Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why the first shot missed  (Read 36263 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: Why the first shot missed
« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2019, 03:40:09 PM »
Advertisement

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #112 on: July 12, 2019, 03:40:09 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #113 on: July 12, 2019, 07:17:04 PM »
Four frames extracted from John's Gif, cropped and given a slight contrast adjustment.

The two frames, which appear to show a figure with a Rifle, have red letters marked over them.

One single frame which appears to show the figure with a Rifle.

Duncan, I saved John's Gif file to my computer, opened it with irfanview, and extracted all frames. I got 122 frames, of which the first 26 are blanks (black). Frames #67 and #68 are the two frames with the apparent rifle and red letters. The remaining frames don't include them. And the last frame appears to be the start of a fade-in to the next scene in the program (with a computer screen). So the two frames appear very briefly right in the middle of this scene. This reminds me somewhat of subliminal advertising, in which we were supposedly exposed to advertising without even knowing it, that we were told about back when I was still in school. I sure would like to find out if this "subliminal suggestion" is something that the producers of "The lost Bullet" have done. Or if this is something that is real.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #114 on: July 12, 2019, 07:38:18 PM »
Nice work.  The black line seems too wide to be a rifle barrel.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #114 on: July 12, 2019, 07:38:18 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #115 on: July 12, 2019, 09:11:32 PM »
The barrel seems blurred in proportion to the frame blur, but the stock doesn't seem to be. Therefore my enthusiasm, as to the 'rifle' being same, remains curbed.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #116 on: July 12, 2019, 09:28:35 PM »
The barrel seems blurred in proportion to the frame blur, but the stock doesn't seem to be. Therefore my enthusiasm, as to the 'rifle' being same, remains curbed.

I believe that is due to the contrast added by Duncan. Here is a copy of the first frame with the rifle that doesn't have any contrast added:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #116 on: July 12, 2019, 09:28:35 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #117 on: July 12, 2019, 10:05:25 PM »

The slanted object in the window is an artifact from the morphing "restoration" of assassination films done for "JFK: The Lost Bullet".

In trying to eliminate the blotches caused by heat damage to the Hughes film, they used a process to smooth out the sharp edges. Ironically, a slanted rifle-like object appears in the window about where one might expect it to be if there was a rifle there. It's still quite a find for something briefly-appearing in an animation.

I find "The Lost Bullet" restoration worked well for motion transitions and eliminated much of the blur and damage. The restorations just don't stand up to frame-by-frame analysis.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 08:15:25 AM by Jerry Organ »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #118 on: July 12, 2019, 10:37:45 PM »

The slanted object in the window is an artifact from the morphing "restoration" of assassination films done for "JFK: The Lost Bullet".

In trying to eliminate the blotches caused by heat damage to the Hughes film, they used a process to smooth out the sharp edges. Ironically, a slanted rifle-like object appears in the window about where one might expect it to be if there was a rifle there. It's still quite a find for something briefly-appearing in an animation.

I find "The Lost Bullet" restoration worked well for motion transitions and eliminated much of the blur and damage. The restorations just don't stand up to frame-by-frame analysis.

I guess the evil, evil, evil FBI, by "intentionally" destroying those frames, was just trying to cover up something that wasn't there.

(sarcasm)

-- MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 10:42:19 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #118 on: July 12, 2019, 10:37:45 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #119 on: July 12, 2019, 11:29:45 PM »

Very ironic, thanks Jerry!