Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: The Ed Forum is having a total Meltdown and chicken bones!  (Read 12013 times)

Offline Kathy Becket

Re: The Ed Forum is having a total Meltdown!
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2019, 03:11:09 PM »
Did so on the Forum.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2019, 03:11:09 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2019, 03:23:14 PM »
Are forum discussion participants required to obtain permission before even quoting each other, in the same thread? Is that a "feature" of the latest mandate?

Consider whether it seems more important to you to continue to be allowed to participate vs. what is considered reasonable restriction. Are the rules an affront
to your sensibilities? Do you expect you can endure participating when the goal posts seem to be moved almost hourly under the influence of the loudest demands
of forum posters opposed to your POV?

In the U.S.A. :
https://www.forbes.com/sites/oliverherzfeld/2016/05/26/fair-use-in-the-age-of-social-media/#7a407a1d3300
May 26, 2016, 09:34am
Fair Use In The Age Of Social Media
Oliver Herzfeld    Contributor
…...
What Is Fair Use?
The Copyright Act codifies the judicially created “fair use” doctrine. Courts have long recognized the need for such a defense because not every act that might violate an owner’s copyrights should amount to an infringement. The fair use defense was created to limit the scope of copyright through an equitable rule of reason. The statute provides, in relevant part, that “the fair use of a copyrighted work, including such use by reproduction in copies…, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching…, scholarship, or research” is not considered an infringement. Fair use is not, however, limited to the listed purposes. Rather, courts examine the facts of each particular case and weigh and balance the following four factors to determine whether the particular challenged activities constitute fair use or infringement:

1. the purpose and character of the use, including whether such use is of a commercial nature or is for nonprofit educational purposes;

2. the nature of the copyrighted work;

…...
4. the effect of the use upon the potential market for or value of the copyrighted work.....

Offline Sean Kneringer

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2019, 03:27:32 PM »
Scratch a liberal, find a fascist. Libs don't want to debate; they want to shut you up. Now they get to ban you while still enjoying the fruits of your website. Cowardly, but that's who they are.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2019, 03:27:32 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2019, 03:31:49 PM »
   Some of You are More concerned with your feelings being hurt/reputations besmirched vs actually solving this case.  You should be bigger than this, but as they like to say in the South, "You ate up with it". Get over Yourself and get back to work. This case has NEVER has been about You.

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2019, 03:36:25 PM »
Did so on the Forum.

It seems fair and certainly reasonable to consider a "do over". Delete the Gordon posts, restore David von Pein's login/posting access and endure the protests
of the agenda driven, ignorant, falsely indignant regardless of the intensity of their vitriol, but that will not happen, will it, Kathty?

Why do I assume I have standing to post such a moderate suggestion? John McAdams has damned me with faint praise!:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/alt.assassination.jfk/cAsvprrKbUQ%5B1-25%5D
Jeff Morley Won't Let Me Comment on JFKFacts
John McAdams
On 7 Sep 2016 19:55:16 -0400, TJ Scully

….While I had some major issues with you -- particularly you calling me
a racist merely because I come from Alabama -- it was true that when
you were moderator debate was quite wide open.

It's really poison when moderation is used to enforce a particular
substantive position on the assassination.

.John

The core, applicable point for this specific issues David finds himself caught up in is excerpted from the excerpted article immediately below this excerpt.:

If you need someone’s permission to quote them in order to argue against their position or expose them as a liar, you would likely never get that permission. And this type of criticism is precisely the purpose of Free Speech and Free Press rights in the first place.…...

https://www.whoishostingthis.com/resources/copyright-guide/
Copyright Law In 2019 Explained In One Page
by Frank Moraes   Last updated: June 27, 2019

…Why you should care
If you run a website you may have to deal with copyright law and related issues from two different sides: as a producer and as a consumer.
If you blog, take photographs, publish music, or otherwise produce copyrightable content, you legally own that content. Whether you want to let other people use it or not is your decision, and there are things you need to know and do in either case.…..

…Intellectual Property and Ownership…..

…This is the situation modern copyright seeks to correct, and it does so by assigning the exclusive right to make use of a work to the one who created it. It acts as a necessary and justified infringement on Freedom of Speech.….

…Copyright is automatic..

...Copyright happens automatically, the minute you set something into a “fixed form” — even if that fixed form is pen scratches on a legal pad. You automatically own the copyright to any creative work of art you produce, the minute you produce it....

….That © sign..
…The copyright symbol carries no legal weight and has no magical effect on the status of your copyright. Forgetting to use it does not cause you to lose your rights related to something you created.…..

Registering Copyright
Copyright happens automatically, so you don’t need to register a copyright. However, you may wish to do so....

…..Take legal action against someone who infringes on your copyright.
That last one is key. You cannot sue someone for infringing your copyright unless your copyright is registered.
If you expect to be suing people for infringement, you may want to register your copyright. Likewise, if you have no other way to prove the date of your creation (which may be the case for unpublished works), registration may be a good idea.
Registration of a copyright does not need to be immediate. If you can definitively establish the date of your authorship by other means, you can (in theory) wait to register your copyright until there is a reason to sue (that is, once someone has begun infringing on your work).

