Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Ed Forum is having a total Meltdown and chicken bones!  (Read 55173 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: The Ed Forum is having a total Meltdown!
« Reply #184 on: September 04, 2019, 03:35:53 AM »
Advertisement
But you're never going to get angry at a CTer who is doing it, right? (Of course I'm right.)

Got a link to it so I can check it out?

Why do you think it was a discussion that didn't occur originally at THIS forum? Because if it was a discussion that originated at THIS forum, then my reply that appears on my blog is very likely IDENTICAL to the reply I gave you on THIS forum too.

Oh, you mean the way Pat Speer does on his website (where no one can reply to his criticisms and/or ridicule either)?

And the constant "misrepresentation" whine from CTers is getting tiresome. That's a false accusation, IMO.

But you're never going to get angry at a CTer who is doing it, right? (Of course I'm right.)

Actually, you are completely wrong. I don't care if it is a LN or a CT who is doing that, it's simply wrong.

Why do you think it was a discussion that didn't occur originally at THIS forum? Because if it was a discussion that originated at THIS forum, then my reply that appears on my blog is very likely IDENTICAL to the reply I gave you on THIS forum too.

Nice diversion followed by a lie.... How do I know it was a discussion on this forum? The answer is simple; it's the only forum I am (and ever have been) active on. You will find me on no other forum, but feel free to do a search to prove me wrong! And no, there was no reply from you to my post on this forum. I'ts been a while since it happened and I can't even recall the discussion, but I do remember clearly that you only replied to my comments on your own site. That's what pissed me off...

Oh, you mean the way Pat Speer does on his website (where no one can reply to his criticisms and/or ridicule either)?

The JFK assassination is a subject if interest to me, it's not my life. I have other things to do than deal with this case 24/7. I also like to form my own opinions, so all I have read is the WC report and a massive number of files from the National Archives. I haven't read a single CT or LN book, nor do I have any interests in propaganda sites which promote one opinion or another. I don't think I have even visited Pat Speer's website.

And the constant "misrepresentation" whine from CTers is getting tiresome. That's a false accusation, IMO.

Of course that's a given, but your opinion doesn't make the actual misrepresentation less true. I don't claim to be a CT nor do I wish to be a LN. I just want to form my own opinion about what actually happened on 22/11/63.

Now that your personal attacks on me are going nowhere, care to try again with some honest discussion?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 03:42:03 AM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #184 on: September 04, 2019, 03:35:53 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #185 on: September 04, 2019, 03:39:46 AM »
Nice, start with a weak insult and let's see where we go from there?

Of course I can but I have to carefully consider what you can comprehend in any one post.

I don't care what you think you are!

JohnM

Nice, start with a weak insult and let's see where we go from there?

Touchy…. it's a normal expression, big deal

Of course I can but I have to carefully consider what you can comprehend in any one post.

What was that again what you said about insults?

I don't care what you think you are!

Nobody asked what you care about...... but it's pretty obvious you have great difficulty answer a simple question honestly....  Thumb1:

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #186 on: September 04, 2019, 03:46:04 AM »
Martin from my original post in this thread a few days ago......

"As  someone who occasionally found a quote of mine on his pages, (usually from a discussion I had long forgotten about), my thoughts were "big deal". Generally they appeared to be cherry-picked, without attribution (or link) to the original source to provide anyone interested with some way of balancing context, a modus operandi seemingly fashioned for maximum LN effect from my perspective. But then what more would one expect from a known, "dyed in the wool", WC die-hard?

I would prefer any publisher to use robust accreditation and to remove quotes if requested by the owner. I don't give much credence to the "but others do it too" type defence. Yet I would defend David's rights to operate his website as he sees fit. As with anything in life, surely "caveat emptor" applies after all."

It is his site....there is some trash some gold nuggets and iron pyrite and in whatever category the material falls depends on your perspective.

I share your sentiment, Colin.

Sure, David can do on his site what he wants, but when he does not engage in the actual conversation on this forum and than uses one of my posts to attack and ridicule on his own site, where I have no way to reply, he's pushing it IMO

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #186 on: September 04, 2019, 03:46:04 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #187 on: September 04, 2019, 03:46:13 AM »
No need to. It's already been hashed out (probably multiple times) in my Part 914.

It's the usual "Everybody Is A Liar Except Lee Oswald" situation. I've seen it dozens of times. (Just ask DiEugenio. He's got more liars than the current White House staff employs. IOW, the more liars, the better.)

Refreshing to see some diversity from the LN's at long last......

"you believe that Williams actually saw the killer and that's why they all lied, and as I remember I agreed with you and said that Williams must have seen Oswald and then you disagreed that it was Oswald, am I right?"

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,1266.msg30391.html#msg30391

Seems JohnM agrees with me that Williams and the others lied. If you like I can get some quotes from other LN's that agree that Jarman and Norman lied too.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 04:01:19 AM by Colin Crow »

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #188 on: September 04, 2019, 04:00:49 AM »
Quote from: Martin Weidmann
Now that your personal attacks on me are going nowhere,...

And what "personal attacks" would those be?

Quote from: Martin W.
...care to try again with some honest discussion?

What would you like to know?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #188 on: September 04, 2019, 04:00:49 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #189 on: September 04, 2019, 04:03:15 AM »
And what "personal attacks" would those be?

Why you did not reply to my post on this forum and engaged in a proper discussion, only to copy my post to your site and "reply" to it there?

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #190 on: September 04, 2019, 04:09:32 AM »
I share your sentiment, Colin.

Sure, David can do on his site what he wants, but when he does not engage in the actual conversation on this forum and [then] uses one of my posts to attack and ridicule on his own site, where I have no way to reply, he's pushing it IMO

I would like to find out which post Martin is referring to. (I'm genuinely curious.)

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/search?q=Martin+Weidmann

Because I sure don't remember posting something to my site only (when I could have ALSO responded at this forum too). That seems unlikely that I would have done that. And I've been a member here since Feb. 2009.*

* But, of course, trying to track down whether I said a particular thing on this forum or not in the past has now become an impossible task because of the January 2018 crash-and-burn. So most of the pre-2018 posts are lost forever, unfortunately (except for a few I've been able to rescue via the Wayback Machine).
« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 04:16:01 AM by David Von Pein »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #190 on: September 04, 2019, 04:09:32 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #191 on: September 04, 2019, 04:16:43 AM »
I would like to find out which post Martin is referring to. (I'm genuinely curious.)

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/search?q=Martin+Weidmann

Because I sure don't remember posting something to my site only (when I could have ALSO responded at this forum too). That seems unlikely that I would have done that. And I've been a member here since Feb. 2009.*

* But, of course, trying to track down whether I said a particular thing on this forum or not in the past has now become an impossible task because of the January 2018 crash-and-burn. So all pre-2018 posts are lost forever, unfortunately.

It's easy nevertheless, David. You have full control over your own website and you should be able to find the postings under my name and take it from there.

I have to say that, after all this time, I don't actually recall the post(s) either. I just remember seeing them on your site, but you have a possibility to prove me wrong. If I am wrong, which I don't think I am, I will gladly admit so and apologize. It's in your hands