Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Cook? Films Darnell Filming West Face of the TSBD (revised)  (Read 14400 times)

Online Royell Storing

Re: Cook? Films Darnell Filming West Face of the TSBD (revised)
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2019, 10:29:08 PM »
Advertisement
Barry, thanks for the interesting comments and questions.
Darnell finished his filming of the west side just before Cook began to lower his camera. This was recorded in the Robert Hughes film, at roughly 12:34-12:35 by my estimate.

I think the Weatherford episode is some 10-20 minutes later.

Harkness ? on his DPD 3-wheeler just enters the parking area and Darnell takes off in his direction- as if to intercept him. So, I think Euins has not yet met up with Harkness.

I'm not up on a Jackson/Haygood event, would you fill me in on that?

So why did the west side attract both Darnell and Cook (and a few others in the Hughes film)?  We see that the 5th floor west side's south set of windows are now open (closed in McIntire). It may be that Norman, Williams and Jarmen are actually in those windows, but not picked up in the exposures – like the Prayer Person in Wiegman was hidden so well in the shadows. Just imo.

James

I would disagree with the 12:34-12:35 time stamping of Darnell being behind the Pergola in that Hughes footage. Remember, Darnell while still on the South side of Elm St filmed the rear of the "Party Bus" and the Cop Car behind it as those 2 vehicles went under the Triple Underpass. These were the Last 2 vehicles in the JFK Motorcade. This means Darnell did Not even cross over to the North side of Elm St until the entire Motorcade had passed by him. This casts doubt that he would have reached that rear position behind the Pergola in only 4-5 minutes following the Kill Shot. Also, based on Darnell standing close to Cook in that Hughes snippet, and Cook having filmed the side of the TSBD and also filming almost straight down the Elm St Extension, would physically place Darnell on the extreme Eastern side/edge of the Pergola = somewhat close to the TSBD.  This would be a lot of ground for Darnell to cover in only 4-5 minutes when he did Not even cross Elm St until the Entire Motorcade had passed by him.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 10:31:16 PM by Royell Storing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2019, 10:29:08 PM »

Offline Barry Pollard

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2019, 04:43:09 PM »
Do you see Underwood there in your Hughes gif James in the long raincoat, well there's another piece of Hughes further west in the carparks that I thought shows Jim, Darnell and perhaps Jackson huddled together, so perhaps Jimmy's source came directly from Bob...

It's not Hughes or even Bronson(my apologies)so it must be from the DCA films, I'll get it.

Derugo, @5:30, Craig talking to Darnell, Underwood and Jackson, common sense tells me that Jimmy filmed the TSBD after this
From Gerda's channel (RIP)
Also for the note takers, rewind to 5:27 to see Danny Arce standing behind Darnell with no shoulder strap again.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2019, 04:59:45 PM by Barry Pollard »

Offline Barry Pollard

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2019, 05:41:37 PM »
    I would disagree with the 12:34-12:35 time stamping of Darnell being behind the Pergola in that Hughes footage. Remember, Darnell while still on the South side of Elm St filmed the rear of the "Party Bus" and the Cop Car behind it as those 2 vehicles went under the Triple Underpass. These were the Last 2 vehicles in the JFK Motorcade. This means Darnell did Not even cross over to the North side of Elm St until the entire Motorcade had passed by him. This casts doubt that he would have reached that rear position behind the Pergola in only 4-5 minutes following the Kill Shot. Also, based on Darnell standing close to Cook in that Hughes snippet, and Cook having filmed the side of the TSBD and also filming almost straight down the Elm St Extension, would physically place Darnell on the extreme Eastern side/edge of the Pergola = somewhat close to the TSBD.  This would be a lot of ground for Darnell to cover in only 4-5 minutes when he did Not even cross Elm St until the Entire Motorcade had passed by him.

