Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: CT's, in court how would you defend Oswald?  (Read 101453 times)

Offline Colin Crow

Re: CT's, in court how would you defend Oswald?
« Reply #136 on: July 03, 2019, 10:59:13 AM »
Advertisement
Good discussion John and Colin. Together you've opened up an area that has bothered me for a long time. I think you are both on to a real possibility. It might be too early to ask seeing as it's being fleshed out at the moment but at some point the question of why BRW didn't speak up once he knew Oswald was in custody. An obvious possibility is that he didn't want to be known as the guy who could have averted the assassination if only he had drawn attention to the 6th floor by frantic waving and gesturing from the 5th.

Steve, I don’t believe Williams vacated the 6th floor because he saw someone with a rifle or was even threatened. However something made him vacate the SN, leaving his unfinished lunch behind, about 5 minutes before the assassination.

He was taken downtown an hour or so later to provide a statement. He knew the SN was of interest and while there saw Oswald in custody. He was specifically questioned about him. At that time would he have even known about his "commie" background. He had ample opportunity to identify him as the person who was there when he left and failed to do so. Instead he decided to deceive the authorities about his movements prior to the shooting. Interestingly, so did Jarman and Norman for some period of time. As I have stated previously, I think that the three had a conversation before Williams departed the TSBD that was designed to protect him.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #136 on: July 03, 2019, 10:59:13 AM »

Online Steve Howsley

« Reply #137 on: July 03, 2019, 01:13:27 PM »
Steve, I don’t believe Williams vacated the 6th floor because he saw someone with a rifle or was even threatened. However something made him vacate the SN, leaving his unfinished lunch behind, about 5 minutes before the assassination.

He was taken downtown an hour or so later to provide a statement. He knew the SN was of interest and while there saw Oswald in custody. He was specifically questioned about him. At that time would he have even known about his "commie" background. He had ample opportunity to identify him as the person who was there when he left and failed to do so. Instead he decided to deceive the authorities about his movements prior to the shooting. Interestingly, so did Jarman and Norman for some period of time. As I have stated previously, I think that the three had a conversation before Williams departed the TSBD that was designed to protect him.

Of course nothing can ever be proven about such interesting speculations but you must have a theory as to why these three men remained silent. Was it the natural fear of black men in the company of white law men or something more sinister?

Offline Walt Cakebread

« Reply #138 on: July 03, 2019, 01:19:41 PM »
Brennan's description which closely matched Oswald must have been the one broadcast on the Police radio about 15 minutes later.

VOLUNTARY STATEMENT. Not Under Arrest Form No. 86
SHERIFF'S DEPARTMENT
COUNTY OF DALLAS, TEXAS
Before me, the undersigned authority, on this the 22 day of November A.D. 1963 personally appeared Howard Leslie Brennan, Address 6814 Woodard, Dallas, Texas Age 44 , Phone No. EV 1-2713
Deposes and says:

I am presently employed by the Wallace and Beard Construction Company as a Steam fitter and have been so employed for about the past 7 weeks. I am working on a pipe line in the Katy Railroad yards at the West end of Pacific Street near the railroad tracks. We had knocked off for lunch and I had dinner at the cafeteria at Record and Main Street and had come back to see the President of the United States. I was sitting on a ledge or wall near the intersection of Houston Street and Elm Street near the red light pole. I was facing in a northerly direction looking across the street from where I was sitting. I take this building across the street to be about 7 stories anyway in the east endof [sic] the building and the second row of windows from the top I saw a man in this window. I had seen him before the President's car arrived. He was just sitting up there looking down apparently waiting for the same thing I was to see the President. I did not notice anything unusual about this man. He was a white man in his early 30's, slender, nice looking, slender and would weigh about 165 to 175 pounds. He had on light colored clothing but definately [sic] not a suit. I proceeded to watch the President's car as it turned left at the corner where I was and about 50 yards from the intersection of Elm and Houston and to a point I would say the President's back was in line with the last windows I have previously described I heard what I thought was a back fire. It run [sic] in my mind that it might be someone throwing firecrackers out the window of the red brick building and I looked up at the building. I then saw this man I have described in the window and he was taking aim with a high powered rifle. I could see all of the barrel of the gun. I do not know if it had a scope on it or not. I was looking at the man in this windows at the time of the last explosion. Then this man let the gun down to his side and stepped down out of sight. He did not seem to be in any hurry. I could see this man from about his belt up. There was nothing unusual about him at all in appearance. I believe that I could identify this man if I ever saw him again.

