Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Wrapper or Rifle?  (Read 5081 times)

Offline Colin Crow

Wrapper or Rifle?
« on: June 07, 2019, 08:27:00 AM »
Advertisement
The following is part of the WC transcript that is available from......http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/sims.htm and here...https://www.jfk-assassination.eu/warren/wch/vol7/page162.php. I don't have access to the original volumes at present so I do not know if it relates to the original transcript.

During his testimony Detective Sims relates this.....

Mr. Ball.
You said you finished there, did you see anything of significance there besides these hulls and the rifle?
Mr. Sims.
No, sir.
Mr. Ball.
Did you ever see a paper bag?
Mr. Sims.
Well, we saw some wrappings--a brown wrapping there.
Mr. Ball.
Where did you see it?
Mr. Sims.
It was there by the hulls.
Mr. Ball.
Was it right there near the hulls?
Mr. Sims.
As well as I remember--of course, I didn't pay too much attention at that time, but it was, I believe, by the east side of where the boxes were piled up---that would be a guess--I believe that's where it was.
Mr. Ball.
On the east side of where the boxes were would that be the east?
Mr. Sims.
Yes, sir; it was right near the stack of boxes there. I know there was some loose paper there.
Mr. Ball.
Was Johnson there?
Mr. Sims.
Yes, sir; when the wrapper was found Captain Fritz stationed Montgomery to observe the scene there where the hulls were found.
Mr. Ball.
To stay there?
Mr. Sims.
Yes, sir.
Mr. Ball.
That was Marvin Johnson and L. D. Montgomery who stayed by the hulls?
Mr. Sims.
Yes, sir; they did. I was going back and forth, from the wrapper to the hulls.

I suggest that Sims actually said "rifle" instead of "wrapper" on those occasions indicated in bold. The change possibly due to a strong Texan accent. Would anyone disagree?
« Last Edit: June 07, 2019, 08:28:55 AM by Colin Crow »

JFK Assassination Forum

Wrapper or Rifle?
« on: June 07, 2019, 08:27:00 AM »

Online Charles Collins

Re: Wrapper or Rifle?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2019, 01:07:16 PM »
The following is part of the WC transcript that is available from......http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/sims.htm and here...https://www.jfk-assassination.eu/warren/wch/vol7/page162.php. I don't have access to the original volumes at present so I do not know if it relates to the original transcript.

Mr. Ball.
You said you finished there, did you see anything of significance there besides these hulls and the rifle?
Mr. Sims.
No, sir.
Mr. Ball.
Mr. Sims.
Mr. Ball.
Where did you see it?
Mr. Sims.
Mr. Ball.
Mr. Sims.
As well as I remember--of course, I didn't pay too much attention at that time, but it was, I believe, by the east side of where the boxes were piled up---that would be a guess--I believe that's where it was.
Mr. Ball.
Mr. Sims.
Yes, sir; it was right near the stack of boxes there. I know there was some loose paper there.
Mr. Ball.
Was Johnson there?
Mr. Sims.
Yes, sir; when the wrapper was found Captain Fritz stationed Montgomery to observe the scene there where the hulls were found.
Mr. Ball.
To stay there?
Mr. Sims.
Yes, sir.
Mr. Ball.
Mr. Sims.

I suggest that Sims actually said "rifle" instead of "wrapper" on those occasions indicated in bold. The change possibly due to a strong Texan accent. Would anyone disagree?

That makes sense to me.

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 12:42:02 AM »
74 views, only one comment that agrees....none that dispute. I might claim the assertion is confirmed. How's my logic John?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 12:42:02 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2019, 01:14:55 AM »
74 views, only one comment that agrees....none that dispute. I might claim the assertion is confirmed. How's my logic John?

So, one comment agrees with your assertion therefore it's confirmed? Yep, that's Colin Logic!

JohnM

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 01:19:09 AM »
So, one comment agrees with your assertion therefore it's confirmed? Yep, that's Colin Logic!

JohnM

Why do you feel the need to only comment on part of my post?

I asked if anyone disagreed. 74 views, none felt the need to. Do you wish to disagree? How long should I wait to make a conclusion? Why do you feel the need to attack the poster and not the content?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2019, 01:19:09 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2019, 01:22:07 AM »
Why do you feel the need to only comment on part of my post?

I asked if anyone disagreed. 74 views, none felt the need to. Do you wish to disagree? How long should I wait to make a conclusion? Why do you feel the need to attack the poster and not the content?

No, after 74 views, 73 didn't give a stuff!

JohnM

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 01:51:21 AM »
No, after 74 views, 73 didn't give a stuff!

JohnM

Is that what your logic tells you? The usual form on the forum is when a non-WC supporter posts an opinion those in the other camp take an opposing view. So far this has not occurred. I saw a number of your group viewing the thread. Charles was able to express his honest opinion. Duly noted.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2019, 01:51:21 AM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2019, 10:59:23 AM »

Mr. Ball.
Mr. Sims.
No, sir.
Mr. Ball.
Mr. Sims.
Mr. Ball.
Where did you see it?
Mr. Sims.
Mr. Ball.
Mr. Sims.
Mr. Ball.
Mr. Sims.
Mr. Ball.
Was Johnson there?
Mr. Sims.
Mr. Ball.
To stay there?
Mr. Sims.
Yes, sir.
Mr. Ball.
Mr. Sims.

I do. The line of questioning at that point was about finding paper, not a rifle. Besides, Johnson said the bag was found folded twice. That would give it an almost square profile, hardly a size that would suggest a rifle bag. They were discussing it and, opened up, someone said it looked large enough to carry a rifle.