Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Is the Official Historian for MI5, Christopher Andrew, a Ruskie Agent?  (Read 4372 times)

Offline Thomas Graves

Advertisement
https://quadrant.org.au/magazine/2010/04/christopher-andrew-and-the-strange-case-of-roger-hollis/

One might certainly think so, especially after reading the excellent article, above, and taking into consideration the fact that Andrew still claims Yuri Nosenko was a true defector.

Which casts equally serious shadows of "paranoiac suspicion" over oh-so-helpful "true defectors" Oleg Kalugin, Vasili Mitrokhin, and Oleg Gordievsky.

Hmm, maybe there is something to Golitsyn's and Angleton's "Monster Plot," after all.

After all?  Well ... KGB-boy Vladimir Putin did install pro-Kremlin "useful idiot" Donald Trump as our president on January 20, 2017 ...

-- MWT  ;)

PS  It's important to remember what James Jesus Angleton said during his 1976 Church Committee testimony -- "A double agent will tell you unimportant true things 98% of the time. It's the important lies he tells you 2% of the time that really messes you up, boy."

Or words to that effect.
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.html?docId=1434&relPageId=53&search=98_percent

*After 98 years of "KGB" active measures counterintelligence operations, artfully interwoven with 60 years of "KGB" strategic deception counterintelligence operations.

The latter of which began in 1959 with the KGB's brand-new and super-secret Department 14 of the Second Chief Directorate's dispatching triple-agent GRU colonel Dimitri Polyakov to the U.S.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 04:07:38 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Thomas Graves

In my previous post, you will have noticed that former MI5 officer Peter Wright (who, in 1961, unwittingly betrayed true defector-to-British-and-American-intelligence, Oleg Penkovsky, to
KGB "mole" Hollis when he, under pressure from Hollis, broke MI5's rules and divulged Penkovsky's name to Hollis just two weeks after Penkovsky had been recruited) wrote a book in the 1980s in which he laid out his suspicions about Hollis' loyalty.

Well, here's Christopher Andrew's disingenious 1987 review of that book, Spycatcher, in the New York Times.

https://www.nytimes.com/1987/08/16/books/unshakable-faith-in-treachery.html

-- MWT  ;)

PS  "The perfidious French" (spoken sarcastically by Andrew)?

Has he never heard of the 1962 Martell Affair, which revealed that KGB moles in French intelligence and government were trying to acquire information about America's nuclear missiles to give to their masters in the Kremlin?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martel_affair

« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 06:15:07 PM by Thomas Graves »

Offline Thomas Graves

Imho, Christopher Andrew is either a "KGB" mole, or, like James "Jumbo Duh" DiEugenio at the JFK Assassination Debate-Education Forum and Jefferson "Intellectually Dishonest" Morley, for some strange reason just doesn't "get" it.

To wit: KGB agent Hollis did squeal to his Kremlin masters about Penkovsky.

The reason KGB allowed Penkovsky to continue spying against the Kremlin for a year, before secretly arresting and "tripling" him back against the West, was simply to give the KGB enough time to concoct and set-in-place a scenario under which he could be publically arrested in such a was as to make it look as though he'd been uncovered by "superior KGB surveillance" rather than by a very highly placed mole in British intelligence -- Roger Hollis, head of MI5.

https://www.tandfonline.com/doi/full/10.1080/08850607.2014.962362

-- MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 05:29:54 AM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Michael Clark

Re: Is the Official Historian for MI5, Christopher Andrew, a Ruskie Agent?
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2019, 12:06:29 AM »
Interesting

https://www.archives.gov/files/research/jfk/releases/docid-32359254.pdf

TOP SECRET

13 October 1970

MEMORANDUM FOR THE RECORD

Subject: BAGELY, Tennant, Harrington

#386 38

1) On Wednesday, 7 October 1970 I briefed Colonel L. K. White, Executive  Director-Controller on certain reservations I have concerning the proposed promotion of subject to a supergrade position.

2)  I was very careful to explain to Colonel White at the outset that my reservations had nothing whatsoever to do with Bagely's security status. I explained that it was my conviction that Bagely was almost exclusively responsible for the manner in which the Nosenko case had been handled by our SR division. I said I considered that Bagely lacked objectivity and that he had displayed extremely poor judgment over a two year period in the handling of this case. Specifically as one example of Bagely's extreme prejudice I pointed out that the SR division had neglected to follow up several leads provided by Nosenko which subsequently had been followed up by this office (Bruce Solie) and that this lead us to individuals who have confessed their recruitment and use by the Soviets over an extensive period of time.

3)  I explained further that Bagely displayed extremely poor judgment in the actions he took during that time that  Nosenko was incarcerated at ISOLATION. On many occasions, as the individual responsible for Nosenko's care, I refuse to condone Bagely's  instructions to my people who are guarding him. In one instance Bagely insisted that  Nosenko's food ration be reduced to black bread and water three times daily. After I had briefed Colonel White, he indicated that he would refresh the Director's memory on Bagely's role in the Nosenko case at the time he reviews supergrade promotions. 

Howard J. Osborn

Director of Security
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 02:45:19 AM by Michael Clark »

Offline Thomas Graves

JFK Assassination Forum

Re: Is the Official Historian for MI5, Christopher Andrew, a Ruskie Agent?
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2019, 12:59:36 AM »