All IMHO Royell but Haygood is running up the "GK" as all three camera cars are still on Elm and yet to reach the UP, my estimate is about 1min after Z313 for that, the rush then starts immeadiatly after, with people changing directions and then like you say the buses pass have room to move and Darnell reacts to the police car siren.  It's all in the same neighborhood 70-90secs.  Ok, you know Craigs story, you know where he come from and where he went and about what general time, well what if Jimmy knew him, like Dave knew Lem and saw him running up the knoll because you know, that's Darnell's next stop and shoot point, right in Craigs face.  2mins or there about they're both in the RRY working it.  Bob Jackson too and Underwood a small time later(only no sign of real work).  Seeing all them people running is very hard to resist, if you were able enough you'd run too just to see what's up.  There's no real reason for what I just linked to with the huddle, being much more than the three minutes mark.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2019, 05:41:37 PM »

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2019, 06:29:52 PM »
It's not Hughes or even Bronson(my apologies)so it must be from the DCA films, I'll get it.

Derugo, @5:30, Craig talking to Darnell, Underwood and Jackson, common sense tells me that Jimmy filmed the TSBD after this
From Gerda's channel (RIP)
Also for the note takers, rewind to 5:27 to see Danny Arce standing behind Darnell with no shoulder strap again.
That is from the John Martin film in the DCA films. I thought this scene might be what you were describing, but I'm still lost on who or where was Jackson? Would that be 1 or 2 in this graphic? Number 1 never gives a better view of his head, but I don't think there is MC helmet. The Martin film is very useful as there are no splices during the Rail/Parking area. I'm trying to build a quilt from the patchs of isolated clips. Baby step progress...

Offline Barry Pollard

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2019, 07:42:38 PM »
#1 yes, has to be Bob, dark raincoat and dark, slick hair.
#2 was caught by Cancellare near the corner under Haygood where the OP meets the fence, most would know his name, it never stuck with me, he went to the TSBD sometime after this and was another candidate for the "asking LHO for a phone" bit.
Haygood's call regarding the "this man's best guess it came from the Hertz building" comes at late 12:34pm, so he and Jackson may have already met before this gathering, if I'm correct, at all.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2019, 07:42:38 PM »

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2019, 07:55:14 PM »
#1 yes, has to be Bob, dark raincoat and dark, slick hair.
#2 was caught by Cancellare near the corner under Haygood where the OP meets the fence, most would know his name, it never stuck with me, he went to the TSBD sometime after this and was another candidate for the "asking LHO for a phone" bit.
Haygood's call regarding the "this man's best guess it came from the Hertz building" comes at late 12:34pm, so he and Jackson may have already met before this gathering, if I'm correct, at all.
Ah, yes. I just read Trask's account of Couch and Jackson. I knew Couch jumped ship near the TUP, but did not recall Bob also jumping at the same time. Something for me to ponder.
Also, I was wondering if #2 might be the same individual in Cancellare's photo. Robert MacNeil.
Thanks.

Offline Barry Pollard

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2019, 08:02:35 PM »
That's him, McNeil, with the voice, at least, looks a little like him, ty.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2019, 08:02:35 PM »

Online James Hackerott

« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2019, 01:30:22 AM »
James,

How long is the full-length Robert Hughes film?

What do you mean by "at roughly 12:34-12:35 by my estimate"?

-- MWT  ;)
Thomas,
Sorry it took this long to respond. I needed to first present the PergolaWallClock technique before I could answer your question. The PergolaWalllClock indicates Rober Hughes has:

-completed his filming on Main street
-crossed the triangular infield
-entered the north pergola's west shelter (or possibly the pergola proper near the west shelter)
–filmed his first Rail/Parking yard scene with Toni Foster etc
–moved about 45 feet to the pergola patio steps near the Zapruder pedestal to film 8 seconds of the background buildings including an eastward sweep of Elm street by 12:33-12:34 .
Hughes then moved about 75 or slightly more feet to inside the east shelter to then film Jimmy Darnell, just as Darnell finished filming the west face of the TSBD.

All three Hughes scenes could have been easily completed in 1-2 minutes. Thus my estimate of 12:34-12:35 for the Darnell clip.