Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Autopsy Photos and X-rays  (Read 10953 times)

Offline Gary Craig

Re: Autopsy Photos and X-rays
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 06:02:22 PM »
Advertisement
What's the point of all this? The scalp was reflected but not to the level of the EOP. Finck claims to have seen the opening on the exterior of the skull, which simply means the scalp was reflected to show the "cowlick" in-shoot. Doesn't say the scalp reflection exposed the EOP and that they visually associated the in-shoot with a direct observation of the EOP. Humes used palpation to find a bump below the scalp he mistook for the "EOP". The photographs and X-rays revealed the mistake.

All 3 autopsy doctors said the wound was at the EOP not in the cowlick.
Humes said they examined the wound closely, measured it and had photos taken of it.

The Clark Panel was created in response to criticism of the WCR.
One criticism was a EOP entrance wound in JFK's skull doesn't work with a shooter firing from the 6th floor SE corner TSBD.
The Panel moved the wound 4 inches to the cowlick. A spot that works with a 6th floor shooter.
The photos the autopsy doctors had taken showing the location of the wound at the EOP disappeared from the archives.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2019, 06:02:22 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2019, 07:16:29 PM »
All 3 autopsy doctors said the wound was at the EOP not in the cowlick.
Humes said they examined the wound closely, measured it and had photos taken of it.

The report says the wound was "slightly above" the EOP, which seems to me consistent with palpation and making an unmeasured guess. The only measurement actually made is lateral from the mid-line. The area of the occipital bone above the EOP has no external mid-line. There is, however, a mid-line (or suture line) laterally over from the "cowlick" wound. The Clark Panel determined from autopsy materials authenticated by the Bethesda autopsy doctors that the in-shoot was significantly higher than the EOP.

The Clark Panel was created in response to criticism of the WCR.

I think Humes urged a review.** Possibly Finck and Boswell told Humes than he had make a serious palpation error and that they would sign-off on the "Military Review" if Humes consented to a new review.

One criticism was a EOP entrance wound in JFK's skull doesn't work with a shooter firing from the 6th floor SE corner TSBD.

Doesn't Larry Strudivan think the bullet entered the skull near the EOP per Humes' location? I'm pretty sure he's able to make it work with a SN shot.

The Panel moved the wound 4 inches to the cowlick. A spot that works with a 6th floor shooter.

By "moved" do you mean the autopsy materials the "Military Review" and the Clark Panel saw were fabricated?

The photos the autopsy doctors had taken showing the location of the wound at the EOP disappeared from the archives.

The "Military Review" says no materials are missing. They therefore took a picture of the scalp in-shoot only. After the scalp was reflected and the brain removed, they took one view of the interior of the cranium. The skull was severely fractured and I don't think they could just keep reflecting the rear of the scalp to the EOP without pieces falling off.

I wonder why Humes et al keep referencing the bullet entered the skull from behind and somewhat above? I think they may have been comparing the skull in-shoot level with the gaping wound. An entry at the EOP level doesn't work as well as one higher. An angle between an EOP level entry wound to the gaping wound level would best be described as from behind and BELOW.

** It was actually Boswell who wrote the letter to the Justice Dept. urging a review. It was dated January 26, 1968, a full year after the "Military Review".
That 1967 three-pathologist "Military Review" was done at the request of the Justice Dept.

"The undersigned physicians have been requested by the Department of Justice to examine
     the x-rays and photographs for the purpose of determining whether they are consistent
     with the autopsy report."

Concerning his 1968 letter, Boswell claimed to the JFK Assassination Records Review Board:

"I was asked by ... one of the attorneys for the Justice Department that I write them
     a letter and request a civilian group be appointed by the Justice Department, I believe,
     or the President or somebody. And I did write a letter to him, Carl Eardley."

That seems strange since the "Military Review" came about as a direct request from Justice.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 01:31:19 AM by Jerry Organ »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2019, 07:36:39 PM »
The report says the wound was "slightly above" the EOP, which seems to me consistent with palpation and making an unmeasured guess. The only measurement actually made is lateral from the mid-line. The area of the occipital bone above the EOP has no external mid-line. There is, however, a mid-line (or suture line) laterally over from the "cowlick" wound. The Clark Panel determined from autopsy materials authenticated by the Bethesda autopsy doctors that the in-shoot was significantly higher than the EOP.

