Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Crease in SN box  (Read 14245 times)

Offline Denis Pointing

Re: Crease in SN box
« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2019, 11:33:58 PM »
Advertisement
Are you saying that it was physically impossible for Oswald to have fired three shots at JFK from that window?

Of course not!..... I'm clearly stating that it was impossible for any 5' 9" man to sit on a box and rest a rifle on the stack of Rolling Readers, and DECLINE the muzzle low enough to shoot JFK down on Elm street in front of the TSBD.

How the heck do you know the sniper didn't put a crease in that box with his or her hand before testing its practicality while sitting on that comfy, comfy box and realizing that it wasn't such a good idea, after all?

That's NOT what the cops said he did....They said that he rested the cacano on the stack of boxes and fired down onto Elm street and murdered President Kennedy.

Oh, I see, so you believe everything the "cops" said was 100% true and accurate then, it should be taken as gospel. Does that extend to everything written in the WR as well? Perhaps Caprio was right all along, you are a closet LN. LOL
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 07:31:27 AM by Denis Pointing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: September 08, 2019, 11:33:58 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2019, 04:03:00 AM »
No, I think what he’s saying is that the alleged “crease in the box where a rifle might have lain” was a flight of fancy.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 04:03:28 AM by John Iacoletti »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2019, 02:43:49 PM »
No, I think what he’s saying is that the alleged “crease in the box where a rifle might have lain” was a flight of fancy.

That's correct.   The police saw the Smoker's Nook and imagined it to be a "Sniper's Nest".   They supported that imaginary idea by imagining that the sniper had sat on a box to the rear of the stack of Rolling Readers and used the stacked Rolling readers as a steady rest for his rifle.  And they imagined that the crease on the top box was created by the recoil of the rifle.

And that's what they told us trusting peasants....( LBJ called us pissants) ....   We had no way of knowing that the tale was physically impossible.

A 5'9" man sitting on a 12 inch box would have his shoulder about 32 inches from the floor ....  The Rolling readers were stacked about level with the shoulder of a 5'9" man sitting on a box.   The angle to the car ( according to page 100 of the WR) was nearly 27 degrees.)  27 degrees from the top of the Rolling Readers is about 52 inches up from the floor at a point 3 feet to the rear of the boxes, but a 5'9 inch man's shoulder would be about 32 inches up from the floor.

A 5'9" man holding a rifle resting on the Rolling Readers could not decline the muzzle of the rifle down onto Elm street...   THAT is a fact.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 11:18:49 PM by Walt Cakebread »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2019, 02:43:49 PM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2019, 04:34:35 PM »

Yeah, I kinda realised that. I just like winding ole Walt up a bit. The crease? It could have been caused by anything.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2019, 06:31:05 PM »
Yeah, I kinda realised that. I just like winding ole Walt up a bit. The crease? It could have been caused by anything.

Yes of course, you're right,  the crease could have been caused in any number of ways..... BUT..That's NOT what the cops speculated...They imagined that the crease was created by the recoil of a rifle....  Apparently, you understand the absurdity  of the speculation.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2019, 06:31:05 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2019, 06:49:23 PM »
That's correct.   The police saw the Smoker's Nook and imagined it to be a "Sniper's Nest".   They supported that imaginary idea by imagining that the sniper had sat on a box to the rear of the stack of Rolling Readers and used the stacked Rolling readers as a steady rest for his rifle.  And they imagined that the crease on the top box was created by the recoil of the rifle.

And that's what they told us trusting peasants....( LBJ called us pissants) ....   We had no way of knowing that the tale was physically impossible.

A 5'9" man sitting on a 12 inch box would have his shoulder about 32 inches from the floor ....  The Rolling readers were stacked about level with the shoulder of a 5'9" man.   The angle to the car ( according to page 100 of the WR) was nearly 27 degrees.)  27 degrees from the top of the Rolling Readers is about 52inches up from the floor at a point 3 feet to the rear of the boxes, but a 5'9 inch man's shoulder would be about 32 inches up from the floor.

A 5'9" man holding a rifle resting on the Rolling Readers could not decline the muzzle of the rifle down onto Elm street...   THAT is a fact.

I think your Smoker's Nook solves the problem of people thinking they smelled gunpowder: It was actually pot wafting out that window downrange. That's why people called it the 'grassy' knoll... which in turn suggests a renaming of Dealey Plaza to MaryJane Plaza  ;)

Cite where LBJ called us pissants
He was talking about Vietnam
LBJ called Vietnam a "damn little pissant country"
Look it up

« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 07:13:35 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2019, 07:03:14 PM »
Yes of course, you're right,  the crease could have been caused in any number of ways..... BUT..That's NOT what the cops speculated...They imagined that the crease was created by the recoil of a rifle....  Apparently, you understand the absurdity  of the speculation.

It's certainly not absurd, the crease could have been made that way...then again, as I said previously it could have been caused by almost anything. To be honest it's not something I'm particularly concerned about. Crease on a box..BFD ~shrug~.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2019, 07:03:14 PM »

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2019, 08:44:14 PM »
It's certainly not absurd, the crease could have been made that way...then again, as I said previously it could have been caused by almost anything. To be honest it's not something I'm particularly concerned about. Crease on a box..BFD ~shrug~.

Yes, I understand that you'd like to shrug it off as unimportant.....  But it certainly is absurd that the carcano could have created the crease on the box as the police speculated. If a sniper had laid the front of the rifle on the boxes while sitting on a box to the rear he could not have declined the muzzle down to shoot at JFK down in front of the TSBD.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 11:12:35 PM by Walt Cakebread »