Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: How to wipe down your weapon of choice real quick  (Read 34570 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: How to wipe down your weapon of choice real quick
« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2019, 07:15:42 AM »
Advertisement
Nah, nothing wrong here, nothing at all.

While Oswald was alive:

"Our fine men in uniform, the SS, the FBI and many other government agencies have redoubled their fine efforts and were not able to find Oswald's fingerprints on that gun"

Chief Curry to press

47 hours later after Oswald was shot dead while in Police custody:

"Our fine men in uniform, the SS, the FBI and many other government agencies have redoubled their fine efforts and were able to find Oswald's fingerprints on that gun. In that 47 hours of super sleuthing, they all must have missed some tiny area to check I imagine, now no more questions, we're very busy here"

Chief Curry to press

Seems Curry didn't know a lot of things about the evidence...

Jesse Curry WC Testimony
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/curry1.htm

(...)

Representative FORD - What evidence did you have at that point?
Mr. CURRY - I couldn't tell you all the evidence. I think Captain Fritz can tell you better than I. Captain Fritz Just told me on Friday afternoon he said, "We have sufficient evidence to file a case on Oswald for the murder of Tippit." Later on that night, somewhere around midnight, I believe, he told me, he said, "We now have sufficient evidence to file on Lee Harvey Oswald for the assassination of President Kennedy."
He told me he had talked it over with Henry Wade and with the assistant district attorney and they agreed we had enough evidence to file a case, and a decision was made then to file the case, which we did.
Representative FORD - At that time you had the rifle, did you not?
Mr. CURRY - Yes, sir.
Representative FORD - Who made the original identification of the rifle, the kind of rifle that it was?
Mr. CURRY - I don't know, sir.
Representative FORD - It was reported that the original identification was a 7.65 Mauser. Are those reports true or untrue?
Mr. CURRY - I wouldn't know, sir.
Representative FORD - You don't know?
Mr. CURRY - I don't know.
Representative FORD - Do you know when it was finally determined that it was not a 7.65 Mauser?
Mr. CURRY - No, sir; I don't know that.
Mr. MCCLOY - As far as I know there was no police report that it was a 7.65 rifle.
(Discussion off the record.)

Mr. RANKIN - Chief Curry, do you know of any police records of your police department that showed that this weapon that was purportedly involved in the assassination was a Mauser rifle?
Mr. CURRY - No, sir; not to my knowledge.
Representative FORD - All of your records show affirmatively it was the Italian rifle?
Mr. CURRY - Yes, sir. That is correct.
Mr. MCCLOY - While we are waiting for Mr. Rankin to continue his examination, let me ask you this question, Chief.
Did you, prior to the assassination, know or hear of Oswald?
Mr. CURRY - Never.
Mr. MCCLOY - Didn't hear that he had been--there was a defector named Oswald in the city of Dallas?
Mr. CURRY - No, sir.

Mr. MCCLOY - Never heard of his name?
Mr. CURRY - We didn't have it in our files.
Representative FORD - Was there anything in your files that Lee Harvey Oswald had been involved with the Dallas police force?
Mr. CURRY - No, sir.
Representative FORD - No record whatsoever?
Mr. CURRY - No, sir.
Mr. DULLES - Was there any record of his having made a trip to the Soviet Union and returned?
Mr. CURRY - Not in our files.
Mr. DULLES - And returned to Texas?
Mr. CURRY - We didn't have anything in our files regarding Lee Harvey Oswald.

(...)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 07:29:04 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #56 on: July 23, 2019, 07:15:42 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #57 on: July 23, 2019, 09:27:09 AM »
My recollection is that Studebaker (he of the grand total of two months experience) used a relatively new technique that failed to raise fingerprints... after which the FBI lab used some sort of chemical analysis and succeeded in finding partials.

Studebaker worked on the gun? News to me.

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2019, 10:14:15 AM »
Jack, my recollection is that Norman did not provide a statement until the Tuesday (11/26). If you have any earlier statements could you share?

I have never seen a statement. I always thought that was incredible to wait for four days given his location. The same with Jarman waiting two days. You would think they had to be talking to someone.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2019, 10:14:15 AM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2019, 10:23:55 AM »
More brutal pedantic nitpicking.  Norman confirms right from the start that the shots came from above his head.  The only open window above his head is the SN.  If you want to believe there is some cause to doubt his hearing the bolt being operated and shell cases hitting the floor, it doesn't make any difference if he still confirms that a rifle was fired above his head.  If there were any doubt of this, witnesses saw a rifle in that window at the moment of the assassination and fired bullet casings were found by that window.  It's inexplicable how there could be much more supporting evidence of the fact that shots were fired from that window.

The three shot scenario is a failed storyline for obvious reasons and simply quoting a witness who has a personal variation of it and demanding everyone believe it is why after 50+ years the debate continues. No one needs Norman's tortured tale to believe the shots were fired from directly above him. When he changed his statement to enhance this story the rest of his statement became questionable. What was needed from him was a description of the shots not an embellishment and alteration of his existing statement. He changes his statement and on doing so then described three evenly spaced shots which is a direct contradiction to what BRW and Jarman described.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2019, 12:00:17 PM »
Studebaker worked on the gun? News to me.

Maybe your recollection is more accurate than mine then.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2019, 12:00:17 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2019, 12:25:25 PM »
The three shot scenario is a failed storyline for obvious reasons and simply quoting a witness who has a personal variation of it and demanding everyone believe it is why after 50+ years the debate continues. No one needs Norman's tortured tale to believe the shots were fired from directly above him. When he changed his statement to enhance this story the rest of his statement became questionable. What was needed from him was a description of the shots not an embellishment and alteration of his existing statement. He changes his statement and on doing so then described three evenly spaced shots which is a direct contradiction to what BRW and Jarman described.

'Tortured tale' huh... did you get that gem from the Bug, or maybe from Brennan's ghost writer, by any chance?

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2019, 12:31:35 PM »
Maybe your recollection is more accurate than mine then.
Seems it is.

Studebaker testimony not the W.C.
"Mr. STUDEBAKER. No, sir; Lieutenant Day handled the rifle part of it. I didn't mess with the rifle at all. He took it down to the city hall and worked on it down there at the lab."

How strange it was that Studebaker, the official photographer, who according to his testimony took about 10,000 photos never photographed the paper bag in situ. He saw it  :) but never photographed it. Another Keystone Kop?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 12:42:56 PM by Ray Mitcham »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2019, 12:31:35 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2019, 12:57:00 PM »
Seems it is.

Studebaker testimony not the W.C.
"Mr. STUDEBAKER. No, sir; Lieutenant Day handled the rifle part of it. I didn't mess with the rifle at all. He took it down to the city hall and worked on it down there at the lab."

How strange it was that Studebaker, the official photographer, who according to his testimony took about 10,000 photos never photographed the paper bag in situ. He saw it  :) but never photographed it. Another Keystone Kop?

He never photographed it there but it did not leave the building until 3pm. Things were moved and replaced then photographed but not the wrapper.

The evidence suggests that Oswald did not place it in the "Studebaker position".

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,2004.40.html