Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: How to wipe down your weapon of choice real quick  (Read 34572 times)

Offline Jack Nessan

Re: How to wipe down your weapon of choice real quick
« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2019, 02:29:06 PM »
Advertisement
Via his affidavit, Norman basically said he heard 3 shots, the bolt action, and shells dropping on the floor above. You seem to find the later testimony's more detailed description of those basics sinister in some way. Seems natural that in testimony, the Q&A would draw out more details.

No, there is nothing basic about his statements.---- His first statement was his head was outside and he was looking up during the cycling of the rifle. He stuck his head outside and pulled it back all within 2.3 seconds. No mention at all about hearing the shells or the bolt action.  He then changed his mind and gave a completely different accounting in the 12/4 Secret Service statement.

There is absolutely nothing that can be derived from his many statements other than he thought the shooter was above him and JFK was hit by the first shot
(WC: I heard a shot, and then after I heard the shot, well, it seems as though the President, you know, slumped or something, and then another shot and I believe Jarman or someone told me, he said, "I believe someone is shooting at the President," and I think I made a statement "It is someone shooting at the President, and I believe it came from up above us.").
 After that it was one contradictory statement after  the other. The other two members of the group believed two shots caused all the wounds. BRW thought there was only two shots and Jarman thought there was a third shot after the car accelerated leaving Dealey Plaza.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: July 21, 2019, 02:29:06 PM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #41 on: July 21, 2019, 05:28:46 PM »
No, there is nothing basic about his statements.---- His first statement was his head was outside and he was looking up during the cycling of the rifle. He stuck his head outside and pulled it back all within 2.3 seconds. No mention at all about hearing the shells or the bolt action.  He then changed his mind and gave a completely different accounting in the 12/4 Secret Service statement.

There is absolutely nothing that can be derived from his many statements other than he thought the shooter was above him and JFK was hit by the first shot
(WC: I heard a shot, and then after I heard the shot, well, it seems as though the President, you know, slumped or something, and then another shot and I believe Jarman or someone told me, he said, "I believe someone is shooting at the President," and I think I made a statement "It is someone shooting at the President, and I believe it came from up above us.").
 After that it was one contradictory statement after  the other. The other two members of the group believed two shots caused all the wounds. BRW thought there was only two shots and Jarman thought there was a third shot after the car accelerated leaving Dealey Plaza.

BR W Statemenht to the W.C.

"Mr. WILLIAMS. After the Presidents car had passed my window, the last thing I remember seeing him do was, you know--it seemed to me he had a habit of pushing his hair back. The last thing I saw him do was he pushed his hand up like this. I assumed he was brushing his hair back. And then the thing that happened then was a loud shot--first I thought they were saluting the President, somebody even maybe a motorcycle backfire. The first shot--there was two shots rather close together. The second and the third shot was closer together than the first shot and the second shot, as I remember. "

Jarman to the W.C.

"Mr. JARMAN - After the motorcade turned, going west on Elm, then there was a loud shot, or backfire, as I thought it was then--I thought it was a backfire.
Mr. BALL - You thought it was what?
Mr. JARMAN - A backfire or an officer giving a salute to the President. And then at that time I didn't, you know, think too much about it. And then the second shot was fired, and that is when the people started falling on the ground and the motorcade car jumped forward, and then the third shot was fired right behind the second one. "
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 05:30:44 PM by Ray Mitcham »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2019, 09:32:35 PM »

You lot always squeal about witnesses adding details to what was stated earlier via affidavit. Do you seriously expect affidavits to be as complete as WC testimony? He gave the basics in the affidavit.... described what he heard in shorthand, if-you-will. Then later filled in other details under Q&A in testimony.

And how much more basic can he get in this affidavit?

HAROLD NORMAN AFFIDAVIT

State of Texas
County of Dallas
City of Dallas

I Harold Norman, wish to make the following statement to Special Agents William Carter and Arthur W. Blake, United States Secret Service.

I am 25 years of age, and I live at 4858 Beulah Street, Dallas, Texas. I do not have a telephone at my residence. I have been employed as an order filler at the Texas School Book Depository, 411 Elm Street, Dallas, Texas for about three years.

I was acquainted with Lee Oswald during the time that he was employed at this company, but I never did get to know him well. I have spoken to him briefly to say "Hello" or in connection with my work, but I never carried on any conversations with him. He did not mix with the employees and did not appear to want to make friends with me or any of the others. I never saw him at any time other than in the building at work.

