Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Question regarding autopsy photographs  (Read 2198 times)

Offline Chris Register

Question regarding autopsy photographs
« on: June 24, 2019, 04:50:50 PM »
Advertisement
I have been a member of this forum for quite some time and interested in the JFK murder since the late '60s, but this is my first post. I was curious, has anyone has seen the negatives of the autopsy photographs? I seem to remember from Best Evidence that the autopsy images made their way into the public sphere when Roy Kellerman gave James Fox the pictures and said "make a set of these for yourself, they'll be valuable one day"(or something to that effect). It didn't say whether what he gave to Fox was prints or negatives. There seems to be a lot of talk of the autopsy pictures being fakes etc. Has anyone compared the negatives to the prints if both are available? Being pre-digital, any retouching on the negative would be obvious, or if the prints were retouched and rephotographed, the negatives should show the discrepancy with the print. If only prints exist, It seems there is no way they should be trusted because they would be too easy to retouch.

JFK Assassination Forum

Question regarding autopsy photographs
« on: June 24, 2019, 04:50:50 PM »

Offline Tim Nickerson

Re: Question regarding autopsy photographs
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2019, 05:24:46 PM »
I have been a member of this forum for quite some time and interested in the JFK murder since the late '60s, but this is my first post. I was curious, has anyone has seen the negatives of the autopsy photographs? I seem to remember from Best Evidence that the autopsy images made their way into the public sphere when Roy Kellerman gave James Fox the pictures and said "make a set of these for yourself, they'll be valuable one day"(or something to that effect). It didn't say whether what he gave to Fox was prints or negatives. There seems to be a lot of talk of the autopsy pictures being fakes etc. Has anyone compared the negatives to the prints if both are available? Being pre-digital, any retouching on the negative would be obvious, or if the prints were retouched and rephotographed, the negatives should show the discrepancy with the print. If only prints exist, It seems there is no way they should be trusted because they would be too easy to retouch.

https://aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/hsca/reportvols/vol6/html/HSCA_Vol6_0116a.htm

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 07:59:07 PM »
Whether the leaked Fox prints are the same thing (or a subset) of what the HSCA examined is anyone's guess.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2019, 07:59:07 PM »