a walking contradiction. He claims to be a genius attorney who believes in no conspiracy anywhere, no UFOs (rightfully so) but also believes there is some higher up fairy out there controlling the universe with nothing more to believe in than "faith."

The problem with Lance is that for all of his so-called lawyerly prowess, he simply cannot shake it that things were a little too perfect, too pat, on 11/22. Any lawyer worth their salt - putting all of the other batspombleprofglidnoctobuns craziness of this case aside - would have found plenty of oddities in this case that go beyond mere coincidence.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 02:52:26 AM by Michael Walton »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2019, 02:54:17 AM »
Pat Speer went into great detail on this. He has found plenty of evidence to the contrary. No one here (crazy CTers and of course the Nutters) will of course bother reading the link below but if you really want to learn how it was virtually impossible for Oswald to have done what he was accused of doing in that very tight time frame and with so many people around, then read this very carefully.

http://www.patspeer.com/chapter4b%3A%22theso-calledevidence%22

Lance Payette seems like a nice guy. I gave him some advice when he traveled to DC a while back on a nice unknown site to see down there (the FDR memorial) and he said he enjoyed it afterward. But as for this case, Lance is nothing if not a walking contradiction. He claims to be a genius attorney who believes in no conspiracy anywhere, no UFOs (rightfully so) but also believes there is some higher up fairy out there controlling the universe with nothing more to believe in than "faith."

The problem with Lance is that for all of his so-called lawyerly prowess, he simply cannot shake it that things were a little too perfect, too pat, on 11/22. Any lawyer worth their salt - putting all of the other batspombleprofglidnoctobuns craziness of this case aside - would have found plenty of oddities in this case that go beyond mere coincidence.

Nah, we leave that for Gullible, Paranoiac, America-hating, KGB-loving Tinfoil Hat Conspiracy Theorists to do.

LOL

--  MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 02:59:57 AM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2019, 02:54:17 AM »

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2019, 02:55:36 AM »
To David Von Pein - the problem with your "All Oswald All of the Time" is you simply cannot accept the fact that from the get-go, the whole "investigation" was a whitewash. Yes, it's true, David. It's as simple as that. It was written for lawyers by lawyers to fudge the record and sweep it under the rug.

I know you won't but read Speers link above. What those lawyers did during their investigation was disgraceful to the memory of Kennedy. It's too bad you're too blind not too see that.

Offline Michael Walton

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2019, 02:59:51 AM »
Nah, we leave that for KGB-loving tinfoil hat conspiracy theorists to do.

--  MWT  ;)

Did you ever have a chance to de-blob those blobs of the women you're so obsessed with, Tom? Or are you still teaching yourself which key to use on the keyboard? And by the way, there's no return arm on computers :-)

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2019, 02:59:51 AM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2019, 03:02:16 AM »
Did you ever have a chance to de-blob those blobs of the women you're so obsessed with, Tom? Or are you still teaching yourself which key to use on the keyboard? And by the way, there's no return arm on computers :-)

Do you have a hard time telling women from men, too, Walton?

Sorry to hear that.

--  MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 03:04:40 AM by Thomas Graves »