Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Court rules no collusion between Trump, Russia and Wikileaks  (Read 11255 times)

Offline Matt Grantham

Court rules no collusion between Trump, Russia and Wikileaks
« on: August 11, 2019, 03:35:06 PM »
Advertisement
 Maybe this is being discussed more than I am seeing, but when I called into my formerly beloved Thom Hartmann's show last Friday he claimed it wasn't true and I must have gotten it from Fox. God I hate what has happened to the left

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/federal-judge-dismisses-dnc-suit-russia-trump-campaign/story?id=64664813

JFK Assassination Forum

Court rules no collusion between Trump, Russia and Wikileaks
« on: August 11, 2019, 03:35:06 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

Re: Court rules no collusion between Trump, Russia and Wikileaks
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 10:57:12 PM »
Maybe this is being discussed more than I am seeing, but when I called into my formerly beloved Thom Hartmann's show last Friday he claimed it wasn't true and I must have gotten it from Fox. God I hate what has happened to the left

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/federal-judge-dismisses-dnc-suit-russia-trump-campaign/story?id=64664813

U.S. District Judge John Koeltl in Manhattan said he could not hear the claims against Russia, which were the focus of the case, because of a legal doctrine called sovereign immunity that shields foreign governments from litigation in the United States.

-- Reuters

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 01:35:42 AM »
On Tuesday, Judge Koeltl ruled against the DNC, emphasizing that they did not allege that anyone other than the Russian government participated in the hacking of their systems, and failed to “raise a factual allegation that suggests that any of the defendants were even aware that the Russian Federation was planning to hack the DNC’s computers until after it had already done so.”

So it would not even matter if the case was thrown out, the point here is the DNC did not have Russian collusion/conspiracy as part of its case

Mueller report said the same thing

Is Rueters actually quoting Koelti?
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 01:51:14 AM by Matt Grantham »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 01:35:42 AM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2019, 01:49:39 AM »
On Tuesday, Judge Koeltl ruled against the DNC, emphasizing that they did not allege that anyone other than the Russian government participated in the hacking of their systems, and failed to “raise a factual allegation that suggests that any of the defendants were even aware that the Russian Federation was planning to hack the DNC’s computers until after it had already done so.”

Mueller report said the same thing

Is Rueters actually quoting Koelti?

Why would the DNC allege that anyone else participated in the actual hacking when it was done exclusively by Russia's GRU?

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 01:52:13 AM »
Why would the DNC allege that anyone else participated in the actual hacking when it was done exclusively by Russia's GRU?

So your point is the Trump administration did not conspire to hack?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2019, 01:52:13 AM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2019, 02:04:04 AM »
So your point is the Trump administration did not conspire to hack?

Did the suit allege that someone in the Trump Campaign conspired with the GRU to do the actual hacking of the DNC, or, as stated in a Politico article, "... that the Trump [C]ampaign, campaign aides and Trump allies abetted the theft of the emails by encouraging WikiLeaks to publish the messages and by urging they be released when they would be of maximum political benefit to then-candidate Donald Trump"?

If so, DNC had a weak case to begin with.

Here's that Reuters article I quoted from:
https://mobile-reuters-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/mobile.reuters.com/article/amp/idUSKCN1UP2OI?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&usqp=mq331AQEKAFwAQ%3D%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s&ampshare=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.reuters.com%2Farticle%2Fus-usa-trump-democrats-idUSKCN1UP2OI
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 02:20:14 AM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Matt Grantham

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2019, 02:21:16 AM »
Did the suit allege that someone in the Trump Campaign conspired with the GRU to do the actual hacking of the DNC, or, as stated in a Politico article, "... that the Trump [C]ampaign, campaign aides and Trump allies abetted the theft of the emails by encouraging WikiLeaks to publish the messages and by urging they be released when they would be of maximum political benefit to then-candidate Donald Trump"?

So one point at a time if you will please. The question is whether Trump or his administration in any way colluded or conspired in advance with the Russians to hack the DNC?  Adam Schiff is on record as saying he had absolute proof that they did

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2019, 02:21:16 AM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2019, 02:27:39 AM »
So one point at a time if you will please. The question is whether Trump or his administration in any way colluded or conspired in advance with the Russians to hack the DNC?  Adam Schiff is on record as saying he had absolute proof that they did

You keep saying "Administration".

Shouldn't you be saying "Campaign," instead?

If Politico framed it correctly, then it seems to me that Trump's saying during a debate (or whatever), "Russia, if you're listening..." would qualify, as would Roger Stone's yet-to-be-fully-uncovered shenanigans, and Paul Manafort's dealings with GRU officer Konstantin Kilimnik.

https://beta-washingtonpost-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/beta.washingtonpost.com/politics/how-manaforts-2016-meeting-with-a-russian-employee-at-new-york-cigar-club-goes-to-the-heart-of-muellers-probe/2019/02/12/655f84dc-2d67-11e9-8ad3-9a5b113ecd3c_story.html?amp_js_v=a2&amp_gsa=1&outputType=amp&usqp=mq331AQEKAFwAQ%3D%3D#referrer=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com&amp_tf=From%20%251%24s
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 02:33:08 AM by Thomas Graves »