Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald killed Tippit -- Helen Markham confirms her ID on CBS 1964  (Read 12596 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Oswald killed Tippit -- Helen Markham confirms her ID on CBS 1964
« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2020, 11:49:32 PM »
Advertisement
Mr. BALL. Did you recognize anyone in the lineup?
Mrs. MARKHAM. No, sir.
Mr. BALL. You did not? Did you see anybody--I have asked you that question before did you recognize anybody from their face?
Mrs. MARKHAM. From their face, no.

Markham gave Ball fits in the way she (mis)understood and responded to questions
You left that part out
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 11:50:22 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #128 on: April 11, 2020, 11:49:32 PM »

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #129 on: April 11, 2020, 11:51:53 PM »
Mr. BALL. Did you recognize anyone in the lineup?
Mrs. MARKHAM. No, sir.
Mr. BALL. You did not? Did you see anybody--I have asked you that question before did you recognize anybody from their face?
Mrs. MARKHAM. From their face, no.

What a statement.

The WC said the following:

Just prior to the shooting, Mrs. Helen Markham, a waitress in downtown Dallas, was about to cross 10th Street at Patton. As she waited on the northwest corner of the intersection for traffic to pass, she noticed a young man as he was "almost ready to get up on the curb" at the southeast corner of the intersection, approximately 50 feet away. The man continued along 10th Street. Mrs. Markham saw a police car slowly approach the man from the rear and stop alongside of him.

Who was this man? Wasn't Oswald walking west on 10th street, not east? No mention of this man by Scoggins who was parked right at that corner.

Online Gerry Down

« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2020, 11:55:35 PM »
Did Oswald walk all the way west past the intersection, and then turn back east when he saw Tippits patrol car. Is that what Markham saw? Is she seeing Oswald walking back east?

Surely if that was the case Oswald should have ran down Paton, not simply turn back east on 10th street.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #130 on: April 11, 2020, 11:55:35 PM »

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #131 on: April 12, 2020, 02:31:04 AM »
Why in the world would he do that if Tippit was heading east?

Offline Ross Lidell

« Reply #132 on: April 12, 2020, 11:48:14 PM »
Incidentally, where is the complete interview that Ross pulled his propaganda piece from?  I thought it was from the 1964 CBS "November 22nd and the Warren Report" special, but I can't find her talking about the lineup in that special.

Hi John,

Easy for an amateur Vid-producer to find. Video production apps permit smooth scrolling of the entire film. In the "trim" module, you see the spot you're looking for as the images change when the mouse moves the position on the timeline left or right.

What you are looking for (the clip in my YouTube video) is at 1:23:08 (in the full CBS 1964 program). I did not exclude anything.

Markham's detailed description of seeing "before during and after" the Tippit murder (by Oswald!!!) is at 1:09:17 (in the full CBS 1964 program).

Note: You need the version that commences with the apology for not broadcasting the usual programs: Sunday with Jack Benny, Ted Mack and The Original Amateur Hour, The Twentieth Century and Mister Ed. That version will give you the correct times for the clips you want to review.

Ross

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #132 on: April 12, 2020, 11:48:14 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2020, 05:02:49 AM »
Markham gave Ball fits in the way she (mis)understood and responded to questions
You left that part out
Yeah Counsel Ball couldn't speak East Texas hick. So what is an OB?

Online John Iacoletti

« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2020, 06:52:32 AM »
What you are looking for (the clip in my YouTube video) is at 1:23:08 (in the full CBS 1964 program). I did not exclude anything.

Thanks much!  I'd sure like to see Eddie Barker's entire footage to see what they left out.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2020, 06:52:32 AM »