Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Debunking process  (Read 12025 times)

Offline Michael O'Brian

Debunking process
« on: June 05, 2019, 10:09:52 PM »
Advertisement
How and when does a theory regarding this assassination become debunked??

Even "falsify" can mean "prove something false," in addition to "make something false." "Debunk" itself often suggests that something is not merely untrue, but also a sham; one can simply disprove a myth, but if it is "debunked," the implication is that it was a grossly exaggerated or foolish claim
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 10:14:09 PM by Michael O'Brian »

JFK Assassination Forum

Debunking process
« on: June 05, 2019, 10:09:52 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Debunking process
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 01:33:28 AM »
How and when does a theory regarding this assassination become debunked??

Even "falsify" can mean "prove something false," in addition to "make something false." "Debunk" itself often suggests that something is not merely untrue, but also a sham; one can simply disprove a myth, but if it is "debunked," the implication is that it was a grossly exaggerated or foolish claim

The easy answer; It becomes "debunked" as soon as one of the sides can't deal with it honestly.

Offline Mike Orr

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 04:11:56 AM »
There should be reputable sources who show with a process that is credible for a fact being a fact . I've had a tendency to type up what I felt was fact in the past and the bottom line is that I feel a certain way about what happened that day and it's just not up to me to make those statements . I would like to see what is said to be iron-clad in the JFK case !

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2019, 04:11:56 AM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2019, 07:21:37 PM »
There must be dozens of theories that have been 'debunked'...Oswald did it all alone is one of them.

Offline Michael O'Brian

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 07:33:55 PM »
There must be dozens of theories that have been 'debunked'...Oswald did it all alone is one of them.

How would I get my one looked at, and to be debunked if it proves as being not possible? it involves another firing point, but with the same trajectory as the alleged S.N on the 6th floor

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2019, 07:33:55 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2019, 09:55:14 PM »
How would I get my one looked at, and to be debunked if it proves as being not possible? it involves another firing point, but with the same trajectory as the alleged S.N on the 6th floor

Shooting through the building windows? Extremely unlikely. Review the so called Sniper Nest photo below and we see oodles of blockage. There are films of the east side of the TSBD that show the 6th fl windows to have been shut.

Offline Michael O'Brian

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 10:29:18 PM »
Shooting through the building windows? Extremely unlikely. Review the so called Sniper Nest photo below and we see oodles of blockage. There are films of the east side of the TSBD that show the 6th fl windows to have been shut.

I am only saying that the trajectory could be the same if fired from the Dal Tex through the 6th floor alleged SN window, and it appears that the limo would have been visible through those two windows,  that is if the obstacles filmed in the photo provided, which is pre shots, were out of the way.
It is also very possible that the car was visible and more importantly lined up at the time of the last shot.

Only one or two boxes would need to be moved and the most Southern window could have been momentarily opened too, by who ever threw the elevator switches, two or three guys working together would easily plant the hulls and all

This is a huge addition to the case and needs to be debunked, accordingly.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 10:35:55 PM by Michael O'Brian »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 10:29:18 PM »

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2019, 12:59:19 AM »
Only one or two boxes would need to be moved and the most Southern window could have been momentarily opened too, by who ever threw the elevator switches, two or three guys working together would easily plant the hulls...
There is some speculation that the Sniper's Nest was re-arranged ..even maybe more than once before that picture was released.  If one is willing to accept the possibility of a Dal Tex shooter then why not select a more probable sniper perch along the fire escape area as some critics have? There was also an adequate seclusion from the southwest roof top. It bothers me that access to that building was scarcely ever explored and reported by anyone. I was in the Dal Tex back when the first floor was the original JFK museum say around 1975. They were selling Jessie Curry's book for $3. I bought my copy there.