Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Ed Forum is having a total Meltdown and chicken bones!  (Read 55175 times)

Offline Tom Scully

Re: The Ed Forum is having a total Meltdown!
« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2019, 06:51:28 PM »
Advertisement
It seems fair and certainly reasonable to consider a "do over". Delete the Gordon posts, restore David von Pein's login/posting access and endure the protests
of the agenda driven, ignorant, falsely indignant regardless of the intensity of their vitriol, but that will not happen, will it, Kathty?

If you need someone’s permission to quote them in order to argue against their position or expose them as a liar, you would likely never get that permission. And this type of criticism is precisely the purpose of Free Speech and Free Press rights in the first place.…...
…….

A rather fragile belief system? If it is perceived to require this level of protection from criticism, how robust could it be?

http://archive.is/yGe5Y
Posted 12 hours ago

I believe this matter may now be resolved. I will keep an eye out for him, but I believe DVD is no longer able to enter the site and therefore copy members work.
James

luddite: a person opposed to new technology or ways of working. "a small-minded Luddite resisting progress"

"DVD" ?? David "von Dasterdly" ??

The FBI is helpless, It is twenty stories tall. What can we do? Who can we call? Call Tobor, the Eighth Man. Call Tobor, the Eighth Man. Faster than a rocket. Quicker than a jet. He's the mighty ...

A temporary, "poor man's" solution affording you a secondary IP#....

Free VPN | Browser with built-in VPN | Download | Opera
https://www.opera.com/computer/features/free-vpn
Looking for more privacy online? Opera browser now integrates a free, unlimited VPN feature. Download Opera with built-in VPN at the official opera.com site.

Katey bar the door! We must shut down the forum and remove all of its content! Critic von Pein cannot be stopped from trespassing against us!

Can nothing stop CT critic von Pein from obtaining the drug he craves....our forum posts?
https://web.archive.org/web/20190814200846/http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/forum/126-jfk-assassination-debate/
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 07:17:50 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2019, 06:51:28 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2019, 10:27:52 PM »
Thumb1: Thumb1: Thumb1:

Steve,

EDIT:

Seein' as how you're a big Trump supporter, maybe you should consider relocating to the so-called Education Forum so that James "Jumbo Duh" DiEugenio and "Robert Wheeler," et al., can convert you to some sort of Putin-and-Trump-benefiting CT.

--  MWT   ;)
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 01:57:15 AM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2019, 03:17:23 AM »
My thanks to John and Steve for their support.

If you want to see the ED Forum madness in action, go here....

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2019/08/jfk-assassination-arguments-part-1330.html

BTW & FTR [For The Record]....

Forum owner/moderator James R. Gordon officially kicked me off of The Education Forum (and prohibited me from logging in and posting any additional comments) as of approximately 11:40 PM EDT on August 26th, 2019.

David, I want to commend you on your outstanding site with all the JFK material you archived, including all the amazing Cincinnati Reds games you assembled.  Great stuff you have and I plan on viewing more of it. 

Seems to me, that a certain couple of individuals were using your taking of posts off the site and archiving it on your site as an excuse to remove you as a member. There are no "copyright laws" when an individual posts on a public forum.  Anything they choose to post is fair game and can be used by anybody who views that site. Just like when a individual sends out a tweet on Twitter, any person can quote the tweet and offer their own rebuttal. Not sure why they would be angry over that fact, unless they didn't like appearing to be wrong on your site for all to see.

Gordon trying to add his own "copyright law" is a total joke and basically they have no right to remove you as a member on the grounds they claim presents a "violation". There is nothing that is prohibited by using quotes from what another person posted.

Anyway, if you still want to view their site, you can use a free VPN and they won't be able to block you from viewing any material. Gordon has failed and clearly doesn't know what he is doing. 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2019, 03:17:23 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2019, 03:23:38 AM »
Scratch a liberal, find a fascist. Libs don't want to debate; they want to shut you up. Now they get to ban you while still enjoying the fruits of your website. Cowardly, but that's who they are.

