Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: How to wipe down your weapon of choice real quick  (Read 33283 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

How to wipe down your weapon of choice real quick
« on: July 13, 2019, 04:42:33 AM »
Advertisement
'Pulp Fiction' Bruce Willis
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 06:39:32 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

How to wipe down your weapon of choice real quick
« on: July 13, 2019, 04:42:33 AM »

Offline Michael Walton

Re: How to wipe down your weapon of choice real quick
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 01:25:11 PM »
Bill - your video doesn't play here in America so you must not be in the U.S. You may want to fix that - simply record with your camera the clip and then upload it somewhere. It's not hard to do. Can you do it, Bill?

But to answer this post. Sure, Bill, sure. Lee had all kinds of time to wipe down his weapon (but not pick up the shells - oops!), skip over to the other side of the floor and, taking his time, stuff the gun between the boxes. But first, he just took all the time in the world to carefully wipe it down. Then he just skipped right on down to buy himself an ice cold bottle of Coca Cola - the Real Thing (registered trademark).

Not a hair out of place. Not a drop of sweat. Nary an extra heartbeat as the cop supposedly confronts him.

Sure, Bill, sure.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 01:55:45 AM »
Bill - your video doesn't play here in America so you must not be in the U.S. You may want to fix that - simply record with your camera the clip and then upload it somewhere. It's not hard to do. Can you do it, Bill?

But to answer this post. Sure, Bill, sure. Lee had all kinds of time to wipe down his weapon (but not pick up the shells - oops!), skip over to the other side of the floor and, taking his time, stuff the gun between the boxes. But first, he just took all the time in the world to carefully wipe it down. Then he just skipped right on down to buy himself an ice cold bottle of Coca Cola - the Real Thing (registered trademark).

Not a hair out of place. Not a drop of sweat. Nary an extra heartbeat as the cop supposedly confronts him.

Sure, Bill, sure.

LOL

You insult me and then expect me to run around for you because you can't find out how to get stuff to work?

I reckon Oswald expected to be captured on his way out post shots, and wouldn't want to be carrying spent shells. And picking them up would just enhance the possibility of leaving a print or two.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 02:00:34 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 01:55:45 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2019, 03:20:00 AM »
LOL

You insult me and then expect me to run around for you because you can't find out how to get stuff to work?

I reckon Oswald expected to be captured on his way out post shots, and wouldn't want to be carrying spent shells. And picking them up would just enhance the possibility of leaving a print or two.

So if he expected to be captured on the way out why bother a wipe down? Video not available here too, but seems now moot given your latest response.

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 03:25:25 AM »
So if he expected to be captured on the way out why bother a wipe down? Video not available here too, but seems now moot given your latest response.

Developing latent fingerprints on firearms however, has a very low probability – somewhere around five percent. That means 95% of the time you will not find any. You wouldn’t know that by watching television.
https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/why-we-dont-find-fingerprints-on-firearms/

Lifting latent fingerprints from guns and other firearms is often, however, very difficult. It’s hard because these firearms, especially, ones used in crimes, are often oily, extremely dirty surfaces with multiple overlapping impressions smeared by movement. The fact that the prosecution can’t present fingerprint evidence doesn’t mean their case isn’t strong. The prosecution can meet its burden of proof of guilt beyond a reasonable doubt with direct and circumstantial evidence. Prosecutors and district attorneys, in these situations, will also normally present an expert who can explain the lack of fingerprint evidence. Obviously fingerprints can help a criminal prosecution but their existence doesn’t mean the case is a loser for the defense.
https://www.gambonelaw.com/blog/fingerprints-forensic-evidence-on-guns-and-firearms.cfm

JohnM
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 04:01:50 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2019, 03:25:25 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2019, 05:18:42 AM »

Did I imply that he wanted to be caught, Colin?
Expecting to be caught does not automatically mean that he wanted to be caught.
Do you think he wanted to be caught, Colin?

PS If you're on a VPN switch to a Canadian server.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 05:48:35 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2019, 05:48:15 AM »
Did I imply that he wanted to be caught, Colin?
Expecting to be caught does not automatically mean that he wanted to.

You said you reckoned he expected to be caught, as I repeated. Are you arguing with yourself here? Was he concerned with leaving prints or not, in your considered opinion?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2019, 05:48:15 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: How to wipe down your weapon of choice real quic
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2019, 06:20:19 AM »
You said you reckoned he expected to be caught, as I repeated. Are you arguing with yourself here? Was he concerned with leaving prints or not, in your considered opinion?

The rifle, yes

The shells, maybe, but possibly felt the chance of being accosted with them on his person would be the greater risk.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 06:23:34 AM by Bill Chapman »