On the 22nd of November, 1963, to the best of my memory, the last time I saw him was about 10:00 A.M. when we were both working on the first floor of the building. I did not speak to him at that time.

About 12:15 P.M. on this same date, after I had eaten my lunch, I went to the fifth floor of the building to watch the parade of the President pass the building. Bonnie Ray Williams and James Jarman, who also worked at this building went with me. We took a position in the south-east corner of the building on the fifth floor and I was looking out the window which is closest to the east end of the buuilding overlooking Elm Street.

Just after the President passed by, I heard a shot and several seconds later I heard two more shots. I knew that the shots had come from directly above me, and I could hear the expended cartridges fall to the floor. I also could here the bolt action of the rifle. I saw some dust fall from the ceiling of the fifth floor and I felt sure that whoever had fired the shots was directly above me. I saw all of the people down on the street rut towards the west side of the building, so I went to that side with Williams and Jarman, and looked out the west side window. We discussed the shots, and where they had come from and decided we better go down stairs. We walked down the stairs to the first floor and did not see anyone else on the stairway as we went down. From the time of the shots until we started down-stairs was about five minutes.

I have read over the above statement and it is the truth to the best of my knowledge.

/s/Harold Norman
Harold Norman

Subscribed and sworn to before me this 4th day of December, 1963.
/s/William N. Carter
William N. Carter, Special Agent U.S. Secret Service

Witness: /s/Arthur W. Blake
Special Agent, U.S. Secret Service
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 09:42:44 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2019, 09:32:35 PM »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2019, 05:43:14 AM »
BR W Statemenht to the W.C.

"Mr. WILLIAMS. After the Presidents car had passed my window, the last thing I remember seeing him do was, you know--it seemed to me he had a habit of pushing his hair back. The last thing I saw him do was he pushed his hand up like this. I assumed he was brushing his hair back. And then the thing that happened then was a loud shot--first I thought they were saluting the President, somebody even maybe a motorcycle backfire. The first shot--there was two shots rather close together. The second and the third shot was closer together than the first shot and the second shot, as I remember. "

Jarman to the W.C.

"Mr. JARMAN - After the motorcade turned, going west on Elm, then there was a loud shot, or backfire, as I thought it was then--I thought it was a backfire.
Mr. BALL - You thought it was what?
Mr. JARMAN - A backfire or an officer giving a salute to the President. And then at that time I didn't, you know, think too much about it. And then the second shot was fired, and that is when the people started falling on the ground and the motorcade car jumped forward, and then the third shot was fired right behind the second one. "

Maybe BRW heard a third shot fired on th 24th but he definitely never heard a third shot on the 22nd or even the 23rd. WC and HSCA: "Media's Influence"

BRW Sheriffs Statement 11/22: "I heard 2 shots. It sounded like they came from just above us. We ran to the West side of the building. We didn't see anybody. "

FBI REPORT: November 23, 1963.

Williams heard two shots which sounded like they came from right over his head. He stated he was not hanging out the window, but did glance up and saw no one. He stated he and the other two [Norman and Jarman] then ran to the West end of the building where they looked out and they did not realize that the President had been shot.

Jarman describes the second shot as the headshot. Seems obvious that Jarman heard the second shot and the car "SPEEDED UP" then another shot afterward. I bet you are thinking the third shot was an echo or the headshot really happened after the car "SPEEDED UP"

FBI 11/24 : James Jarman

He said that he heard a shot and then saw President KENNEDY
move his right hand up to his head. After an elapse of three
or four seconds, he heard a second shot and then the vehicle
bearing President KENNEDY speeded up and he was unable to
observe any more about the presidential vehicle.
He said a
third shot was heard- by-him closely following the second shot
possibly within/second or two afterward. He said these shots
sounded to him to be too loud to have been anywhere outside the
TSBD building.

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2019, 05:50:54 AM »
You lot always squeal about witnesses adding details to what was stated earlier via affidavit. Do you seriously expect affidavits to be as complete as WC testimony? He gave the basics in the affidavit.... described what he heard in shorthand, if-you-will. Then later filled in other details under Q&A in testimony.

And how much more basic can he get in this affidavit?

HAROLD NORMAN AFFIDAVIT

State of Texas
County of Dallas
City of Dallas

I Harold Norman, wish to make the following statement to Special Agents William Carter and Arthur W. Blake, United States Secret Service.