/s/ H. L. Brennan

/s/ C. M. Jones
Notary Public, Dallas County, Texas

===========================================================================================================================

Attention Elm and Houston is reported to be an unknown white male, all squads. Attention all squads. The suspect in the shooting at approximately thirty, slender build, height five feet ten inches, weight one hundred sixty-five pounds, reported to be armed with what is thought to be a 30 caliber rifle. Attention all squads. The suspect from Elm and Houston is reported to be an unknown white male about thirty, slender build, five feet ten inches tall, one hundred sixty-five pounds, armed with what is thought to be a 30-30 rifle. No further description at this time, or information. 12:45.

JohnM

He was a white man in his early 30's, slender, nice looking, slender and would weigh about 165 to 175 pounds. He had on light colored clothing but definately [sic] not a suit.

What did Lee Oswald weigh?    Was Lee Oswald wearing light colored clothing at the time JFK was murdered?    ( Brennan described the "light colored clothing" as Khaki with the trousers a shade lighter that the175 pound man's light colored khaki shirt.

I then saw this man I have described in the window and he was taking aim with a high powered rifle. I could see all of the barrel of the gun.

"A high powered rifle".....is synonymous with "hunting rifle" ...and Brennan speculated that it was possible a 30-30 Winchester .   Brennan could have seen "all of the barrel of a 30-30 Winchester while 90% of the barrel of a Carcano is covered by the wooden stock.

Then this man let the gun down to his side and stepped down out of sight.

Clearly Brennan is describing a man who was STANDING .....NOT crouching or kneeling behind a half open window.....Therefore,  Brennan is NOT describing the so called "sniper's nest" in the SE corner.

I believe that I could identify this man if I ever saw him again.

Brennan viewed a police line-up  a few hours after making this statement.....Lee Oswald was one of the men in that rigged line-up ( in which Lee was the ONLY man who came close to resembling the 175 pound man who was dressed in light colored clothing) and Howard Brennan told the police that he man he'd seen WAS NOT in that line-up.

one hundred sixty-five pounds, armed with what is thought to be a 30-30 rifle. No further description at this time, or information. 12:45.

Clearly ....Howard Brennan told the police that he thought the rifle was a 30-30 Winchester and he believed that it was a 30-30 because he could "SEE ALL OF THE BARREL OF THE RIFLE"

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #138 on: July 03, 2019, 01:19:41 PM »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #139 on: July 03, 2019, 02:34:27 PM »
How about, in an investigative report of an assassination resulting only in the gathering and presentation of circumstantial evidence, and a jury charged with determining guilt beyond a reasonable doubt, what was the rationale for "probably," why was no Klein's employee in a position to know and testify to the entirety of the items Klein's shipped to the Oswald rented P.O. Box? If defending Oswald at trial, I would also emphasize no source of an ammo purchase was identifed and the rifle allegedly found on the sixth floor was not the model described in the
magazine Ad and coupon presented by Klein's as the purchase order accompanying the postal money order.:
https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.

https://www.maryferrell.org/search...
1. Warren Commission Report, pg 555
Found in: Warren Commission Report
which bore the letters "SMI" (the manufacturer's markings) and the number "952" (possibly a part number or the manufacturer's code number) 24 The rifle probably
was sold without a clip;
however, the clip is commonly available25 Rifle Cartridge and Cartridge Cases When the rifle was found, one cartridge was in
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 02:48:56 PM by Tom Scully »

Offline Tom Scully

« Reply #140 on: July 03, 2019, 03:57:35 PM »
If I were the attorney organizing a defense strategy and equipped with resources for competent investigators and familiarity with Dallas
and NOLA, I would hope to learn things along these lines, leaning more than I would prefer on building reasonable doubt, it is this man's life hanging in the balance and all of us have an elevated duty to get this right, blah...

