Users Currently Browsing This Topic:

Author Topic: Where Were Jane Berry, Betty Thornton and Peggy Burney During the Motorcade?  (Read 3421 times)

Offline John Iacoletti

• This Member Has Made
    A Forum Donation!
Westbrook was there, you were not.

QED

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Thomas Graves

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Westbrook was there, you were not.

QED

Iacoletti,

Yeah, "Pillbox" was there. 

Nearly 56 years ago, and with her colleagues Calvery, Hicks, and Reed (four gals in total).

But there are only three gals standing together by the Stemmons sign in the Zapruder film, and the one on the left has black hair and a dark complexion, just like an American Indian (e.g. Stella Mae Jacob) would have. 

(The two women to their left are Inez Juanita "June" Hart Dishong and her unnamed-by-her colleague from Higginbotham-Bailey.)

-- MWT   ;)

« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 09:37:57 PM by Thomas Graves »

Online Thomas Graves

Serendipitously segueing this thread into what I've posted on another one ("Why Did The First Shot Miss?"), I've just now stumbled upon the FBI's 11/25/63 report regarding the observations of Mrs A. G. (Jane) Berry that says she was standing (with her colleague Betty Thornton on Elm Street in front of the TSBD, according to her 4/01/64 statement to the FBI) "just west of the building," and that as the limo was passing her, she heard the first of three shots ring out.

Which, if she was standing near the tip of the "island" or at the very base of Elm Street, would appear to jibe with what Amos Euins and Patricia Ann Lawrence (married name Donaldson) say in the excellent video, The Lost Bullet -- that the first shot ran out right after the limo had passed the black-and-white "Highway 80" signs on the "island".

--  MWT   ;)

« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 10:07:11 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Thomas Graves

Serendipitously segueing this thread into what I've posted on another one ("Why Did The First Shot Miss?"), I've just now stumbled upon the FBI's 11/25/63 report regarding the observations of Mrs A. G. (Jane) Berry that says she was standing (with her colleague Betty Thornton on Elm Street in front of the TSBD, according to her 4/01/64 statement to the FBI) "just west of the building," and that as the limo was passing her, she heard the first of three shots ring out.

Which, if she was standing near the tip of the "island" or at the very base of Elm Street, would appear to jibe with what Amos Euins and Patricia Ann Lawrence (married name Donaldson) say in the excellent video, The Lost Bullet -- that the first shot ran out right after the limo had passed the black-and-white "Highway 80" signs on the "island," and even more so if Berry (and Thornton) were standing on the Elm Street Extension sidewalk or in the curving line of spectators from the tip of the "island" to the Elm Street Extension curb.

--  MWT   ;)

"Dupe"

Sorry.

-- MWT   ;)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2019, 11:53:08 PM by Thomas Graves »

Offline John Iacoletti

• This Member Has Made
    A Forum Donation!
Yeah, "Pillbox" was there. 

Yeah, giving witnesses cute little nicknames really convinces anyone that your opinion is correct.

::)

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Thomas Graves

Yeah, giving witnesses cute little nicknames really convinces anyone that your opinion is correct.

::)

Iacoletti,

Westbrook's "identification" of herself and her good bud, Gloria Calvert (sic) in the Z-film (from behind and 54 years after-the-fact) was so far off that "Pillbox" may very well be a very apt "play" on her married name, don't you think?

Btw, which theory do you prefer today -- 1) that Carol Reed (or Karan Hicks) had black hair and an American Indian-like dark complexion, or 2) that black-haired and dark-complected Stella Mae Jacob bailed on her two Texas School Book Company colleagues (Gloria Holt and Sharon Simmons) in order to stand shoulder-to-shoulder with South-Western Publishing Company colleagues Gloria Calvery and Karen Westbrook, while two of their colleagues (Reed and Hicks) bailed on them?

--  MWT   ;)

PS  If #1, above, then where-oh-where is Karan Hicks?

PPS  Oops, my bad.  I confused Westbrook with Mary Woodward Pillsworth (someone who, when interviewed by Stephen "Smilin' 'n Noddin'" Fagin, did have an excellent memory, btw).

Hmm.

Can I change her nickname to "Can't Tell" Scranton?

EDIT:  But you know something?

I kinda like "Pillbox" for her.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login)

« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 12:01:48 AM by Thomas Graves »

Offline John Iacoletti

• This Member Has Made
    A Forum Donation!
Westbrook's "identification" of herself and her good bud, Gloria Calvert (sic) in the Z-film (from behind and 54 years after-the-fact) was so far off that "Pillbox" may very well be a very apt "play" on her married name, don't you think?

Merely calling a witness wrong (particularly about who she herself is) is not a particularly compelling argument that your opinion is correct.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Thomas Graves

Merely calling a witness wrong (particularly about who she herself is) is not a particularly compelling argument that your opinion is correct.

Iacoletti,

You just don't get it.

Despite your apparent wishes otherwise, Westbrook was wrong.

Too bad she couldn't remember she was standing three people to the left of her good friend and colleague Gloria Calvert [sic], and that she wore her dress to the motorcade, not her raincoat, and that her headscarf was very light blue, not medium blue, and that Calvert's [sic] hair was much redder than strawberry-blond Holt's, and that Calvert [sic] was so ... large.

The assassination must have been very traumatic for Westbrook to have messed up her memory so much.

But then again, it was 54 years earlier, and from behind ...

-- MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 05:06:25 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline John Iacoletti

• This Member Has Made
    A Forum Donation!
Iacoletti,

You just don't get it.

Despite your apparent wishes otherwise, Westbrook was wrong.

Online Thomas Graves

Iacoletti,

Cute!

Did they teach you how to do that in your software debugging class?

Since you refuse to answer my earlier questions, let me rephrase them into just one for you.

Which of these seven gals, if any, lied (or were mysteriously mistaken) in their FBI statements as to who they watched the motorcade with?

1) Stella Mae Jacob of Texas School Book Company

2) Gloria Holt of Texas School Book Company

3) Sharon Simmons of Texas School Book Company

4) Karen Westbrook of South-Western Publishing Company

5) Carol Reed of South-Western Publishing Company

6) Karan Hicks of South-Western Publishing Company

7) Gloria Calvery of South-Western Publishing Company

For Karen Westbrook Scranton's memory to be correct, the answer is "everybody, myself included".

--  MWT  ;)

« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 09:52:04 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

Mobile View