Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Sniper's nest ergonomics.  (Read 5026 times)

Offline Jerry Organ

Re: The Sniper's nest ergonomics.
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2019, 01:36:10 AM »
Advertisement
Box A ( Link )
Small box with edge
resting on window sill

(CE 641)

Box B ( Link )
Small box atop box C
(CE 653)

Box C ( Link )
Large box on-end
on floor by window
(CE 654)

Box D ( Link )
Large box upsidedown
on floor by east wall
(CE 648)

Warren Commission Hearings Vol. XVII ( Link ) Box B and C share the same page in the Hearings.

Correction!!

"Box A" is the box on top of "Box C". "Box B" is the carton on the window. The surface of Box A has the gouge on it; the same box with the gouge is seen on top of Box C in this Crime Lab photo.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 01:36:27 AM by Jerry Organ »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2019, 01:36:10 AM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2019, 05:34:21 PM »

Wondering what the object on the floor is. Seems like a light bulb or a stubby screwdriver.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 08:52:14 AM by Jerry Organ »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2019, 06:11:39 PM »

Wondering what the object on the floor is. Seems like a light bulb or a stubby screwdriver.

I believe that it is a flashbulb from one of the cameras that were up there at that time. They were one-time use bulbs and trash after they were used.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2019, 06:11:39 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2019, 07:15:50 PM »

I read somewhere that two light bulbs were turned off or missing in the corner

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2019, 09:12:15 PM »
This is still a work-in-progress, but here is a preview of the 3D mock-up of the sniper's nest that I am working on:

« Last Edit: July 02, 2019, 09:37:13 PM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2019, 09:12:15 PM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2019, 03:01:11 AM »
This is still a work-in-progress, but here is a preview of the 3D mock-up of the sniper's nest that I am working on:

Nice work, I look forward to see how this progresses. One thing I'd like to see is a recreation of the Powell Dillard photos and more proof that the boxes weren't moved. Also the outermost tip of the angled rolling reader box is definitive proof that the Police didn't mock up the rifle rest.

JohnM

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2019, 02:35:24 PM »
Nice work, I look forward to see how this progresses. One thing I'd like to see is a recreation of the Powell Dillard photos and more proof that the boxes weren't moved. Also the outermost tip of the angled rolling reader box is definitive proof that the Police didn't mock up the rifle rest.

JohnM

Thanks John, here are two views from my mock-up to compare with Powell's and Dillard's photos with:

I am not a photographic expert. However, it appears to me that Powell must have been very close to the corner of the county records building. The location on Roberdeau's map might be off a little, or I am looking at things wrong.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2019, 02:35:24 PM »

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2019, 02:17:06 AM »

In my now-revised model, I have the west pipe on the line that runs out from the edge of the masonry opening. This is based on a new method of photo-matching I am experimenting with. I have not received measurements from the Museum which will remove all doubt.

My distance from the masonry opening to the west east wall is 32". Yours is probably different based on how the model was built. Measurement for the east pipe go to the pipe, not the coupling on the floor.

In an earlier version of this, I incorrectly placed the line on the floor at a right angle to the floorboards.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2019, 08:56:32 AM by Jerry Organ »