Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: He's Getting Better, But There Are Still A Few Problems On Roberdeau's 2012 Map  (Read 7418 times)

Offline Thomas Graves

Advertisement
Although Don finally got the three gals by the Stemmons sign in the Zapruder film (Stella Mae Jacob, Gloria Holt, and Sharon Simmons) correctly labeled about a year ago, and although he's had Inez Juanita Hart Dishong (aka June Dishong) correctly placed for a long time, due to the fact that he still doesn't have the four "shoulder-to-shoulder" headscarf-wearing gals (from left to right: Karen Westbrook, Carol Reed, Karan Hicks, Gloria Calvery) right, and his apparently not realizing that June Dishong came to the north side of Elm Street with an unnamed Higginbotham-Bailey Company colleague, he has mistakenly put Karen Westbrook in that unnamed person's place (to the immediate left of Dishong) on his "new" map.

As for Don's misplacement of Peggy Burney, Betty Thornton and Jane Berry, and his mis-juggling of Jane (not Gayle) Newman from his old map (where she was correctly placed, to the immediate right of Ernest Brandt) to her bogus new spot, don't even get me started ...

LOL

-- MWT  ;)

PS  That's Dishong wearing the darkish (reddish) blouse and the dark-colored skirt in this Cabluck photo, and her unnamed colleague next to her wearing the light-colored full-length dress. 

And, fwiw, that's Gloria Holt behind white-skirt and dark-jacket-wearing Stella Mae Jacob to their left.  (I don't know where Jacob's and Holt's colleague, Sharron Simmons, is at this particular point in time.)

https://www.jfkassassinationgallery.com/displayimage.php?album=39&pos=1

Excerpts from Dishong's writing about the assassination, in which she very discretely appears to be protecting the identity of her colleague:

12:00 He (JFK) is late getting downtown. We have time to eat lunch and get out in front.

12:15 Better put on my jacket
it might be chilly although
the sun is shining bright.
We go down the elevator at the
back of the building and across
the corner down the sidewalk
in front of the Texas book
depository and about 30
feet beyond the corner.
The sun is warm. I’ll take
off my jacket -- we might have
quite a wait for the president’s car.

(emphasis added)

« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 02:34:51 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Charles Collins

Do you believe that the elevations shown for the sidewalk elevation (429.5') near the point at Elm Street and Elm Street Extension,  and the elevation (490.9') of the sniper's nest window ledge are correct?

Offline Thomas Graves

Do you believe that the elevations shown for the sidewalk elevation (429.5') near the point at Elm Street and Elm Street Extension,  and the elevation (490.9') of the sniper's nest window ledge are correct?

Dear Charles,

I wouldn't have a clue.

You?

-- MWT  ;)
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 01:12:34 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Charles Collins

Dear Charles,

I wouldn't have a clue.

You?

-- MWT  ;)

Thanks, I really don't know either. Just thought you might.

Offline Jerry Organ

That would make the window ledge about 61.4' above the top surface of the curb where 429.5' is (that surface would be level or near-level with the surface of the sidewalk adjoining the Depository). The height of 61.4' is very close to 60.7' in CE 1437.

I don't know if "street level" in CE 1437 means from the surface of the sidewalk adjoining the building or from the surface of the roadway. Just to complicate things further, one critic claims the window ledge height was 55'.

About three weeks ago, I began rebuilding the Depository's SE corner in SketchUp. Though a work in progress, it currently has the top of the window ledge 61' 4" above the sidewalk, which I think is workable.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Charles Collins

That would make the window ledge about 61.4' above the top surface of the curb where 429.5' is (that surface would be level or near-level with the surface of the sidewalk adjoining the Depository). The height of 61.4' is very close to 60.7' in CE 1437.

I don't know if "street level" in CE 1437 means from the surface of the sidewalk adjoining the building or from the surface of the roadway. Just to complicate things further, one critic claims the window ledge height was 55'.

About three weeks ago, I began rebuilding the Depository's SE corner in SketchUp. Though a work in progress, it currently has the top of the window ledge 61' 4" above the sidewalk, which I think is workable.

Thanks. If you do the arithmetic using the numbers on Roberdeau's map, it is 61.4' difference. So it appears they pretty much agree with CE 1437.

Offline Jerry Organ

This drawing says the window ledge height of 60.7' was from the sidewalk (a earlier version ( Link ) says 61'). To me, this indicates it wasn't from the Elm Street roadbed, which is lower (six inches?) than the top surface of the sidewalk. CE 1437 has the same height but refers to "window sill" (not "window ledge").

There is a masonry window ledge whose outer lip is a few inches or so below the bottom of the window opening. A strict definition of "window sill" is the structure that the window frame rests on (label "1" below).

It's possible they measured to the opening on the sixth-floor as if the wooden frame wasn't there.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Charles Collins

Has anyone been able to positively identify Worrell’s position from a photo or film on a map? He testified that he was right under the sniper’s nest window on the sidewalk on the same side of Elm Street as the TSBD. That is where Roberdeau's map shows him also. But has this been confirmed by photographic evidence?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 06:55:39 PM by Charles Collins »