Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Frazier's rifle length estimate.  (Read 14104 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: Frazier's rifle length estimate.
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2019, 10:01:08 AM »
Advertisement

1) Oswald, conveniently, places the bag in the car with Buell still inside the residence.

Exactly!

If you're just carrying sandwiches, wouldn't you simply just wait for Frazier while holding your sandwiches, I mean they really aren't that heavy but if your package contains a rifle then I reckon that you would want to conceal it as quickly as possible.
If you're just carrying your sandwiches why would you even put your sandwiches on the back seat of Frazier's car, it doesn't make sense, so obviously that's why Oswald told his interrogators that he carried his sandwiches on his lap which unfortunately is completely contradicted by two eyewitnesses.

And besides all that it's just rude, it's not as if Oswald had any special rights to Frazier's car, Oswald didn't offer to buy gasolene and even when Frazier was giving a big hint and specifically went to the service station with Oswald in the car, Oswald still didn't offer his mate a buck or two. What a nice guy!

Mr. BALL - Did he pay for any part of the trip, buy your gasoline?
Mr. FRAZIER - No, sir; he didn't.

Mr. BALL - Did you ever stop on the way home on Friday night and buy anything?
Mr. FRAZIER - No, sir; stopped one time and bought some gas, I remember.
Mr. BALL - Did he pay for it?
Mr. BALL - Did he offer to?

JohnM
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 10:06:25 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2019, 10:01:08 AM »

Offline Jorn Frending

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2019, 02:05:56 PM »
Exactly!

If you're just carrying sandwiches, wouldn't you simply just wait for Frazier while holding your sandwiches, I mean they really aren't that heavy but if your package contains a rifle then I reckon that you would want to conceal it as quickly as possible.
If you're just carrying your sandwiches why would you even put your sandwiches on the back seat of Frazier's car, it doesn't make sense, so obviously that's why Oswald told his interrogators that he carried his sandwiches on his lap which unfortunately is completely contradicted by two eyewitnesses.

And besides all that it's just rude, it's not as if Oswald had any special rights to Frazier's car, Oswald didn't offer to buy gasolene and even when Frazier was giving a big hint and specifically went to the service station with Oswald in the car, Oswald still didn't offer his mate a buck or two. What a nice guy!

Mr. BALL - Did he pay for any part of the trip, buy your gasoline?

Mr. BALL - Did you ever stop on the way home on Friday night and buy anything?
Mr. FRAZIER - No, sir; stopped one time and bought some gas, I remember.
Mr. BALL - Did he pay for it?
Mr. BALL - Did he offer to?

JohnM

Interesting observation indeed, and deserves our attention ...

It may mean something or it may not, Oswald may bring something different than his lunch bag to the TSBD, however ...

Getting it anywhere near the size of a riffle is another story ...

In any case, for CT's who have adopted to "the new CT line of investigation" as described in this other thread, this does not actually constitute a problem ...

"The number one CT nightmare question ..."

(Don't know yet how to link it   :) )

« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 02:21:45 PM by Jorn Frending »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2019, 02:31:11 PM »
Not so fast:

1) Oswald, conveniently, places the bag in the car with Buell still inside the residence.
2) Oswald gets the bag out of the car—while Buell guns the engine—and walks a distance away.
3) Buell leaves the vehicle, and Oswald promptly marches off, alone, towards his destiny.
4) Buell holds up the quickly-widening rear, lagging behind while trainspotting.

Buell had no reason to listen for any damn sounds from the bag.
Oswald was obviously trying like hell to conceal the full size of the bag.

"1) Oswald, conveniently, places the bag in the car with Buell still inside the residence."

:D

Randle used her xray vision to see him do it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2019, 02:31:11 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2019, 03:33:34 PM »
"1) Oswald, conveniently, places the bag in the car with Buell still inside the residence."

:D

Randle used her xray vision to see him do it.

Seriously?

In the photo from Randles position from inside the garage we can easily see the specular highlights of the car beyond, the wall isn't solid but is made up of slats. The Commission exhibit that is posted is no better than a photocopy, was taken at a different time of day with what looks like a flash and even if we had a pristine original the contrast range of a camera photo is nowhere near that of the human eye.

As the camera which is level with the car bonnet approaches Frazier's car we can see through the slats that are below the horizontal plane of the camera and we know that Randle was looking down on the roof of the car in the garage so she would have a clear view of Frazier's car.

Like the slatted wall, the same principle can be observed with venetian blinds. In these more modern images the outside objects can be clearly made out and with the evidence we have, Randle's view would be similar.

Frazier reinforces his sister's testimony because he sees the package on the back seat of his car, SlaM DunK!

Mr. BALL - All right. When you got in the car did you say anything to him or did he say anything to you?
Mr. FRAZIER - Let's see, when I got in the car I have a kind of habit of glancing over my shoulder and so at that time I noticed there was a package laying on the back seat, I didn't pay too much attention and I said, "What's the package, Lee?"
And he said, "Curtain rods," and I said, "Oh, yes, you told me you was going to bring some today."
That is the reason, the main reason he was going over there that Thursday afternoon when he was to bring back some curtain rods, so I didn't think any more about it when he told me that.

JohnM
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 03:48:40 PM by John Mytton »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2019, 07:38:54 PM »
"specular highlights"

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2019, 07:38:54 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2019, 10:43:43 PM »
"specular highlights"

Thanks for bumping this thread, I saw Gary Craig looking but obviously he couldn't find the appropriate emoticon.

Seriously?

In the photo from Randles position from inside the garage we can easily see the specular highlights of the car beyond, the wall isn't solid but is made up of slats. The Commission exhibit that is posted is no better than a photocopy, was taken at a different time of day with what looks like a flash and even if we had a pristine original the contrast range of a camera photo is nowhere near that of the human eye.

As the camera which is level with the car bonnet approaches Frazier's car we can see through the slats that are below the horizontal plane of the camera and we know that Randle was looking down on the roof of the car in the garage so she would have a clear view of Frazier's car.

Like the slatted wall, the same principle can be observed with venetian blinds. In these more modern images the outside objects can be clearly made out and with the evidence we have, Randle's view would be similar.

Frazier reinforces his sister's testimony because he sees the package on the back seat of his car, SlaM DunK!

Mr. BALL - All right. When you got in the car did you say anything to him or did he say anything to you?
Mr. FRAZIER - Let's see, when I got in the car I have a kind of habit of glancing over my shoulder and so at that time I noticed there was a package laying on the back seat, I didn't pay too much attention and I said, "What's the package, Lee?"
And he said, "Curtain rods," and I said, "Oh, yes, you told me you was going to bring some today."
That is the reason, the main reason he was going over there that Thursday afternoon when he was to bring back some curtain rods, so I didn't think any more about it when he told me that.

JohnM

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2019, 11:39:00 PM »

Can anyone even see a car on the other side of this wall, much less whether somebody is opening a back door on the opposite side of the car?

"specular highlights".  LOL.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2019, 11:39:00 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2019, 01:39:34 AM »

Can anyone even see a car on the other side of this wall, much less whether somebody is opening a back door on the opposite side of the car?

"specular highlights".  LOL.

What's to argue, even in your horrible photocopy quality photo we can see through the slats.

It's not a solid wall, it has big holes in it!

JohnM

« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 08:22:06 AM by John Mytton »