I think Humes urged a review. Possibly Finck and Boswell told Humes than he had make a serious palpation error and that they would sign-off on the "Military Review" if Humes consented to a new review.

Doesn't Larry Strudivan think the bullet entered the skull near the EOP per Humes' location? I'm pretty sure he's able to make it work with a SN shot.

By "moved" do you mean the autopsy materials the "Military Review" and the Clark Panel saw were fabricated?

The "Military Review" says no materials are missing. They therefore took a picture of the scalp in-shoot only. After the scalp was reflected and the brain removed, they took one view of the interior of the cranium. The skull was severely fractured and I don't think they could just keep reflecting the rear of the scalp to the EOP without pieces falling off.

I wonder why Humes et al keep referencing the bullet entered the skull from behind and somewhat above? I think they may have been comparing the skull in-shoot level with the gaping wound. An entry at the EOP level doesn't work as well as one higher. An angle between an EOP level entry wound to the gaping wound level would best be described as from behind and BELOW.

"The Clark Panel determined from autopsy materials authenticated by the Bethesda autopsy doctors that the in-shoot was significantly higher than the EOP."

The Clark Panel moved the wound 4 inches! 

All three autopsy doctors, who held JFK's skull in their hands, stuck by the EOP location until their deaths.

Where are the photo's?

Do you believe they didn't document the fatal wound's location with photo's?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2019, 07:36:39 PM »

Online Louis Earl

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2019, 09:10:27 PM »
The famous "Brylcreem" photo of the intact back of the head was contradicted by everyone who saw the back of the head in Dallas. 

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2019, 11:39:15 PM »
The famous "Brylcreem" photo of the intact back of the head was contradicted by everyone who saw the back of the head in Dallas.

Well actually there were at least two photos of the back of the Presidents head. When two of these stereoscopic photos are combined we see every pixel, skin crease, blemishes, individual hairs and general head shape is correctly depth mapped across both images meaning that both photos were taken of JFK's authenticated head and both show only a single bullet entrance wound.

And as for Dallas eyewitnesses, the very first eyewitnesses to be interviewed only hours later on TV all describe the same damage as seen in the Zapruder film, X Rays, Autopsy photos, etc etc..

JohnM
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 12:17:24 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2019, 11:39:15 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2019, 01:40:46 AM »
Well actually there were at least two photos of the back of the Presidents head. When two of these stereoscopic photos are combined we see every pixel, skin crease, blemishes, individual hairs and general head shape is correctly depth mapped across both images meaning that both photos were taken of JFK's authenticated head and both show only a single bullet entrance wound.

And as for Dallas eyewitnesses, the very first eyewitnesses to be interviewed only hours later on TV all describe the same damage as seen in the Zapruder film, X Rays, Autopsy photos, etc etc..

JohnM

Correction: What you should say is, "both photos were taken of................" the SAME HEAD.   

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2019, 02:50:05 AM »
         Correction: What you should say is, "both photos were taken of................" the SAME HEAD.

No, it's always Kennedy. The HSCA did an extensive study on the authenticity of the Autopsy Photos and here is a few examples of their proof;

First of all they measured all the individual facial parts and by using photogrammetric rules they calculated the positions and distances between skin blemishes, creases, ears, eyes, neck, mouth, nose, chin etc.

For instance here's Kennedy's neck creases which line up from front to back.

And we also can see a random mark on Kennedy's back which is repeated in the top down photo.

When the entire set of autopsy photos is examined as a whole, like a jigsaw puzzle each photo has links in other photos.

Btw isn't getting some other guy and performing plastic surgery on him, then blowing his brains out a little extreme?

JohnM
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 02:52:29 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2019, 02:50:05 AM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2019, 01:01:00 PM »

When the entire set of autopsy photos is examined as a whole, like a jigsaw puzzle each photo has links in other photos.

JohnM

But according to the people who took the photos, we haven't seen the entire set.