Chief Curry, does your department maintain a set policy on removing dead victims from obviously uncleared crime scenes, and
training techniques to confirm presence of vital signs of a suspected fatality, by your responding officers? Is policy communicated to
emergency response ambulance attendants? Is your policy written or oral and well distributed in the workplaces?

Captain Fritz, same as above, and can you or Chief Curry confirm you have the same crime scene security rules for murdered civilians as
well as for your officersl if not, how do the policies differ?

The two ambulance attendants who removed the body to hospital of officer Tippit from the scene of his shooting death were not called to
testify before the WC assistant counsels. I would have asked both to describe any training received from employer, police, or medical training
with regard to evaluating vital signs of unresponsive victims after arriving at an obviouse major crime scene. Had either received instruction not to remove a victim determined to be unable to fog a mirror, or to move the victim, except with authorization of the officer in charge?

I would have asked if either checked for or observed officer Tippit exhibiting any vital signs, and if not, did either consider waiting for police to
arrive before moving Tippit.

Mary Bledsoe, please describe your uncle Jewel R Germany's relationship with police character RD Matthew's aunt Adelaide who was
married to your uncle? Is it not a fact your Uncle Jewell's son, Jake is your first cousin as well as RD Matthew's first cousin? Are you personally
acquainted with RD Matthews, when you first met him, if you have? What was the history of your relationship after introductions? Has Matthews or anyone you know to be in contact with him attempted to engage you in discussion of your intention to testify here today, or at
anytime about this case.

Virginia Davis, please state your age. We obtained your birth record and it establishes you were 15 when you stated your age as 16 in your
statements to investogators late last year, and again today.

William Whaley, what is your date of birth?
« Last Edit: July 03, 2019, 03:58:27 PM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #140 on: July 03, 2019, 03:57:35 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #141 on: July 03, 2019, 05:51:25 PM »

Thanks Charles.  Does Brennan see this guy?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #142 on: July 03, 2019, 06:00:15 PM »
So that's it, you have a lying eyewitness who didn't seek fame or fortune and wasn't even alive when a book about him came out,

Nice spin.  He wrote the book.

a lying cop, more lying cops,

Cops lie.  Frequently.  Deal with it.

lying Whitehouse staff, likely planted evidence, still trying to separate 1 piece of evidence, lying ballistics experts

Huh?  Now you're just incoherently rambling.

and ignoring their actual tests with C2766 which proved that C2766 didn't deposit any nitrates on to faces,

And what was it about C2766 that made it different in this regard from the other Carcanos that Guinn tested?  Now we have a magic rifle to go along with the magic bullet and the magic partial palmprint.

first day evidence from Frazier said Oswald entered the building carrying his long package but too bad it wasn't the same door that Dougherty saw him come through DOH!

Frazier said to Tom Meros that Oswald was so far ahead of him by the time he entered the annex (not the building) that he couldn't tell whether he was still carrying the package or not.  So, the evidence that Oswald carried ANYTHING into the TSBD?  Big fat squat.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #142 on: July 03, 2019, 06:00:15 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #143 on: July 03, 2019, 06:05:01 PM »
Brennan's description which closely matched Oswald must have been the one broadcast on the Police radio about 15 minutes later.

And by "closely matched", "Mytton" means wrong weight, wrong age, wrong clothing, and no mention of age.