I am 25 years of age, and I live at 4858 Beulah Street, Dallas, Texas. I do not have a telephone at my residence. I have been employed as an order filler at the Texas School Book Depository, 411 Elm Street, Dallas, Texas for about three years.

I was acquainted with Lee Oswald during the time that he was employed at this company, but I never did get to know him well. I have spoken to him briefly to say "Hello" or in connection with my work, but I never carried on any conversations with him. He did not mix with the employees and did not appear to want to make friends with me or any of the others. I never saw him at any time other than in the building at work.

On the 22nd of November, 1963, to the best of my memory, the last time I saw him was about 10:00 A.M. when we were both working on the first floor of the building. I did not speak to him at that time.

About 12:15 P.M. on this same date, after I had eaten my lunch, I went to the fifth floor of the building to watch the parade of the President pass the building. Bonnie Ray Williams and James Jarman, who also worked at this building went with me. We took a position in the south-east corner of the building on the fifth floor and I was looking out the window which is closest to the east end of the buuilding overlooking Elm Street.

Just after the President passed by, I heard a shot and several seconds later I heard two more shots. I knew that the shots had come from directly above me, and I could hear the expended cartridges fall to the floor. I also could here the bolt action of the rifle. I saw some dust fall from the ceiling of the fifth floor and I felt sure that whoever had fired the shots was directly above me. I saw all of the people down on the street rut towards the west side of the building, so I went to that side with Williams and Jarman, and looked out the west side window. We discussed the shots, and where they had come from and decided we better go down stairs. We walked down the stairs to the first floor and did not see anyone else on the stairway as we went down. From the time of the shots until we started down-stairs was about five minutes.

I have read over the above statement and it is the truth to the best of my knowledge.

/s/Harold Norman
Harold Norman

Subscribed and sworn to before me this 4th day of December, 1963.
/s/William N. Carter
William N. Carter, Special Agent U.S. Secret Service

Witness: /s/Arthur W. Blake
Special Agent, U.S. Secret Service

The whole event didn't last 6 seconds. How much detail can be added? The problem with Norman is not adding details but changing the existing details to fit his new story. He said he stuck his head out of the window and the dust fell into his eyes outside of the window. It took 8 days to add the new details and change the existing statement. The only useful information provided by Norman was JFK being struck by the first shot. The rest is new added details that replaced old existing details.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2019, 05:50:54 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2019, 06:16:13 AM »
The whole event didn't last 6 seconds. How much detail can be added? The problem with Norman is not adding details but changing the existing details to fit his new story. He said he stuck his head out of the window and the dust fell into his eyes outside of the window. It took 8 days to add the new details and change the existing statement. The only useful information provided by Norman was JFK being struck by the first shot. The rest is new added details that replaced old existing details.

Show us where 'new details' changed his hearing the 3 shots followed by the bolt action and expended shells hitting the floor.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 06:24:16 AM by Bill Chapman »

Offline Jack Nessan

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2019, 02:04:53 PM »
Show us where 'new details' changed his hearing the 3 shots followed by the bolt action and expended shells hitting the floor.

Hearing the bolt action and the shells is the added new detail. Post Norman's statement from 11/22, 11/23, 11/24, or 11/25. How about explain Norman's statement on 11/26. He waits 12 days to add the story of hearing the bolt action and the shells, changes his story to accommodate the story and that is the part of his statement that you quote as factual.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2019, 02:04:53 PM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2019, 02:33:40 PM »
Harold Norman statement given on 26th November to a Special Agent Benjamin O.Keutzer

Norman said, “ snip.....he and a fellow employees, James Jarmon and Bonnie Ray Williams,
were watching the Presidential Motorcade from the windows of the fifth floor of the Texas School Depository building.
He stated that about the time the car in which the President was riding onto Elm Street, he heard a shot.
He said he thought the shot had been fired from the floor directly above him.
He further stated at that time he stuck his head from the window and looked upward toward the roof but
could see nothing because small particles of dirt were falling  from above him.
He stated that two additional shots were fired after he had pulled his head back in from the window.
He stated he could see people walking toward the other end of the building [I.e the West end]
He, Jarmon and Williams ran to the other end of the room and looked out of the window there.
He stated that he saw nothing and then returned to the window from which he had been previously looking.”

Not a word about any cartridges dropping on the floor above or rifle bolts being heard.