Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald’s notes in his guidebook for marines  (Read 10148 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: Oswald’s notes in his guidebook for marines
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2019, 05:30:38 AM »
Advertisement
Yeah but, as I understand it, most of the McMillan book is from interviews between herself and Marina. In which case Marina would be McMillan's source. That's what I meant when I said it's going to be hard to prove, only Marina can confirm or deny this and she's not exactly responsive to answering questions these days. Also, of course, Marina's 'word' is worth zilch to many, if not all CT's!

If Marina wanted to nail Oswald about his rifle use she could have said almost anything but all she says is that Oswald dry fired his rifle in the dark and once aimed out on the street, her story sounds plausible and doesn't really prove anything.

There was one sinister novelty in their lives. One evening at the end of August Marina returned from a twilight stroll with June and found Lee on their screened-in side porch, kneeling on one knee, aiming his rifle into the street and working the bolt—dry firing. It was the first time she had seen him playing with his carbine since they moved to New Orleans. She was horrified.    “What are you doing?” she demanded.    “Get the heck out of here,” he said. “Don’t talk to me. Get on about your own affairs.”    From then on she often heard him dry firing the rifle on the porch in the dark. He had fixed a lamp out there so that he could read in the evening, but he left it off when he was drilling with the rifle so the neighbors could not see him. Marina chided and even ridiculed him about it, but he was deadly serious: “If Fidel Castro needs defenders,” he told her, “I’m going to join an army of volunteers. I’m going to be a revolutionary.
RHVB

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2019, 05:30:38 AM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #49 on: June 27, 2019, 03:14:22 PM »
If Marina wanted to nail Oswald about his rifle use she could have said almost anything but all she says is that Oswald dry fired his rifle in the dark and once aimed out on the street, her story sounds plausible and doesn't really prove anything.

There was one sinister novelty in their lives. One evening at the end of August Marina returned from a twilight stroll with June and found Lee on their screened-in side porch, kneeling on one knee, aiming his rifle into the street and working the bolt—dry firing. It was the first time she had seen him playing with his carbine since they moved to New Orleans. She was horrified.    “What are you doing?” she demanded.    “Get the heck out of here,” he said. “Don’t talk to me. Get on about your own affairs.”    From then on she often heard him dry firing the rifle on the porch in the dark. He had fixed a lamp out there so that he could read in the evening, but he left it off when he was drilling with the rifle so the neighbors could not see him. Marina chided and even ridiculed him about it, but he was deadly serious: “If Fidel Castro needs defenders,” he told her, “I’m going to join an army of volunteers. I’m going to be a revolutionary.
RHVB

JohnM

John, you're preaching to the converted, mate. My point was, try convincing most CTs that Marina actually said that. Unless it's on tape or on public record, it ain't gonna happen...even then they're going to say she was lying!

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2019, 05:06:50 PM »
RHVB

Where Bugliosi got these direct quotes is anybody's guess.  His fevered imagination?  As shown, his footnoted sources aren't it.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #50 on: June 27, 2019, 05:06:50 PM »

Offline Jorn Frending

« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2019, 11:07:03 PM »
Where Bugliosi got these direct quotes is anybody's guess.  His fevered imagination?  As shown, his footnoted sources aren't it.

Bugliosi loses credibility by using brainwashing techniques.

Emocional blackmail: Only a fool could believe that Oswald didn't do it ...

Then dramatising as in your example or using his "authority" through his position makes him difficult to read.

Talking to us rather than talking down to us would have been much better ...

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2019, 02:34:26 AM »
Where Bugliosi got these direct quotes is anybody's guess.
Wasn't it Priscilla Johnson McMillan?   

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #52 on: June 28, 2019, 02:34:26 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #53 on: June 28, 2019, 03:48:42 AM »

Wasn't Priscilla Johnson McMillan's book, "Marina and Lee" the source, Priscilla's still alive ring her up or even better call Marina.

JohnM

« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 05:50:31 AM by John Mytton »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2019, 04:18:05 AM »
John, you're preaching to the converted, mate. My point was, try convincing most CTs that Marina actually said that. Unless it's on tape or on public record, it ain't gonna happen...even then they're going to say she was lying!

John, you're preaching to the converted, mate.

Sorry, I wasn't directing the post at you but was just adding to your post, if you know what I mean.

My point was, try convincing most CTs that Marina actually said that. Unless it's on tape or on public record, it ain't gonna happen...even then they're going to say she was lying!

Totally agree, no eyewitness who incriminates Oswald is safe from the CT, they will dig and dig till they find anything even a small discrepancy and the eyewitness/eyewitnesses are forever Big Fat Liars!

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #54 on: June 28, 2019, 04:18:05 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #55 on: July 02, 2019, 07:26:17 PM »
Totally agree, no eyewitness who incriminates Oswald is safe from the CT, they will dig and dig till they find anything even a small discrepancy and the eyewitness/eyewitnesses are forever Big Fat Liars!

Et tu, Brute

https://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php/topic,100.0.html