Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Crease in SN box  (Read 14618 times)

Offline Walt Cakebread

Re: Crease in SN box
« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2019, 02:57:20 AM »
Advertisement
What 'image" is it I was supposed to be matching? Storing asked for the view from Houston Street. I figured the view of bystanders on the sidewalk was OK.

It all depends on where you put your eyes.

Shame on you, Organ,....  The green line in your lying presentation extends further back on Houston than Tom Dillard's position at the time he snapped his photo and clearly Dillard's photos reveal a much more acute angle than you've attempted to present as an accurate depiction....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #80 on: September 19, 2019, 02:57:20 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #81 on: September 19, 2019, 03:36:28 AM »
Shame on you, Organ,....  The green line in your lying presentation extends further back on Houston than Tom Dillard's position at the time he snapped his photo and clearly Dillard's photos reveal a much more acute angle than you've attempted to present as an accurate depiction....

You're doing apples and oranges. Dillard's photo and the "Houston Street sidewalk" 3D view I posted were taken from two different locations. I never implied a replication of the Dillard photo.

Dillard would be so beneath the window that a line projecting from Box A to the President at Z313 would angle upwards relative to the east-west lines of the facade. As the trajectory slope descends, Dillard would have to change his viewpoint to follow it. The slope would be below his line of sight where the shot struck.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2019, 03:17:30 PM »
You're doing apples and oranges. Dillard's photo and the "Houston Street sidewalk" 3D view I posted were taken from two different locations. I never implied a replication of the Dillard photo.

Dillard would be so beneath the window that a line projecting from Box A to the President at Z313 would angle upwards relative to the east-west lines of the facade. As the trajectory slope descends, Dillard would have to change his viewpoint to follow it. The slope would be below his line of sight where the shot struck.

Huh??....   What ever you attempted to say doesn't change the fact that the 3D computer picture does NOT represent the view from ground level....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2019, 03:17:30 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2019, 05:01:06 PM »

Huh??....   What ever you attempted to say doesn't change the fact that the 3D computer picture does NOT represent the view from ground level....

Telephoto view from sidewalk
(Less perspective)

View from sixth floor level
(Normal perspective)

As you go further away from an object, the object's perspective lines become less acute. (Right: Cloud reflection on windows disabled)

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2019, 11:50:42 PM »

Telephoto view from sidewalk
(Less perspective)

View from sixth floor level
(Normal perspective)

As you go further away from an object, the object's perspective lines become less acute. (Right: Cloud reflection on windows disabled)

True ....but the object also become smaller.....   This picture looks like the view from about 50 feet above the street....( about 50 feet from the window.)

And I thank you for showing that the rifle is nearly horizontal ( it would have been if it had been resting on the Rolling Readers)  It could not have been declined to fire down onto Elm Street.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2019, 11:50:42 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2019, 01:14:39 AM »

View from sidewalk, showing rifle resting on Box A and aimed towards JFK at Z313.

I am curious as to the view a shooter would have through the scope of a rifle resting on that box and Pointed Toward Houston St.

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2019, 01:26:25 AM »
          I am curious as to the view a shooter would have through the scope of a rifle resting on that box and Pointed Toward Houston St.

At what point on Houston??....

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2019, 01:26:25 AM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2019, 02:55:48 AM »
At what point on Houston??....

Any point on Houston that would permit a possible shot at the JFK Limo.