Poor Man’s Copyright.…
…The US Copyright office is very clear that mailing a copy of your work to yourself has no legal effect.….

……Copyright is a restriction on free speech.

…However, the restriction carries its own costs which may be harmful to society.
If you need someone’s permission to quote them in order to argue against their position or expose them as a liar, you would likely never get that permission. And this type of criticism is precisely the purpose of Free Speech and Free Press rights in the first place.……

….Fair Use is gray
It cannot be stressed enough: fair use is a gray area. There are some uses that are clearly Fair, and some that are clearly infringement, but ultimately Fair Use is determined by a judge if and only if a case is brought to trial, which rarely happens....

…..In England and the United Kingdom, the guidelines are more specific than in the US or Canada, similar to the Australian rules. Fair Dealing there is limited to:
Non-commercial research and private study
Criticism, review, and quotation

News reporting
Satire and parody
Illustration for teaching.

A snapshot in time of the page including your comment, IOW, not a "live" link to the page.:
http://archive.is/yGe5Y

(I assume Wikipedia has consulted lawyers who approve of this resource...)

Begs the question...can a non-U.S. person residing outside the U.S. declare content created by a U.S. person located in the U.S., copyrighted in the U.S.?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Using_archive.is#Copyright_and_robots.txt
…..
Copyright and robots.txt[edit]
Archive.is removes archived pages by request of copyright holders per the U.S. DMCA;[5] requests can be made with the "Report abuse" link on archive.is archived pages. …...

Re-hosting U.S. copyrighted material without permission may be a violation of the U.S. Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) – for this reason, to avoid implicating Wikipedia in violations of copyright laws and incurring DMCA take-down requests, archive.is should be used with some caution regarding U.S.-copyrighted content.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 04:58:09 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2019, 03:36:25 PM »

Online Brian Doyle

The Ed Forum is having a total Meltdown!
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2019, 03:47:44 PM »
Now Jim Hargrove is praising this moderator action...This is bizarre...Proper moderation does not make up rules to favor certain posters and justify the suppression of selectively targeted individuals...It makes up sound rules in advance and forces members to adhere to them for the purpose of creating a fair and objective environment for the discussion of facts...

In my case I had shown evidence that proved Prayer Man was not Oswald...Because the Education Forum had hosted the Murphy theory and become the base for its advocacy it treated the subject in a highly defensive manner...The reason I signed-on to that forum was to show its members that there was serious evidence that Prayer Man was Sarah Stanton...I was immediately attacked by persons who did not have the site rules applied to their posting simply because they saw themselves as an entitled majority reacting in defense against an intruder who dared challenge what they believed was a given...These people are friends with the moderator so they went right to Private Messages and instructed the moderator falsely claiming I was violating serious rules of evidence...The moderator did not scrutinize what they were telling him and acted according to their instruction...I then had my back ridden on every post with every word I said harshly criticized for formal site rules violations...When I posted privately to the moderator that it was actually my accusers who were guilty of what they accused me of that moderator responded by suspending me, saying he did not have to explain why, and any further inquiry may lead to permanent banning...This is a pure case of moderator abuse...I was then suspended and told I would be let back on in a month...When that month came I was never let back on...My opponents were posting things like "I don't see why you are even allowed to post here" etc...The board was not an objective board and clearly had a biased moderator...When MacRae posted proof that Prayer Man was a woman he was suspended and told "he was only posting in order to get at Kamp"...Having broken no site rules I was later told I was banned for being too insulting, too indisciplined, and failing to follow rules when told"...Utter BS made up to justify a fraudulent banning by somebody getting rid of a poster who had out-argued the board majority...When Graves and Gilbride defended me they were also permanently booted...Eventually that moderator posted that he paid for the site and that was the way it was going to be and if you didn't like it you could go elsewhere...After I was crudely gotten rid of no poster was subjected to the made up on the spot rules that I was...I was criminally abused on that board and my good evidence ignored by a moderator who now gets away with selling himself as distinguished and upright...

The reason I'm posting here is because all the main offenders who just banned Von Pein are posing themselves as paragons of moral principle and upholders of the strictest code of debate standards...The elephant in the room here is if you create a website that supposes to welcome the public to discuss evidence according to the highest standards, as the EF assumes, then you have to offer a reasonable objective set of rules that does not honor friendships and cliques but instead makes the minimum effort to uphold a neutral standard of evidence evaluation and fair right to argue...The Education Forum has lost its way and adopted a mob-rule type of oversight based on the influence and will of certain popular members that is quite arbitrary and appears to be based on the subjective will of that selected majority...It is outrageous that a group of people are allowed to sell themselves as practicing a high standard of public discourse while achieving that quorum through unfair banning...I proved Prayer Man was Sarah Stanton and the outcome was I was routed off the board under false accusation and then followed-through on by having special rules crafted against me personally to make sure my good evidence was formally disallowed by rule...There is not one member who was brave enough to stand up to this bullying and protest against a fellow researcher being unfairly censored...Those in charge were not made to account for their attacking and excluding a person who had proven good evidence against a 95% majority or how it clashed with those alleged high standards...It was clear to any honest minded person that the targeted rules disallowing any mention of myself or my good discoveries were designed to relieve that moderator of any reminder of the rogue violation of those so-called standards he had committed in my case...The result of which was those who were really guilty and defiantly continuing to post bad evidence on Prayer Man were protected and taken under the wing of that moderator while the evidence they were in contempt of was excluded by rule as that authority was allowed to continue to declare he practiced a high standard of oversight at his own word at the threat of banning...It is not a coincidence that all those who approved of this wrongful action are the same persons whom I out-argued on the Prayer Man evidence and that the Education Forum now practices official exclusion of good evidence and protection of bad while boasting a membership that operates with sensitivity to high codes of academic conduct...There's a rottenly dishonest environment of approval and good practices over on that forum that is falsely created by banning all those who correctly point out its moderator misconduct...

