Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Motive  (Read 19144 times)

Online Charles Collins

Motive
« on: May 31, 2019, 12:29:13 PM »
Advertisement

"I wonder what would happen if somebody was to stand up and say he was utterly opposed not only to the governments, but to the people, too the entire land and complete foundations of his socically."  Lee Harvey Oswald - 1962 (CE 25, 16 H 106.)

JFK Assassination Forum

Motive
« on: May 31, 2019, 12:29:13 PM »

Offline Joe Mannix

Re: Motive
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2019, 11:57:17 PM »
Seriously?

"I have committed no act of violence!"

"I didn't shoot anyone, no sir"

Pretty cowardly if that was his motive.

PS - The motive was to kill JFK and blame it on Cuba/USSR resulting in an immediate invasion of Cuba.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2019, 12:00:49 AM by Joe Mannix »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 12:46:29 AM »
Seriously?

"I have committed no act of violence!"

"I didn't shoot anyone, no sir"

Pretty cowardly if that was his motive.

PS - The motive was to kill JFK and blame it on Cuba/USSR resulting in an immediate invasion of Cuba.

According to Marina, he lied because he enjoyed it, not because he needed to.

And I don’t recall seeing any evidence of your idea of the motive.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2019, 12:46:29 AM »

Offline Joe Mannix

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2019, 01:32:48 AM »
Read more. Process data in a logical fashion. You'll understand. Post less in the meantime.

Offline Paul May

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 02:30:43 AM »
Oswald, as was his nature had a fundamental issue with the American government. He believed the government worked against the average American; the working class. As head of the government, the POTUS was responsible. Those who knew Oswald have said over the years that he, Oswald liked and admired Kennedy on a personal level. Didn’t matter in Oswald’s damaged psyche. He wasn’t shooting JFK.  He was shooting the POTUS and all that position represented in the world.  Chaos. He believed guns were made to change the world.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2019, 02:30:43 AM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 02:30:57 AM »
Read more. Process data in a logical fashion. You'll understand. Post less in the meantime.

Read more what? More conjecture and innuendo? I grew tired of that years ago.

Logic is good. Maybe you can use some to help you to determine the difference between conjecture and innuendo and credible evidence.

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2019, 05:26:11 PM »
Oswald, as was his nature had a fundamental issue with the American government. He believed the government worked against the average American; the working class. As head of the government, the POTUS was responsible. Those who knew Oswald have said over the years that he, Oswald liked and admired Kennedy on a personal level. Didn’t matter in Oswald’s damaged psyche. He wasn’t shooting JFK.  He was shooting the POTUS and all that position represented in the world.  Chaos. He believed guns were made to change the world.

You may well be right Paul. Personally, I think you're giving Oswald too deep a motive. I believe Oswald was on the edge of losing it for years. The failure to reconcile with Marina pushed him over the edge and the nasty little bastard just went out and 'did it' out of pure spite. No plan, no thought of escape. The SOB just wanted to get even with the world, get 'famous'. Who really knows? You can't explain the motives of a nut job.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2019, 05:26:11 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2019, 10:23:18 PM »

LHO was both neglected and spoiled as a child and desired a lot of attention. He also had a history of doing something dramatic whenever he didn't get his way. I believe that he hatched his plan to defect to the Soviet Union about the time he had to spend time in the Marine Corps brig in Japan. The typical treatment given the prisoners in the brig at that time was very harsh. I suspect that teen-aged LHO's resentment of the U.S. government was greatly hardened by that treatment. When life in the Soviet Union didn't turn out to be the utopia he dreamed of, his malcontent disposition (and some help from the government he resented so much) brought him back here. His frustrations apparently turned to attempted murder (Walker) in the spring of 1963. When he learned that the JFK motorcade was going to be coming by his place of work it presented a chance for him to try an assassination. And LHO's military training enabled him to devise a very good surprise ambush plan that worked.