Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Ed Forum is having a total Meltdown and chicken bones!  (Read 55189 times)

Online David Von Pein

Re: The Ed Forum is having a total Meltdown!
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2019, 07:46:26 AM »
Advertisement
Now that presents them with a problem doesn't it. Effectively they've achieved nothing other than to smear a bucket load of crap over the EF forum's reputation.  :D

Yeah, well, I was probably stupid for even mentioning that I can still view the EF forum. Because now somebody from EF will likely see my post here and run to tell Gordon about it, with Gordon then realizing he didn't press all the buttons he needed to press to keep me out.

Oh, well.

:(
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 07:56:47 AM by David Von Pein »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2019, 07:46:26 AM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2019, 07:50:08 AM »
Yeah, well I was probably stupid for even mentioning that I can still view the EF forum. Because now somebody from EF will likely see my post here and run to tell Gordon about it, with Gordon then realizing he didn't press all the buttons he needed to press to keep me out.

Oh, well.

David,

If anyone, it would be M.C., the guy who contrived to get me kicked off of the EF in May of 2018.

Just saying ...

--  MWT  ;)

Online Steve Howsley

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2019, 07:50:20 AM »
Yeah, well I was probably stupid for even mentioning that I can still view the EF forum. Because now somebody from EF will likely see my post here and run to tell Gordon about it, with Gordon then realizing he didn't press all the buttons he needed to press to keep me out.

Oh, well.

To keep you out means shutting the door to all visitors. That's a good way of sinking the group.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2019, 07:50:20 AM »

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2019, 07:55:14 AM »
To keep you out means shutting the door to all visitors. That's a good way of sinking the group.

I doubt that. It's probably an "IP address" blockage to keep out just my computer. (But maybe I'm wrong. I'm not sure.)

Online Steve Howsley

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2019, 08:00:13 AM »
I doubt that. It's probably an "IP address" blockage to keep out just my computer. (But maybe I'm wrong. I'm not sure.)

There are very simple (and free) ways to get around that. If it gets to that point I can help as I'm sure many others here can as well.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2019, 08:00:13 AM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2019, 08:13:43 AM »
Thanks for the information, Tom Scully.

But what did you mean when you said that you had "incorrectly offered this advice"?

He assumed he had the ability to block you from accessing his forum. I wanted you to know you had options. Most people are associated with consistent IP #'s
associated with each login or post... the one assigned by their home internet provider, and additional ones of their smart phone and perhaps of a computer used at
their job to access the internet. When I edited comments at jfkfacts.org, 2015-16, almost every commenter consistently used the same IP# associated with every comment. You have a right to security and anonymity online. Using duckduckgo.com search and a vpn service like NordVPN affords privacy and security. You have a choice to access the internet from various servers located in the US or in other countries you choose. I just did an IP check and the results displayed my location
as in Seattle. I had selected a US located, NORD server, but I am nowhere close to Seattle.

Your IP# (assigned to your internet access account by your provider ) of, for example, your home WiFi network, is the same even if five computers connect
through that WiFi or cabled router. Opera browser includes a free VPN that changes the IP# websites perceive you are associated with, but you get what you pay for.

All he could do is place the IP# predictably associated with your login and posting activity on the IP# denied list. It has the consequence of entirely blocking access
of most visitors and (former ?) members, but not anyone using a private vpn service like Nord, and besides, that forum is archived at archive.org but it is difficult to locate older threads from that archive.

I anticipate this post resembles an infomericial but I thought you were being treated unfairly.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 08:55:26 AM by Tom Scully »

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2019, 09:20:41 AM »
Thanks for the additional info, Tom.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2019, 09:20:41 AM »

Online David Von Pein

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2019, 09:21:56 AM »
From the EF Forum.....

KIRK GALLAWAY SAID:

I think everyone has a right to post here [at The Education Forum]. I think DVP and others, including sometimes myself, have a useful critical function that is otherwise lacking here. I understand people don't want to be quoted out of context. Though it happens all the time in forums like these. The only way it can reflect badly is with other LNers who might frequent DVP's site. Do we have to take ourselves that seriously? Why do we really care that much about what they think?

