Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Monster Plot, by CIA's Very Own KGB Apologist John L. Hart!  (Read 47084 times)

Offline Thomas Graves

Re: The Monster Plot, by CIA's Very Own KGB Apologist John L. Hart!
« Reply #184 on: August 25, 2019, 12:19:07 PM »
Advertisement
The third one is going take a while to sort-out.

Michael,

I personally can't think of any post-Golitsyn true defectors or true KGB double-agents who worked for CIA and/or FBI, although I think Bagley insinuates that there might have been a few.

In my eyes, Oleg Kalugin (who was not really a defector), Oleg Gordievsky and Vasili Mitrokhin are all suspect (as is, btw, MI-5's official historian, Christopher Andrew), for the simple reason that they all claim that Yuri Nosenko was a true defector.

Andrew even has the gall to deny that Sir Roger Hollis was a traitor, when it's almost certain that he betrayed Oleg Penkovsky about two weeks after he'd been recruited by MI-6 and CIA.

All of which reminds me of what James Angleton said during his Church Committee testimony: "A triple-agent will tell you the truth about basically unimportant things 98 percent of the time, and will lie to you about important things the other 2 percent of the time, and he'll really mess you up, boy" (or words to that effect).

Caveat: As Bagley points points out in Spy Wars, Department 14 was so shut-off from other KGB departments that sometimes KGB intentionally lied to its own officers, knowing that they would unwittingly perpetuate the myth of whatever Department 14 deception was being, or had been, run.

Bottom line: Maybe the guys I mentioned, above, aren't "false defectors" per se, but former KGB officers who were lied to, regarding Nosenko, by their superiors .

But, then again ...

Cheers!

--  MWT   ;)

« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 11:55:07 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #184 on: August 25, 2019, 12:19:07 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #185 on: August 26, 2019, 11:05:04 AM »

To all of my faithful followers (LOL) --

Okay, I've already covered the first six highlighted items in the obituary, so now it's time for me to enlighten you on the next three.

7)  The file essentially consisted of the theorizing

The file on Golitsyn that Angleton had Bagley read in 1962 did not contain theorizing by Golitsyn, but specific memories regarding his experiences in the KGB, and KGB personnel he either knew personally, or about whom he'd read in KGB reports from several European countries.

8 )  paranoid Angleton

LOL  You'd be a little paranoid, too, if your job was to protect the CIA from being penetrated and it had lost a highly placed Soviet intelligence asset (Popov, in October of 1959), your president had been assassinated by, apparently, a former defector to the USSR, and you had a new defector (Golitsyn) who was warning you about the shennagins of a new, top secret "KGB within the KGB" -- Department 14 (aka Department D) of the Second Chief Directorate.

9)  every defector, according to Golitsyn, was a plant

A bit of hyperbole.  The CIA already had some true defectors (like Pyotr Deriabin and Yuri Rastvorov, both of whom defected in 1954).  Regarding future defectors, although Golitsyn (who defected in December 1961) knew that Department 14 (see above) had already sent out someone (Polyakov in 1959; "activated" in 1961) on a "strategic deception" mission, and that KGB would dispatch false defectors (like Yuri Nosenko in January 1964) and triple agents (like Aleksey Kulak in March 1962) to contradict what he, Golitsyn, was trying to tell CIA and the FBI about KGB penetrations of said agencies, as well as about KGB penetrations of several European intelligence agencies and governments, he didn't claim that every single future defector or volunteer double-agent would necessarily be a "plant," but that they should, obviously, be looked at very closely by CIA and/or FBI while trying to determine their "bona fides" or "mala fides," and that they should rely on him to help them make those judgments. 

