Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why the first shot missed  (Read 34904 times)

Offline Jerry Organ

Re: Why the first shot missed
« Reply #144 on: July 22, 2019, 06:28:20 AM »
Advertisement
I'm not sure those pipes are still present on the seventh floor. I took photos and video from the seventh floor SE window pair in 2014 (yes, you can photograph on the seventh but not sixth floor). You may need to copy and paste this link in a browser window. Just a thought, would you request to Stephen he measure the circumfrance of the pipes with a tape measure? 

Good idea. You can calculate the diameter.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1h9EeeYbSd4P9lsnIG1NOdoCy3A7wGB3n

I don't recall noting the pipes, but I wasn't looking for them either. This video captured views from the western window and shifted to views from the eastern window. There was a large potted plant positioned in front of the center mullion. The video is very dark inside the building. An enhanced frame below shows the most likely frame that could have captured the pipes, if present. It could be the camera just did not sweep enough to pickup them up. I do doubt those pipes would be accessible to any visitor.

I also can't remember if the seventh floor is carpeted but I think it was. While looking at my videos for evidence of carpet I found video where I recorded the FBI's model of the TSBD. I did not see carpet, but did notice three dark slat like features in the floor. Possibly, the original floor slats? If so, the FBI model was cordoned off, just to the right of the hallway connecting the elevator to the seventh floor and accessible to all. Maybe Stephen could see if those are of any value.

James

Thank you, James.

Your memory is good. No pipes. Probably no pipes still on the fifth-floor SE corner. So pipes on sixth floor are non-functioning.

The parallel slats on the floor below the seventh-floor windows in the SE corner. Could it be something to do with exhibits or utility access? This photo opened up in a new window is very large.

Some floorboards in the NE corner where the rifle location exhibit is and, Stephen told me, some exposed floorboards are on the original stairway going down to the fifth floor (it actually goes halfway to the fifth floor now because it's an exhibit).

If they can go to the moon ...

https://virtualglobetrotting.com/map/texas-book-depository-snipers-nest/view/google/

... why can't they street-view the seventh-floor? Here's a walk-through (use your mouse to navigate in the picture). Those panels on the floor repeat.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 03:53:59 PM by Jerry Organ »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #144 on: July 22, 2019, 06:28:20 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #145 on: September 16, 2019, 06:57:40 PM »
Sniper Nest measurements from Stephen Fagin.

• Circumference of pipe = 7”
  • Width of floorboard = 3.25”
  • Corner to edge of brick at window = 33”

Corner --> Southeast interior corner.
Brick at window --> east edge of window's masonry opening.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #146 on: September 16, 2019, 07:06:15 PM »

Thanks Jerry! And thanks to Stephen Fagin for obtaining and sharing the measurements! The pipe is 2.23” in diameter if my arithmetic is correct! 😎

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #146 on: September 16, 2019, 07:06:15 PM »

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #147 on: September 17, 2019, 02:02:15 AM »

Thank you Jerry and Stephen for sharing. It's much appreciated! I'm going to re-calibrate my eyeballs now ;D.

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #148 on: November 04, 2019, 12:25:31 AM »
I had a great three and half days in Dealey Plaza this past week as an early birthday present. One unexpected find was the remnants of the pipes on the 7th floor. I had a tape measure so took these photos.  I also coincidentally met Stephen Fagin and thanked him for his help with Jerry's request. I also found out it is okay to photograph on the sixth floor also, just no flash on sixth or seventh. I got lots of photos of the glassed in SN display.

Edit - See reply #154 for an updated image.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 02:58:34 PM by James Hackerott »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #148 on: November 04, 2019, 12:25:31 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #149 on: November 04, 2019, 01:48:54 AM »
I had a great three and half days in Dealey Plaza this past week as an early birthday present. One unexpected find was the remnants of the pipes on the 7th floor. I had a tape measure so took these photos.  I also coincidentally met Stephen Fagin and thanked him for his help with Jerry's request. I also found out it is okay to photograph on the sixth floor also, just no flash on sixth or seventh. I got lots of photos of the glassed in SN display.

Very cool James! I see four circular items that could be cut off ends of pipes. Could you please explain what we are seeing in the photo? And I am looking forward to seeing your photos of the sixth floor sniper’s nest display!

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #150 on: November 04, 2019, 02:18:37 AM »

Thank, James.

As I take it, the "conduit" pipes start out on the floor of the sixth floor with the east pipe slightly further away from the south wall than the west pipe is ...

... but are seen on the floor of the seventh floor with the east pipe now closer (1 1/2"??) to the south wall than the west pipe.

Looks like something Denis plumbed.  :D

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #150 on: November 04, 2019, 02:18:37 AM »

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #151 on: November 04, 2019, 03:06:14 AM »
The image is over sized and may not be displaying fully. There two images on the top of collage. The first is a closeup of the pipe that would be the curved pipe from below. The ~2 in pipe is centered about 10” from the South wall. Just above and touching the pipe appears to be chipped cement or other material slightly mounded over the pipes and is chipped to form that irregular shape. The photo on top right would be the straight pipe from below. The bottom photo is rotated 90 degrees and shows the measures from the East wall.

I get roughly for the
straight pipe center 36” from East wall
straight pipe center 11.5” from South wall
bent pipe center 27.5” from East wall
bent pipe center  10” from South wall

Here is a full resolution view of the bent pipe and chip. Top edge is South. I don't think that chip contains a pipe edge, but I did not think at the time to check it closer.

For the SN pic many may be suitable for 3D anaglyphs. If you don't have a pair of cyan/red 3D glasses you might find some on Amazon pretty cheap. I wear glasses and found a pair of cyan/red clip-ons that work really well for me.