Meanwhile, while these world class frauds are out parading themselves as academic gentlemen under a noble arbiter we can go view the website of Bart Kamp and its content...Mr Von Pein just got removed from the EF for violations of copying Education Forum content without permission and using it to create false context...But let's go and apply that same standard to Bart Kamp and what his website does to good researchers and their content...Or let's evaluate Jim DiEugenio and his applied ignoring and shunning of good research strategy and appeals for blocking and banning and how that compares to the finer rules of debate the EF defines itself by - especially its banning actions...

I guess the bottom line is when we seek to head hunt and ban you we designate ourselves with the highest standards but when it comes to accountability for ourselves "I pay for the site and if you don't like it you can leave"...Then the person is fair game for the worst persecution and trolling on the internet as well as censorship of important evidence in favor of troll site owners...         
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 03:49:09 PM by Brian Doyle »

Offline Kathy Becket

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2019, 03:53:32 PM »
Quien sabe.? 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2019, 03:53:32 PM »

Online Brian Doyle

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2019, 04:31:55 PM »
The Education Forum is clearly more guilty of what it accuses Von Pein of...It poses itself as a place of the highest academic standard where assassination evidence can be debated...Once you do that you give the public the assumption it will be fairly overseen and good evidence will be guided to its proper place by the moderators...

There is zero doubt that Prayer Man is Sarah Stanton...It is proven by the best and most correct evidence...While condemning David Von Pein the Education Forum is guilty of the much worse violation of attacking, censoring, and ignoring by rule the good evidence of a researcher who proved some very important evidence in the case of a popular theory..It also uses subjective friendship and popularity to protect and defend provably bad evidence and exclude that evidence which disproves it...In other words it is acting in direct opposition to its publicly declared practices and enforcing it with banning...

Good oversight seeks and protects good evidence and aids productive debate...The Education Forum does the opposite while claiming it practices the best of standards...

There's a huge rotten double standard...Right now Bart's website is mocking and ridiculing Gordon and his membership behaviour rules...There's a rule on the EF that you can't mock or criticize the EF on other websites...There is a huge rotten arbitrary double standard where favored posters are allowed to flagrantly violate the rules...(That no criticism rule is a dictatorial paranoid rule by the way that they wouldn't tolerate in any other situation unless it was favoring them)..
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 04:40:42 PM by Brian Doyle »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2019, 04:31:55 PM »

Online Brian Doyle

« Reply #28 on: August 27, 2019, 05:06:27 PM »
DiEugenio wrote:

I had no real problem with DVP being at this site.  For the simple reason that you could argue with him under the rules of this site.  I am fine with free speech.

But man, when he writes over 130 chapters about you on HIS site with EF material, and twists it around to make him look like he won the argument, I just don't think that is proper use of copyright.  And the extent to which he did it, that is not fair use.

The ones he borrowed from me on Bugliosi were really bad.

Jim is a liar...Jim applauded Gordon and said his no voicing for banned members was a good rule and he approved of the rules being made against me for my total removal from the Education Forum...He's lying here because when the most important time came for protecting free speech in my case he sided with the opposite and openly approved of crafted rules designed solely for censorship...

Jim approved of Gordon's action and said the no voicing for banned members rules was a good one...When I went to Jim's Facebook page and mentioned that the Deep Politics Forum had made an identical rule against proxy posting for Kamp's forum and that he had violated it over there by supporting the false Prayer Man theory and that he also violated the DPF no false evidence rule, he responded by blocking me from his Facebook page...Jim is a liar...He does not support free speech and every one of his actions shows this...Even Scully agreed on this count...

Jim's false claims are not challenged by the EF moderation and he commits much worse offenses than what he accuses Von Pein of...This is exactly what led to my being banned from the DPF...The moderation did not want to honestly account for its hypocritical double standard in Jim's case...

Gordon never answered for the fact that I was forced to post through others because he was censoring my good evidence...I don't see Jim D exercising his free speech to defend me...

« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 05:10:42 PM by Brian Doyle »

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2019, 06:31:04 PM »
As usual, Doyle makes it all about himself.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2019, 06:31:04 PM »

Mobile View