Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Oswald’s notes in his guidebook for marines  (Read 10163 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: Oswald’s notes in his guidebook for marines
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 04:42:03 AM »
Advertisement
As I say, discussing this with forum members who were not in the army is difficult.

As for example, training urban warfare you realise that using a rifle out of a window is a nightmare, a roof top is not ideal but is much better.

I received similar time in basic training in a European Nato country but was then assigned to a combat unit and this was my daily job.

Oswald, however, was assigned to a radar unit, plenty of things to learn and carry out on a daily basis.

I'm interested in the in the trigger of the CE 139 which apparently did not have a military configuration to prevent a startling effect, but I just don't know because I have not seen it explained anywhere ...

But since this is not a matter of faith to me, I see what I see with the information I've got regardless the directions it takes ...

Jag ser att du har ingenting annat än en attack på Oswalds chanser i detta inlägg. Berätta för oss hur det stöder din "objektiva" position.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 04:43:13 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2019, 04:42:03 AM »

Offline Jorn Frending

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2019, 05:20:24 AM »
Jag ser att du har ingenting annat än en attack på Oswalds chanser i detta inlägg. Berätta för oss hur det stöder din "objektiva" position.

If this is a game remember that Sweden is not a member of Nato, so you'll have to try again ...

Nevertheless, if this can stop this conversation here, I,ll admit to understanding Swedish but that I'm actually from Denmark.

I'm just trying to avoid that Duncan will let this thread going down the drain after that several posters have actual taken the effort to post some interesting stuff here.

I understand that you may have some fun doing this but please take other posters here into consideration, OK?  :)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 05:27:24 AM by Jorn Frending »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2019, 09:05:24 AM »
If this is a game remember that Sweden is not a member of Nato, so you'll have to try again ...

Nevertheless, if this can stop this conversation here, I,ll admit to understanding Swedish but that I'm actually from Denmark.

I'm just trying to avoid that Duncan will let this thread going down the drain after that several posters have actual taken the effort to post some interesting stuff here.

I understand that you may have some fun doing this but please take other posters here into consideration, OK?  :)

You can bet I take other posters into consideration.

Fun doing what, exactly.. seeing you say that English was your 3rd language and then watch you get unfairly chastized, and in smarmy fashion I might add, about your grammar? Then guessing your native tongue to be either Swedish or Danish, with the educated guess that either one would be close enough to understand? Yeah that was fun.

English, Danish, Swedish... my query is legit in any language
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 09:11:16 AM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2019, 09:05:24 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2019, 02:39:39 PM »
     Duncan's contrarian impulse towards me has started coming out.  He took down my critique of the word debunk a term sufficiently ugly to challenge pragmaticism for the seat of least tempting word to kidnap.  Maybe you could explain to a dimmy what Oswald's lack of qualifications for a soldier of fortune mean to a bona fide?

Who are you directing your question to? Do we have a bona fide soldier of fortune here in this forum?

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2019, 02:44:26 PM »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2019, 02:44:26 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2019, 05:47:52 PM »
Marina never said that LHO practiced aiming and dry firing his rifle on the porch in New Orleans.
Did you miss the word reportedly?

I'll bite.  Who reported Marina saying that LHO practiced aiming and dry firing his rifle on the porch in New Orleans?

My conjecture is that after his shot at Walker he was still scratching his head over why he missed. And got his old guide book out and turned to the chapter on the rifle to refresh his memory on how to sight it in and the other aspects of the proper care of it.

Still makes no sense.  The guidebook is about an M1.  How's that supposed to help him sight in or care for a different kind of rifle?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2019, 05:50:57 PM by John Iacoletti »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2019, 05:47:52 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2019, 11:52:19 PM »
I'll bite.  Who reported Marina saying that LHO practiced aiming and dry firing his rifle on the porch in New Orleans?
Here is where all that comes from.....

Mr. RANKIN. When did you first notice the rifle at New Orleans?
Mrs. OSWALD. As soon as I arrived in New Orleans. ???
 Mr. RANKIN. Did you notice him take it away from your home there in New Orleans at any time?
Mrs. OSWALD. No. I know for sure that he didn't. But I know that we had a kind of a porch with a---screened-in porch, and I know that sometimes evenings after dark he would sit there with his rifle. I don't know what he did with it. I came there by chance once and saw him just sitting there with his rifle. I thought he is merely sitting there and resting.
Mr. RANKIN. From what you observed about his having the rifle on the back porch, in the dark, could you tell whether or not he was trying to practice with the telescopic lens?
Mrs. OSWALD. Yes. I asked him why. But this time he was preparing to go to Cuba.
Mr. RANKIN. That was his explanation for practicing with the rifle?
Mrs. OSWALD. Yes. He said that he would, go to Cuba.~~~~
Mr. RANKIN. You have described your husband's practicing on the hack porch at New Orleans with the telescopic scope and the rifle, saying he did that very regularly there.
Did you ever see him working the bolt, that action that opens the rifle, where you can put a shell in and push it back- during those times?
Mrs. OSWALD. I did not see it, because it was dark, and I would be in the room at that time.
But I did hear the noise from it from time to time not often.
All you have to do is tell the story right ::)