--  MWT   ;)

To all of my dear followers (lol) --

Something I forgot to include in my rebuttal of the obituary's "The top-secret Golitsyn file that Bagley read in 1962 essentially contained only Golytsyn's theories" bit, above, is a very important thing I was reminded of by re-reading, this morning, parts of Mark Riebling's fine 1994 book Wedge: The Secret War Between the FBI and CIA -- that Golitsyn had brought with him a top-secret 1959 KGB document detailing the decisions taken at the Twentieth Communist World Congress to not only designate the U.S. the "Main Enemy" from then on, but to try a new approach: the establishing of a top-secret "KGB within the KGB" (Department 14 of the Second Chief Directorate), charged with winning the Cold War -- without the USSR's actually going to war -- by waging Sun Tzu-like "strategic deception" counterintelligence  operations (akin to Lenin's "Operation Trust," and "Sindikat-2"), and interweaving them with traditional "active measures" counterintelligence operations so as to form devastating "feedback loops" against the CIA and the FBI.

In other words, the Golitsyn file that wise James Angleton had Tennent H. Bagley read, right after having interviewed Nosenko for a week in Geneva,  described the new-since-1959 so-called "Monster Plot" that true-and-sane defector Anatoliy Golitsyn was trying to warn those very same agencies about, and of which Yuri Nosenko was a major part at the time.

--  MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2019, 10:46:40 PM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Michael Clark

« Reply #186 on: August 27, 2019, 12:16:15 AM »
To all of my dear followers (lol) --

..... true-and-sane defector Anatoliy Golitsyn was trying to ....

--  MWT  ;)

Thomas, who said that Golitsyn wasn’t sane?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #186 on: August 27, 2019, 12:16:15 AM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #187 on: August 27, 2019, 01:41:51 AM »
Thomas, who said that Golitsyn wasn’t sane?

Michael,

Well, didn't your boy John L. Hart say he was a certified "Paranoid," or was that your other hero, Richards J. Heuer?

Leonard "I Destroyed Scotty Miler's Records on Nosenko" McCoy?

It's so hard to keep all of those wishful-thinking, spiteful, under-endowed virtual traitors straight!

Cheers!

--  MWT   ;)

PS  Cleveland Cram?  Bruce "Gumshoe" Solie?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 02:19:29 AM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Michael Clark

« Reply #188 on: August 27, 2019, 01:50:22 AM »
Michael,

Well, didn't your boy John L. Hart say he was a certified "Paranoid," or was that your other hero, Richards J. Heuer?

Leonard "I Destroyed Scotty Miler's Records on Nosenko" McCoy?

It's so hard to keep up will all those wishful-thinking, spiteful, under-endowed virtual traitors ...

Cheers!

--  MWT   ;)

“I find your knowledge of who is, and who is not, “well endowed” disturbing”

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #188 on: August 27, 2019, 01:50:22 AM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #189 on: August 27, 2019, 02:25:32 AM »
“I find your knowledge of who is, and who is not, “well endowed” disturbing”

Michael,

As with most things on this forum and at the EF, you got it backwards.

As Tennent H. Bagley said, he and Scotty Miler, and James Angleton, et al., were undermined (and KGB's "Monster Plot" abetted) by a few spiteful and under-endowed CIA officers.

Probable mole Richard Kovich, and virtual traitors Leonard McCoy, John L. Hart, Bruce Solie, Howard Osborne, Richards J. Heuer, Clevelland Cram, and possible mole William Colby come to mind.

Cheers!

--  MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 02:38:31 AM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Michael Clark

« Reply #190 on: August 27, 2019, 02:52:03 AM »
Michael,

, et al.,

Cheers!

--  MWT  ;)

Who is “et al.”? There is no “et al”.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #190 on: August 27, 2019, 02:52:03 AM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #191 on: August 27, 2019, 03:17:07 AM »
Who is “et al.”? There is no “et al”.

Michael,

Vague post.

What's the context?

And .. uhh ... regardless ... how do you know?

Something that Vladimir Putin, or Julian Assange, or Tim Leonard (aka "Adam Carter") told you?

Jefferson "Intellectually Dishonest" Morley?

James "Jumbo Duh" DiEugenio?

Dawn "Tin Foil Hat" Meredith?

Mark "The CPUSA Paid Me" Lane?

Oliver "I Trust Putin and My Son Works for RT" Stone?

Tom "Virtual Traitor Leonard McCoy Was My Main Source" Mangold?

David "Not So" Wise?

LOL

--  MWT  ;)

Cheers!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 03:22:36 AM by Thomas Graves »