Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Why Did Everyone But Oswald Know to Call the Best Defense Attorney in Dallas?  (Read 5300 times)

Offline Michael Clark

Advertisement
OTOH.....

....and Michael, I anticipate from reading your Ed Forum posts, you are reasonably considering the volume of uniform public statements
and testimony supporting those public statements (and contemporary press reports) you have to overcome to get to this.:

Thanks Tom. I am not wedded to it. I was just aware that I never had heard him say it in a video or on a recording. I am interested in whittling this edpisode down, however, to the best and closest accounts. I doesn’t make much sense to me that LHO would turn away assistance in favor of such a long shot. When you can’t trust the police or the newspapers, you have a lot of latitude in trying to explain swiftness with which the hammer came down on LHO, and the utter fear that took hold in Dallas in those days.

Thanks again.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Denis Pointing

Thanks Tom. I am not wedded to it. I was just aware that I never had heard him say it in a video or on a recording. I am interested in whittling this edpisode down, however, to the best and closest accounts. I doesn’t make much sense to me that LHO would turn away assistance in favor of such a long shot. When you can’t trust the police or the newspapers, you have a lot of latitude in trying to explain swiftness with which the hammer came down on LHO, and the utter fear that took hold in Dallas in those days.

Thanks again.

Hi Michael, there's really no doubt Oswald did turn down legal assistance in favour of waiting for Abt. Here's a link to the testimony of Louis Nicholes of The Dallas Bar Association; http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/nichol_h.htm
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 01:20:05 AM by Denis Pointing »

Offline Tom Scully

Thanks again.

That is what I thought. I apologize for stating the obvious, to you. The PM "movement" fascinates me because those attracted to it do
not seem to have a goal of actually settling the question definitively to the extent that is even possible in these times of competing alternate
universes talking past each other. The testimonial record supporting the conclusion no one at TSBD acquainted with Oswald observed him on
the steps in the proximity of Frazier, Lovelady, etc. cannot be CONVINCINGLY overcome. This is a reasonable conclusion of informed, reasonable
people. Other people actually expect image evidence will emerge to impeach the testimonial record, but in the next breath assert the BYP are
altered, unreliable. Practically speaking, we all have better things to do with our time.

Led out to transport out of the DPD basement, Oswald was evidently not close enough to be captured on camera requesting John Abt legal representation.
My next question is why all of the games? Hunt and fellow rightists were smarting from the radical reception JFK had received in Dallas. Why weren't these
highly resourceful anti-communist zealots of extreme wealth and influence not media savvy enough to sponsor Charles Tessmer as Oswald's criminal defense
attorney in the interests of regional publc relations and reputation, i.e., their own best interests?

Full article:http://jfk.hood.edu/......
Article excerpt:

https://archive.org/stream/nsia-ForemanPercyFBIRecordsDisclosed5-2-86/nsia-ForemanPercyFBIRecordsDisclosed5-2-86/Foreman%20Records%2044_djvu.txt
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA

V.

NELSON BUNKER HUNT
W. HERBERT HUNT
RALPH SHANK
CHARLES TESSMER
B. H. TIMMINS, JR.
EDWARD J. HUDSON
PERCY FOREMAN

1. From on or about January 16, 1970, to and until on
or about February 28, 1973, in the Northern District of Texas and
elsewhere, NELSON BUNKER HUNT, W. HERBERT HUNT, RALPH SHANK,

CHARLES TESSMER, B. H. TIMMINS, JR., EDWARD J. HUDSON, and PERCY'
FOREMAN did unlawfully, knowingly, and willfully combine, conspire,
confederate, and agree together and with each other to commit

t * ___

offenses against the United States; to wit, to obstruct justice
in violation of Title 18, United States Code, Section 1503, ….
NELSON HUNT FINED IN WIRETAP CASE - The New York Times
https://www.nytimes.com/1976/04/20/archives/nelson-hunt-fined-in-wiretap-case.html
Apr 20, 1976 - DALLAS, April 19 (AP) Nelson Bunker Hunt, son of the late billionaire H. L. Hunt, pleaded no contest today to a reduced charge in his wiretap coverup trial. All charges were dropped against Nelson's brother. W. Herbert Hunt.
Two other defendants, Charles Tessmer and B. H. Timmins, prominent Dallas lawyers, also pleaded no contest to reduced charges.
Nelson Hunt, Mr. Tessmer and Mr. Timmins were fined $1,000 each.
Government prosecutors dropped charges of obstruction of justice against all four men..
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 01:58:54 AM by Tom Scully »

JFK Assassination Forum