Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Motive  (Read 19530 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: Motive
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2019, 10:30:20 PM »
Advertisement
You may well be right Paul. Personally, I think you're giving Oswald too deep a motive. I believe Oswald was on the edge of losing it for years. The failure to reconcile with Marina pushed him over the edge and the nasty little bastard just went out and 'did it' out of pure spite. No plan, no thought of escape. The SOB just wanted to get even with the world, get 'famous'. Who really knows? You can't explain the motives of a nut job.

I believe that LHO would have gone ahead with his plan regardless of how Marina responded to his request. The temptation was too great for him. And he tried to make her feel partially responsible by leaving his ring, money, etc.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2019, 10:30:20 PM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2019, 01:07:19 AM »
LHO was both neglected and spoiled as a child and desired a lot of attention. He also had a history of doing something dramatic whenever he didn't get his way. I believe that he hatched his plan to defect to the Soviet Union about the time he had to spend time in the Marine Corps brig in Japan. The typical treatment given the prisoners in the brig at that time was very harsh. I suspect that teen-aged LHO's resentment of the U.S. government was greatly hardened by that treatment. When life in the Soviet Union didn't turn out to be the utopia he dreamed of, his malcontent disposition (and some help from the government he resented so much) brought him back here. His frustrations apparently turned to attempted murder (Walker) in the spring of 1963. When he learned that the JFK motorcade was going to be coming by his place of work it presented a chance for him to try an assassination. And LHO's military training enabled him to devise a very good surprise ambush plan that worked.

Hi Charles, I can certainly agree with your profile of Oswald. As you can tell from my previous post, I believe the assassination was more spontaneous than yourself but I'd be the first to admit that's only my opinion, your version may well be correct. What I can't agree with is your statement; "a very good surprise ambush plan that worked." Charles, Oswald walked into the TSBD the morning of the assassination carrying a rifle in a bag, he then 'hoped' the sixth floor would be empty, it nearly wasn't, Oswald then fires a rifle from a window...I'm sorry but I just see "a very good surprise ambush plan". In fact, I just can't see any real plan at all!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 01:10:16 AM by Denis Pointing »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2019, 02:02:19 AM »
Hi Charles, I can certainly agree with your profile of Oswald. As you can tell from my previous post, I believe the assassination was more spontaneous than yourself but I'd be the first to admit that's only my opinion, your version may well be correct. What I can't agree with is your statement; "a very good surprise ambush plan that worked." Charles, Oswald walked into the TSBD the morning of the assassination carrying a rifle in a bag, he then 'hoped' the sixth floor would be empty, it nearly wasn't, Oswald then fires a rifle from a window...I'm sorry but I just see "a very good surprise ambush plan". In fact, I just can't see any real plan at all!

He didn’t just fire from a window. He apparently: planned to go get his rifle, planned to get the rifle into the building discretely (the bag), planned the timing and direction of fire (from behind and with the target moving almost directly away) this is known as a killing zone in the military, planned his sniper’s nest location such that he had good cover from being observed during the shooting (from inside or outside the building), planned the support for steadying the rifle (boxes), and planned to blend in as best he could during his exit from the scene. I think that anyone familiar with military tactics for ambushing would likely recognize  the apparent planning. Similar tactics are taught to Marine Corps soldiers and can be found in their manuals. LHO studied a USMC manual before he joined because he wanted to learn what his brother Robert was already learning.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 02:39:00 AM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2019, 02:02:19 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2019, 02:53:45 AM »
I believe that LHO would have gone ahead with his plan regardless of how Marina responded to his request. The temptation was too great for him. And he tried to make her feel partially responsible by leaving his ring, money, etc.

Where did he normally leave his savings?

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2019, 03:12:07 AM »

Colin, where would Oswald keep his life savings?

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: June 02, 2019, 03:12:07 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2019, 03:13:24 AM »

He normally kept whatever he had on his person according to Marina.

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2019, 03:25:40 AM »
Colin, where would Oswald keep his life savings?

JohnM

I figure, he could keep on his person. He could keep at the rooming house. He could keep in a bank account. He could keep at the Paine's in Marina'a room.

Given he was paid weekly in cash and had not seen Marina for two pay periods he was relatively "cashed up" that Thursday. Given he did not go back to the rooming house before visiting Marina he obviously did not keep it at that location. I don’t believe he had a bank account. So, to take his total saving to work on the Friday seems risky. Safer to leave all but what he needed with Marina. Then again if he was going to shoot the Pres with no escape plan no need for $15. If he planned to escape, take the lot. If he had planned by Thursday morning, why not take the pistol too?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2019, 03:25:40 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2019, 03:26:19 AM »
He normally kept whatever he had on his person according to Marina.

Any testimony to support Charles?