Still, because I look at DVP's website very infrequently, I can't say how fair he is in these reconstructed arguments. I can imagine some might feel like they are unfairly quoted out of context to be used as a foil for DVP. After all, DVP's central aim is to gain a following by using chosen examples to portray himself as a credible critic of a JFK conspiracy who wins every argument, so what is the purpose of using his opponent's names at all? A compromise could be that DVP agrees to release the forum source, but not specifically the names of the people he was debating unless specifically given consent.

JAMES R. GORDON SAID:

Kirk,

I do not believe DVP credits the source of his material. As Bart has posted above, DVP was asked to remove the material. On its own, I understand that would have ended the matter. DVP refused to comply.

True, DVP has done this for years, but I believe the atmosphere has changed and members are now much more guarded about how their material is used. Because of this argument I have looked at DVP's site. It appears to me that the material DVP copies is taken out of context and edited by him to support the thread he is creating. In doing that he is clearly changing what the EF members originally thought and believe and therefore DVP has changed what EF members posted on this forum.

Hopefully the EF will now make it impossible for him to continue to do this.

Finally Kirk, you are absolutely right, everyone has a right to post their opinions here. But DVP has two opinions. There are the posts he used to make here on threads here. Then there is the opinion that is shaped by him - using EF members contributions - to create a narrative on another website for which we have no editing rights. And the narrative on his site does not reflect what was originally said on this website.

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Since I can no longer respond directly to the numerous lies that James Gordon just gushed forth, I'll post my response at Duncan MacRae's forum instead. (Thank you, Duncan.) ....

Gordon said: "I do not believe DVP credits the source of his material."

That's Lie #1. I give credit to tons of "sources" for the material I post, with links being presented by the dozen. But, actually, I'm not sure what kind of "source credit" Gordon is even referring to here. If he's talking about sourcing the original discussion threads from which I copy posts from the EF forum, then it's an even bigger lie being told by Gordon, because (as I have said many times before) I always provide a link to the original (source) EF thread at the bottom of all of my webpages.

Gordon said: "I believe the atmosphere has changed and members are now much more guarded about how their material is used."

Yeah, that must be why Bart Kamp said this to me just three short days ago:

"Not many care what you yack about in the first place anyway." -- B. Kamp

Gordon said: "It appears to me that the material DVP copies is taken out of context. .... In doing that he is clearly changing what the EF members originally thought and believe and therefore DVP has changed what EF members posted on this forum."

I strongly resent such a charge. Furthermore, it's a really stupid charge in the first place. Since I am merely taking verbatim quotes from the EF forum over to my own site, Gordon must actually think I'm some sort of Houdini or David Copperfield, in that I am apparently able to take those verbatim CTer quotes and (somehow) change the entire belief structure of the conspiracy theorist being quoted. Even though, keep in mind, the quotes are the EXACT VERBATIM WORDS that were written by the CTer at the EF forum before I copied them to another Internet location.

I guess I'm more powerful than I thought! Unbelievable!

In other words --- James R. Gordon is full of spombleprofglidnoctobuns. It appears to me as if he has been significantly influenced by the other conspiracy theorists at the EF forum who also contend that I have taken things "out of context" and have literally "changed" what CTers have posted at the EF forum. But regardless of which CTer utters such garbage, it's still going to be garbage (and a lie).

Gordon said: "DVP has two opinions. There are the posts he used to make here on threads here. Then there is the opinion that is shaped by him - using EF members contributions - to create a narrative on another website for which we have no editing rights. And the narrative on his site does not reflect what was originally said on this website."

More lies. See my last comments above. Plus, Gordon should re-read this comment I aimed at him earlier today at the EF forum....

"With regard to the particular JFK sub-topics that I have chosen to engage various CTers on...I have "changed" NOTHING that was in any original quote written by any CTer on The Education Forum." -- DVP

And the bunk about me having "two opinions" on various JFK matters is just...well...bizarre (to say the least).

Where on this Earth did Gordon get the idea that my basic "opinions" about any aspect of the JFK murder case somehow change between the time I post my thoughts at The Education Forum and when I re-post those EXACT SAME VERBATIM COMMENTS at my website?

The only response I can possibly muster after reading such a bizarre allegation is this one....

WTF?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 09:29:37 AM by David Von Pein »