Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Frazier's rifle length estimate.  (Read 14111 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Frazier's rifle length estimate.
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2019, 05:44:20 AM »
Advertisement
It's entirely plausible that Frazier gave misleading testimony about the length of the package in order to avoid any legal repercussions for giving Oswald a ride to work on 11/22/63.

It's also plausible that he has always told the truth, which is, the package wasn't long enough to hold even a dis-assembled rifle.

Because Frazier has been one of the most consistent witnesses, I tend to believe he is telling the truth...

The smart move would be to stretch the truth (or rather shrink it in this case)
With the notorious Henry Wade circling overhead... along with a raised fist from Fritz (?), fck'em right? But give them their due... after all Buell drove the accused killer to work, FFS

Little sis seemed to change the package 'that almost touched the ground' to something of a size considerably shorter; I did my own tests with a 34+ size and found it came 3-4" from the ground; I'm 6' feet tall, so when subtracting 3" to match Oswald's height the package would be skimming the grass.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 08:24:05 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2019, 05:44:20 AM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2019, 09:37:35 AM »

Little sis seemed to change the package 'that almost touched the ground' to something of a size considerably shorter; I did my own tests with a 34+ size and found it came 3-4" from the ground; I'm 6' feet tall, so when subtracting 3" to match Oswald's height the package would be skimming the grass.

No she didn't change anything.
In her W.C. statement She said
"He was carrying a package in a sort of a heavy brown bag, heavier than a grocery bag it looked to me. It was about, if I might measure, about this long, I suppose, and he carried it in his right hand, had the top sort of folded down and had a grip like this, and the bottom, he carried it this way, you know, and it almost touched the ground as he carried it. "

Being the same height  as Oswald (5'9"), I tried it with a tape measure locked at 27". Holding the top of the tape, the bottom was nowhere near skimming the grass.

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2019, 08:05:30 PM »
No she didn't change anything.
In her W.C. statement She said
"He was carrying a package in a sort of a heavy brown bag, heavier than a grocery bag it looked to me. It was about, if I might measure, about this long, I suppose, and he carried it in his right hand, had the top sort of folded down and had a grip like this, and the bottom, he carried it this way, you know, and it almost touched the ground as he carried it. "

Being the same height  as Oswald (5'9"), I tried it with a tape measure locked at 27". Holding the top of the tape, the bottom was nowhere near skimming the grass.

You are not using the 34.8" broken-down rifle size, the size I'm talking about. Be fair, Ray... she said the package was almost touching the ground. You have to work from that.

I agree that the 27" she described later does not come anywhere near 'touching the ground' In fact, in my tests that 27" size came about 10" from the ground (=Oswald 7"). Add the remaining 7.8" from the 34.8" leaves the package skimming the ground/grass.

You need to use a weightier object. Carry it with a straight-down arm at your side; a likely profile if one was trying to minimize said profile.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2019, 08:16:45 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2019, 08:05:30 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2019, 02:52:23 PM »
"Nobody reported Oswald saying that he carried no long bag.  That's "Richard" misinformation."  - John I.

"He said he had a cheese sandwich and some fruit and that was the only package he had brought with him to work and denied that he had brought the long package described by Mr. Frazier and his sister."  Report of Capt. J. W. Fritz, Dallas Police Department.

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2019, 09:26:15 AM »
That there is no evidence whatsoever that either the bag that Frazier saw or the CE142 bag ever contained the C2766 rifle or any other rifle.

Who's calling Randle a conspirator or even a liar?  It's either possible to see a car through that wall or it isn't.  We only have one photo from Randle's position.  Do you see the car?  Do you see the back door of the car?  Do you even see "Mytton's" "specular highlights"?

Why are you assuming that the car was present on the other side in the "photo from Randle's position"?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #76 on: July 09, 2019, 09:26:15 AM »

Offline Bill Brown

« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2019, 09:28:40 AM »
I'm not sure what you think a moving film taken from a different vantage point proves about what Randle could see.

I'm sorry, but that's just stupid.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2019, 06:46:11 PM »
"Nobody reported Oswald saying that he carried no long bag.  That's "Richard" misinformation."  - John I.

"He said he had a cheese sandwich and some fruit and that was the only package he had brought with him to work and denied that he had brought the long package described by Mr. Frazier and his sister."  Report of Capt. J. W. Fritz, Dallas Police Department.

Like I said, "Richard" misinformation.  "Richard" transforms "the long package described by Mr. Frazier and his sister" into "any long bag".

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2019, 06:46:11 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #79 on: July 09, 2019, 06:49:41 PM »
Why are you assuming that the car was present on the other side in the "photo from Randle's position"?

Because it's there in CE 447.