Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Jesus, and why I need an Astrophysicist a/o an Archaeo-Astronomer regarding Him.  (Read 21334 times)

Offline Thomas Graves

Advertisement
Hey, Tom.  Thx for responding.  I really don't know how the precession of the equinoxes could help or even hurt my theory.
Let alone, Hamlet's Mill.  The reason why I did present the clip was to show it is very possible the spring equinox could have
been March 25 after Augustus made his adjustments on the Julian Calendar.  If so, then just look at the simple math re the
11 minutes and 14 lag and go backwards from Pope Gregory's new version of keeping time set in 1582. 
1 day lost every 128 years or 129 years or 130 years.  Let alone the equation using 133 years.  Going backwards you would
get a first day of spring on March 23 at 46 AD, 34 AD or 22 AD.  There's no way the lag could have moved that much in such
a short time.  133 years would get you a March 22 day of spring at or around 119 AD.  Now factor in Pliny's observation
re the obelisk and how it hasn't showed the proper time for nearly 30 years.  If he made that observation around 59 AD
when he returned to Rome then that would line up with one of the traditional years of the Crucifixion.

Btw I'm not expecting an end of anything rather a new beginning.

Dan,

Have you read Hamlet's Mill?

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/hamlets_mill/hamletmill.htm

--  MWT  ;)

« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 08:04:58 PM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Dan DAlimonte

Dan,

Have you read Hamlet's Mill?

https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/hamlets_mill/hamletmill.htm

--  MWT  ;)

Hey, Tom.  No I never read,[ Hamlet's Mill, but after you posted it I did check out opinions on the book and most
were negative.  I will look into it though given it is based on myths which I always enjoyed.  Incidentally, if the
book was meant as some kind of support towards my theory ... it really wouldn't help me at all.  It isn't by accident that
the title of my thread requires an Astrophysicist a/o an Archaeo- Astronomer.  Preferably one who is a Christian or, at the
very least, one with an open mind.  Those types of people are only interested with academic support, if you will, 

Here's two Academic reasons that I wish to present  ... again.  And?  It will probably do no good anyway.

1.  The early Christians used to celebrate the first day of spring, March 25, in the Julian Calendar as being BOTH the day
of the Crucifixion and the day of the Resurrection.  Occam's Razor?  The simplest explanation?  They did this to lure Pagan
converts.  This was true as far as the early Church was concerned but the early Christians did not do this.  They were more
concerned with Christ's imminent return.  Now, if my theory was correct that would have happened.  Christ could have be
crucified on the first day of spring and if the earth was thus affected as I've been stating then .. the day of the Resurrection
would have been on the first day of spring.  No one takes that seriously.

2.  If I'm correct and the earth was thus affected by rotating upon it's axis but not revolving around the sun for His birth and
the three days He spent in the tomb then the Heel Stone at Stonehenge which was to mark the solstice should have
been four days off.  Please note Stonehenge is indeed a pre-Christian structure.  And?  It is four days off.  Occam's Razor?
Simplest explanation?  The Heel Stone sank over the centuries.  Btw ... it weighs around 35 tons and if it sank straight down
then nothing would have changed.  If it tilted forward or backwards, the solstice would still have happened.  So, it just happened
to tip slightly the wrong way.  Can an Archaeo- Astronomer tell me if this was a local sinking or could it have been global with
other Stonehenge like astronomical monuments with there own Heel Stones sinking.  Was any Heel Stones moved?  Was there
an eclipse that happened or didn't happen etc ...  And, I do mean etc ....

If I'm wrong then, I'm wrong but I would like to know one way or the other.     
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 10:42:38 PM by Dan DAlimonte »

Offline Thomas Graves

Hey, Tom.  No I never read,[ Hamlet's Mill, but after you posted it I did check out opinions on the book and most
were negative.  I will look into it though given it is based on myths which I always enjoyed.  Incidentally, if the
book was meant as some kind of support towards my theory ... it really wouldn't help me at all.  It isn't by accident that
the title of my thread requires an Astrophysicist a/o an Archaeo- Astronomer.  Preferably one who is a Christian or, at the
very least, one with an open mind.  Those types of people are only interested with academic support, if you will, 

Here's two Academic reasons that I wish to present  ... again.  And?  It will probably do no good anyway.

1.  The early Christians used to celebrate the first day of spring, March 25, in the Julian Calendar as being BOTH the day
of the Crucifixion and the day of the Resurrection.  Occam's Razor?  The simplest explanation?  They did this to lure Pagan
converts.  This was true as far as the early Church was concerned but the early Christians did not do this.  They were more
concerned with Christ's imminent return.  Now, if my theory was correct that would have happened.  Christ could have be
crucified on the first day of spring and if the earth was thus affected as I've been stating then .. the day of the Resurrection
would have been on the first day of spring.  No one takes that seriously.

2.  If I'm correct and the earth was thus affected by rotating upon it's axis but not revolving around the sun for His birth and
the three days He spent in the tomb then the Heel Stone at Stonehenge which was to mark the solstice should have
been four days off.  Please note Stonehenge is indeed a pre-Christian structure.  And?  It is four days off.  Occam's Razor?
Simplest explanation?  The Heel Stone sank over the centuries.  Btw ... it weighs around 35 tons and if it sank straight down
then nothing would have changed.  If it tilted forward or backwards, the solstice would still have happened.  So, it just happened
to tip slightly the wrong way.  Can an Archaeo- Astronomer tell me if this was a local sinking or could it have been global with
other Stonehenge like astronomical monuments with there own Heel Stones sinking.  Was any Heel Stones moved?  Was there
an eclipse that happened or didn't happen etc ...  And, I do mean etc ....

If I'm wrong then, I'm wrong but I would like to know one way or the other.   

Dan,

You did see the link to Hamlet's Mill I provided you, right?

--  MWT  ;)

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Dan DAlimonte

Hey Thomas ... yes I did see the link.  I've been reading commentaries on, Hamlet's Mill.
Really interesting, much of the precession of the equinoxes I have heard before.  The major cycle
every 26,000 years or so.  The myths throughout the world and what they had in common etc
Thanks.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2019, 01:19:55 AM by Dan DAlimonte »

Offline Dan DAlimonte

I really don't like bumping my own topic but in this instance  I will.

First of all, there are only 25 guests here now and three are on my last topic on page 4 and six on this page.
That is 9, so I do know there is a steady number of people who are interested in what i wrote.

1.  Just last Christmas you will note that the - quote unquote - Nativity Star - did take place.
This, as stated, originated from the Astronomer, Dr David Hughes from England.  I did and will explain again how his
theory supports my own conjectures should you be interested.  Just go back and see what I wrote how the passage
from the Bible which stated how the  - Star - stood still - over the place where the child lay could have been a historical observation.  That is ... if what I stated did take place.  Secondly, there is the following.

2  Way back in October I sent a letter to an Archaeo-astronomer in the States.  Now given the current pandemic
situation and how snail mail is really snail mail now ... did you get my letter and if so, would you please have a conversation with me.. i did direct you here if you are interested and also my email. 

Thank you and if he didn't receive my letter is there an Astrophysicist  or Archeao astronomer here
or if one of the Guests knows one who might be interested in investigating this.  Thanks.

JFK Assassination Forum