Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Gus Rose HSCA interview  (Read 2773 times)

Offline Colin Crow

Re: Gus Rose HSCA interview
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2019, 05:48:15 AM »
Advertisement
Hi Bill, the point is RP didn't know about the rifle when she made the "I've been expecting you" comment to the police. She made the comment purely because Oswald worked at the TSBD. A 'gut feeling' if you like, which goes to show just how weird/strange Oswald must have come across to her.

My point......relates to the timing of their arrival. Much earlier than the 3.30pm or so that the detectives indicated. By that time Oswald had been named.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2019, 05:48:15 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2019, 06:37:16 AM »
I think Ruth, being the epitome of the nosy landlady, knew LHO had a rifle rolled in the blanket.  When the cops knocked on her door she already knew the rifle was missing.  THAT's why she was expecting their visit.

Who says she was nosy. She never saw the rifle in the blanket, let alone anywhere else prior to the 22nd
I don't know if Ruth actually had to see the rifle to do the math.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 06:40:02 AM by Bill Chapman »

Online Steve Howsley

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2019, 06:40:48 AM »
Hi Bill, the point is RP didn't know about the rifle when she made the "I've been expecting you" comment to the police. She made the comment purely because Oswald worked at the TSBD. A 'gut feeling' if you like, which goes to show just how weird/strange Oswald must have come across to her.

+ 1

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2019, 06:40:48 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2019, 09:37:57 AM »
Or that anyone with an IQ above room temperature (ie Ruth) would realise that the cops would be soon be around to talk to a "commie" who worked in the TSBD. See Joe Molina as example.

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2019, 12:44:45 PM »
Or that anyone with an IQ above room temperature (ie Ruth) would realise that the cops would be soon be around to talk to a "commie" who worked in the TSBD. See Joe Molina as example.

Hi Colin, yeah, that's certainly a good explanation for RP's "expecting you" comment plus the fact Oswald's wife was Russian and he had defected. If that was the case then RP would have just seen the police visit as routine and her comment takes on a whole different meaning. As a POI, I hadn't realised until an hour ago that RP actually denies making that comment! Now, it's senseless for her to lie, she knows several officers have the comment logged, so is the explanation that the "expecting you" comment was made so off-hand, so casually that she didn't even register the fact she'd said it? It could just be that everyone's (both camps) making far too much out of an innocuous innocent remark.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2019, 12:44:45 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2019, 01:05:10 PM »
Hi Colin, yeah, that's certainly a good explanation for RP's "expecting you" comment plus the fact Oswald's wife was Russian and he had defected. If that was the case then RP would have just seen the police visit as routine and her comment takes on a whole different meaning. As a POI, I hadn't realised until an hour ago that RP actually denies making that comment! Now, it's senseless for her to lie, she knows several officers have the comment logged, so is the explanation that the "expecting you" comment was made so off-hand, so casually that she didn't even register the fact she'd said it? It could just be that everyone's (both camps) making far too much out of an innocuous innocent remark.

And remember Michael arrives 15 minutes later. I think the remark is important because it indicates that the cops arrived before Oswald was named on TV....nothing more. That does not jibe with their report. However Walthers, Weatherford and Oxford indicate the timing was earlier and consistent with Ruth’s remark.

Offline Louis Earl

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2019, 08:41:25 PM »
I say that Ruth was nosy because of her testimony that she saw a partially typed letter prepared by LHO and she hand copied it "just because." 

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2019, 08:41:25 PM »