Sorry, it's the right wingers who are the fascists who try to silence the opposition through intimidation and false representation. When pro NFL Football players took a knee during the anthem to bring awareness to police brutality, it was Donald Trump and his racist hatemongers who falsely misrepresented what the players were doing  demanding boycotts of the NFL and trying to silence an individual's freedom of speech through direct intimidation. Learn what your're talking about before you post false comments.

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2019, 04:54:19 AM »
David, I want to commend you on your outstanding site with all the JFK material you archived, including all the amazing Cincinnati Reds games you assembled.  Great stuff you have and I plan on viewing more of it. 

Seems to me, that a certain couple of individuals were using your taking of posts off the site and archiving it on your site as an excuse to remove you as a member. There are no "copyright laws" when an individual posts on a public forum.  Anything they choose to post is fair game and can be used by anybody who views that site. Just like when a individual sends out a tweet on Twitter, any person can quote the tweet and offer their own rebuttal. Not sure why they would be angry over that fact, unless they didn't like appearing to be wrong on your site for all to see.

Gordon trying to add his own "copyright law" is a total joke and basically they have no right to remove you as a member on the grounds they claim presents a "violation". There is nothing that is prohibited by using quotes from what another person posted.

Anyway, if you still want to view their site, you can use a free VPN and they won't be able to block you from viewing any material. Gordon has failed and clearly doesn't know what he is doing.

Thanks, Rick. But I'm still able to view the EF site (as of right now anyway). Evidently Gordon didn't block me like he think he did. I can't "log in", but I can view every thread.

Re: Copyright....

What do you say about this (below)? Does this apply to people posting stuff on "Internet Forums" or not? ~shrug~....

https://www.google.com/search?q=Is+everything+automatically+copyrighted%3F&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwja66zK1KTkAhVSba0KHST2DQ4Qzmd6BAgLEAo&biw=1280&bih=578

« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 05:00:13 AM by David Von Pein »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2019, 04:54:19 AM »

Offline Rick Plant

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2019, 05:26:18 AM »
Thanks, Rick. But I'm still able to view the EF site (as of right now anyway). Evidently Gordon didn't block me like he think he did. I can't "log in", but I can view every thread.

Re: Copyright....

What do you say about this (below)? Does this apply to people posting stuff on "Internet Forums" or not? ~shrug~....

https://www.google.com/search?q=Is+everything+automatically+copyrighted%3F&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwja66zK1KTkAhVSba0KHST2DQ4Qzmd6BAgLEAo&biw=1280&bih=578

People's opinions on a public forum are not copyrighted. If you want to copyright a song or poem you just wrote, you have to physically get a copyright for it. If someone posted lyrics to a song they wrote on a forum, there is no copyright since they didn't obtain one. It just isn't automatically copyrighted after they posted it. As long as you don't alter their comments and provide a link to where it's from, there is no claim for copyright for them to claim. Just like what people post on facebook or twitter, their quotes can be used and copied for other users as a rebuttal to what they write. 

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2019, 05:28:49 AM »

Beware free VPNs and always check with sites like 'What's My IP?' before going to a particular site.
I personally wouldn't be caught dead w/o my encrypted tunnel.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 05:40:10 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2019, 05:28:49 AM »

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2019, 05:49:59 AM »
People's opinions on a public forum are not copyrighted. If you want to copyright a song or poem you just wrote, you have to physically get a copyright for it. If someone posted lyrics to a song they wrote on a forum, there is no copyright since they didn't obtain one. It just isn't automatically copyrighted after they posted it. As long as you don't alter their comments and provide a link to where it's from, there is no claim for copyright for them to claim. Just like what people post on facebook or twitter, their quotes can be used and copied for other users as a rebuttal to what they write.

Well, that's what I have always thought too.

But if what you just said is truly the case, then explain this....

« Last Edit: August 28, 2019, 05:50:44 AM by David Von Pein »