Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Cook? Films Darnell Filming West Face of the TSBD (revised)  (Read 14399 times)

Online Royell Storing

Re: Cook? Films Darnell Filming West Face of the TSBD (revised)
« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2019, 04:42:07 PM »
Advertisement
Hopefully you'll like this more.

Can't see how he could ignore all the activety in the RRY without checking it out for himself.

Once again, You have Hargis going Rough Rider across a grass area. If you put him on foot crossing this same ground, it would take him a longer period of time to reach the railroad yard area CLOSE to the Pergola. Either way, Officer Hargis made No Mention of Any of this Ever having happened. Your now proffering a 2nd alleged Hargis path to the railroad area displays your difficult position. Knowing the Testimony of Hargis beforehand would have helped you avoid your current predicament.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: July 09, 2019, 04:42:07 PM »

Offline Barry Pollard

« Reply #41 on: July 11, 2019, 12:26:09 AM »
Can we get this outta the way?  Do you believe Haygood attempted to ride up the incline on Elm, in order to reach the top of it, on the same type bike as Hargis but failed at the curb?

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2019, 04:19:41 PM »
Can we get this outta the way?  Do you believe Haygood attempted to ride up the incline on Elm, in order to reach the top of it, on the same type bike as Hargis but failed at the curb?

If you look at the film footage that shows Wiegman running from the curb and chasing after his camera car heading down Elm St. (I forget who shot that), it also captures Officer Haygood on his motorcycle headed toward the Elm St North curb. That footage speaks for itself in regard to the questions you have asked. Officer Haygood also gave WC Testimony. This is a rerun of our Officer Hargis route discussion. Doing your research beforehand, will save you from having to alter your position/opinion.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 04:21:15 PM by Royell Storing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2019, 04:19:41 PM »

Offline Barry Pollard

« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2019, 08:38:42 PM »
Well I don't know...
Atkins shows him slowly approaching the curb and that's all, then there's this;

Mr. HAYGOOD. When I first got to the location there, I was still on Houston Street, and in the process of making a left turn onto Elm Street I could see all these people laying on the ground there on Elm. Some of them were pointing back up to the railroad yard, and a couple of people were headed back up that way, and I immediately tried to jump the north curb there in the 400 block, which was too high for me to get over.

Doesn't tell us he actually fell on his derriere in the process with the bike on top of him, or that it took him at least 20secs to recover from his great escape act.  So he left out some details and if you were consistant that would mean these details didn't actually happen.

Also, the part I underlined has no evidence to support it, so I don't actually believe it.
So at least you have admitted now there's enough flimsy evidence for you to accept a motorcycle officer tried to pull off a ridiculously risky manouver where he attempted to ride up a grassy incline much like Steve McQueen's stunt double would in The Great Escape, probably only months after the film's release.  Interesting.

Offline Barry Pollard

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2019, 08:57:36 PM »
...This is a rerun of our Officer Hargis route discussion. Doing your research beforehand, will save you from having to alter your position/opinion.

I'm having a little difficulty dealing with your strict position on Hargis' WC testimony, so I thought a little insight into Haygood's evil stunt attempt on Elm may help me and what better example could I have chosen?
My opinion was that Hargis probably went into the RRY, how could he resist it?  If you've seen me change that then you are hallucinating friend.  I gave you an alternate route, with Hargis ultimately heading directly toward the RRY again...you remember?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2019, 08:57:36 PM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2019, 02:55:42 PM »
Well I don't know...
Atkins shows him slowly approaching the curb and that's all, then there's this;

Mr. HAYGOOD. When I first got to the location there, I was still on Houston Street, and in the process of making a left turn onto Elm Street I could see all these people laying on the ground there on Elm. Some of them were pointing back up to the railroad yard, and a couple of people were headed back up that way, and I immediately tried to jump the north curb there in the 400 block, which was too high for me to get over.

Doesn't tell us he actually fell on his derriere in the process with the bike on top of him, or that it took him at least 20secs to recover from his great escape act.  So he left out some details and if you were consistant that would mean these details didn't actually happen.

Also, the part I underlined has no evidence to support it, so I don't actually believe it.
So at least you have admitted now there's enough flimsy evidence for you to accept a motorcycle officer tried to pull off a ridiculously risky manouver where he attempted to ride up a grassy incline much like Steve McQueen's stunt double would in The Great Escape, probably only months after the film's release.  Interesting.

Please: (1) closely scrutinize Officer Haygood on Atkins, and/or (2) get a Higher Definition copy of Atkins. Look CLOSELY at the Rear of the front tire on Officer Haygood's motorcycle. You can discern Haygood's leg/foot being Lowered close to ground level as he maneuvers his motorcycle Closer to the Elm St. curb.  Based on what we are seeing in that footage, Haygood is preparing to Stop alongside that curb and Rack his motorcycle. Also, who would ever attempt to "Jump" a curb while riding parallel to it?  The easiest, Best way to Jump a curb or any other object is to head directly at it or as directly at it as possible with Speed behind the intended Jump attempt. Bearing in mind the Heavy weight of Haygood's DPD Police Motorcycle, along with seeing him lowering his leg toward the ground while Slowly traveling parallel to the curb, would mean Haygood Never intended to Jump the Elm curb. Whether it was simply the haste of the moment while simultaneously pulling his side arm from its' holster, along with the heavy weight of the motorcycle + the incline of Elm street, resulted in Haygood accidentally Dumping his bike at the curb. An embarrassing situation for a Cop at Any point in time but especially mortifying due to the Historical setting in which he did such. 
« Last Edit: July 12, 2019, 02:57:52 PM by Royell Storing »

Offline Barry Pollard

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2019, 08:03:28 AM »
I feel you're focusing too much on the "jump".  The ridiculousness part as far as you are concerned, would be what he was going to do next, ride up a grassy incline on his bike, the idea you mocked when it came to Hargis.  Even me having Bobby riding across a reasonably flat grassy section, you couldn't seem to handle but Clive?  NP apparently.  That's my point is all.
There's something more about Hargis though but I feel we've had enough of a wander off through this Darnell thread already.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: July 13, 2019, 08:03:28 AM »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #47 on: July 13, 2019, 02:34:19 PM »
I feel you're focusing too much on the "jump".  The ridiculousness part as far as you are concerned, would be what he was going to do next, ride up a grassy incline on his bike, the idea you mocked when it came to Hargis.  Even me having Bobby riding across a reasonably flat grassy section, you couldn't seem to handle but Clive?  NP apparently.  That's my point is all.
There's something more about Hargis though but I feel we've had enough of a wander off through this Darnell thread already.

I believe if Officer Hargis had gone Off Road and then Hi-Tailed it UP into the railroad yard, he would have stated such during his Sworn Testimony and/or mentioned it at some point over the 50 years+ following the assassination. Over the course of 50 years+ there is nary a peep from Hargis regarding this speculated journey you are promoting.