Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why the first shot missed  (Read 34873 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Why the first shot missed
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2019, 07:39:49 AM »
Advertisement
Something isn’t quite right. They shouldn’t be in his line of sight from his seat on the box.

What makes you think shots were taken while seated on the box? I should think that Oswald had to be right at that window in order to be seen from the street.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 12:07:54 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2019, 07:39:49 AM »

Offline Chris Davidson

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2019, 08:18:16 AM »
More WC "sleight of hand-y" work.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2019, 02:33:27 PM »

JohnM

Thanks John, it appears to me that the photo of the actual sniper's nest was taken after the boxes had been moved for fingerprinting and then put back. And it appears to me that they positioned them closer to the center of the window than they originally were. The photos of the reenactment in Max Holland's mock-up, with the guy kneeling, don't include the box that the sniper was sitting on. My contention is that that box would be in the way of his lower legs and feet in that kneeling position. Here are a few photos to illustrate my point.

This first one shows a top (plan) view of the sniper's nest. The box he was sitting on is about 16.5" from the south wall, as indicated in Day's testimony. The 3 boxes just inside the window are positioned closer to the east than in your photo. This agrees with the Dillard telephoto photograph taken seconds after the last shot. The result is that there is very little room between the sitting box and the other boxes for someone to kneel without some interference.

This one includes the sniper sitting on the box and leaning forward. It is the position that is used for the view from Brennan's position. If the sniper sits straight up he is out of view from Brennan's position. And the sniper has a view of all three of the positions of the limo for shots at: just before Z133, Z225, and Z313 without moving much at all.

Finally, Max Holland says in his program that the box the sniper was sitting on was in about the position in this photo. However it was actually much closer as I have shown above. And Max appears to be sitting on two boxes, so he was much higher than the sniper.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 02:44:42 PM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2019, 02:33:27 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2019, 02:47:29 PM »
What makes you think shots were taken while seated on the box? I should think that Oswald had to right at that window in order to be seen from the street.

See my previous response to Mytton.

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2019, 04:12:55 PM »

View angle for Z133 shot. Holland places his early shot a little before this.

Eye level is good and I suppose up to three seconds of tracking (limousine length is roughly two-seconds of travel??).

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2019, 04:12:55 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2019, 04:19:11 PM »

View angle for Z133 shot. Holland places his early shot a little before this.

Eye level is good and I suppose up to three seconds of tracking (limousine length is roughly two-seconds of travel??).

Yes, you got it pretty much the same as I did. Is your setup layout to accurate measurements? If so, it tends to confirm my findings. Very nice!

Offline Jim Brunsman

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2019, 04:21:37 PM »
I think it's hilarious but tragic that people are still trying to "shoehorn" LHO into that window with malicious intent. There are a lot of potential assassins I'd be concerned about, but "Lee Hardly" is not one of them, especially with his unimpressive shooting record and that embarrassing rifle. Virtually every bit of evidence in this case has been tampered with or has a dubious chain of possession. Autopsy witnesses reported bullets and fragments recovered that were never introduced as evidence.

If there was a lone assassin, everything would line up perfectly and there would be no controversy. What we find is quite the opposite, with corrupt officials at the highest levels of our government covering up the truth from the outset.

You nutters are aware that Max Holland is a paid shill of the CIA, right? The guy is so oily, he makes me ill. He has concocted some of the most idiotic assassination scenarios I've ever heard and you people quote this genius? Again, it's embarrassing. Holland and Posner should start a detective agency together...

Again, I have to beg all of you: DON'T EAT THE CHEESE! IT'S A TRAP AND YOU ARE DECEIVING HISTORY! It is painfully obvious LHO was the patsy he claimed to be and it is an atrocity that you duped nutters continue to perpetuate the impossible notion of a lone assassin. The cockamamie story concocted by Specter needs to be filed in the only appropriate place for such malodorous waste: the toilet at the National Archives...

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2019, 04:21:37 PM »

Online Jerry Organ

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2019, 05:01:23 PM »
I think it's hilarious but tragic that people are still trying to "shoehorn" LHO into that window with malicious intent. There are a lot of potential assassins I'd be concerned about, but "Lee Hardly" is not one of them, especially with his unimpressive shooting record and that embarrassing rifle. Virtually every bit of evidence in this case has been tampered with or has a dubious chain of possession. Autopsy witnesses reported bullets and fragments recovered that were never introduced as evidence.

If there was a lone assassin, everything would line up perfectly and there would be no controversy. What we find is quite the opposite, with corrupt officials at the highest levels of our government covering up the truth from the outset.

You nutters are aware that Max Holland is a paid shill of the CIA, right? The guy is so oily, he makes me ill. He has concocted some of the most idiotic assassination scenarios I've ever heard and you people quote this genius? Again, it's embarrassing. Holland and Posner should start a detective agency together...

Again, I have to beg all of you: DON'T EAT THE CHEESE! IT'S A TRAP AND YOU ARE DECEIVING HISTORY! It is painfully obvious LHO was the patsy he claimed to be and it is an atrocity that you duped nutters continue to perpetuate the impossible notion of a lone assassin. The cockamamie story concocted by Specter needs to be filed in the only appropriate place for such malodorous waste: the toilet at the National Archives...

The Warren Commission critics' "3D" contribution is duly noted.