Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Motive  (Read 19608 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: Motive
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2019, 11:49:53 AM »
Advertisement
Mr. RANKIN. Did he take the money from the wallet from time to time?
Mrs. OSWALD. No, he generally kept the amount that he needed and put the rest in the wallet.

Comprehension a problem John. You argued earlier that Oswald would keep all his savings on his person. Clearly his method was to take what he felt he needed, then left the balance with Marina in the security or the Paine house.

He "felt he needed" $15 on the Friday morning.

As for getting a ride back with Buell, seriously, you want us to believe Oswald just could not say he changed his mind and Frazier would refuse him?

Comprehension a problem John.

No, do you? Marina never counted the money so how could she possibly know how much Oswald put in the wallet?
But Marina does say that she was under the impression that they thought that the money wasn't Oswald's and I reckon she just wanted the money back so tried to convince them that it was Lee's. Also note how she said it was Lee's money, she knew who was boss.

I know that the money that was found there, that you think this was not
Lee’s money. But I know for sure that this was money that he had earned.

You argued earlier that Oswald would keep all his savings on his person.

I still see no reason to believe that Oswald would keep all his money in a wardrobe with his wife who was living miles away, but I do believe that he left her pocket money for shoes and emergencies.

Clearly his method was to take what he felt he needed, then left the balance with Marina in the security or the Paine house.

Yeah clear as mud.

He "felt he needed" $15 on the Friday morning.

Give it up, it's obvious why he needed some money and all he kept was a 5er, a stack of ones and some loose change, about 5% of his entire wealth BFD!!

As for getting a ride back with Buell, seriously, you want us to believe Oswald just could not say he changed his mind and Frazier would refuse him?
Ok, Ruth and Marina are out the front when Oswald gets to the Paine residence, sure Oswald could probably talk his way out of it but it would be a hassle and I think he sensed that Ruth was not happy with the unusual mid week visit so probably wouldn't want to create any trouble for him or Marina. But anyway Oswald got lucky and there's no need to speculate what coulda shoulda happened.

JohnM
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 11:58:29 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2019, 11:49:53 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2019, 11:53:39 AM »
Perhaps the guys that know everything can inform us when Oswald first decided to assassinate JFK?

The Unanswered Questions

No one will ever know what passed through Oswald's mind during the week before November 22, 1963. Instead of returning to Irving on November 15 for his customary weekend visit, he remained in Dallas at his wife's suggestion because of the birthday party. He had argued with her over the use of an alias and had not called her after that argument, although he usually telephoned once or twice a day. Then on Thursday morning, November 21, he asked Frazier for a ride to Irving that night, stating falsely that he wanted to pick up some curtain rods to put in an apartment.474

He must have planned his attack at the very latest prior to Thursday morning when he spoke to Frazier. There is, of course, no way to determine the degree to which he was committed to his plan at that time. While there is no way to tell when he first began to think specifically of assassinating the President it should be noted that mention of the Trade Mart as the expected site of the Presidential luncheon appeared in The Dallas Times Herald on November 15, 1963.475 The next day that paper announced the final approval of the Trade Mart as the luncheon site and stated that the motorcade "apparently will loop through the downtown area, probably on Main Street, en route from Dallas Love Field" on its way to the Trade Mart on Stemmons Freeway. 476 Anyone who was familiar with that area of Dallas would have known that the motorcade would probably pass the Texas School Book Depository to get from Main Street onto the Stemmons Freeway. That fact was made precisely clear in subsequent news stories on November 19, 20, and 22. 477

https://www.archives.gov/research/jfk/warren-commission-report/chapter-7.html#unanswered

JohnM

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2019, 11:58:14 AM »
Hi Dennis, I seem to remember he bought a bus ticket and paid for a cab ride.....do we need to add that to the $13.87? In any event the amount does not allow a for a reasonable "escape plan"....agree?

Were the fares $1.23? He would have taken at least $15.10. He needed the dime to reassemble the rifle no doubt.

I've never believed Oswald expected to escape, so no, $14 does not allow for an escape plan. As for "Were the fares $1.23? He would have taken at least $15.10." Colin, neither you nor I know if Oswald had a couple of $ back at the rooming house or in another pair of pants. We really gonna quibble over $1.23? As for "He needed the dime to reassemble the rifle no doubt"....Why the sarcasm!? Does every post have to get nasty these days?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2019, 11:58:14 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2019, 12:10:09 PM »
Hi Colin, the fact Oswald took $13.87 (to be exact) with him that morning indicates to me that Oswald's 'plan' was so haphazard and dependent on luck, that Oswald was far from sure it would happen. If he got the chance great, if not.... If it didn't happen the $14 would be about right, Marina testified; "that when he was living by himself in a rooming house, he would spend about a dollar, $1.30 for dinner and have a sandwich and soft drink for lunch." So allowing for travel expenses, miscellaneous expenses the sums about right.

the fact Oswald took $13.87 (to be exact) with him that morning

Hi Denis, wouldn't that be $13.87 + bus + taxi + possible morning tea truck + coke.
Btw I just realized this myself, after all this time and I never did the math or maybe I did and just forgot, it's been a long time.
Edit I just read your above post where Oswald could have grabbed some spare change and a few bucks from his rooming house which is something I never thought of.

JohnM
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 12:29:09 PM by John Mytton »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2019, 12:17:11 PM »
I've never believed Oswald expected to escape, so no, $14 does not allow for an escape plan. As for "Were the fares $1.23? He would have taken at least $15.10." Colin, neither you nor I know if Oswald had a couple of $ back at the rooming house or in another pair of pants. We really gonna quibble over $1.23? As for "He needed the dime to reassemble the rifle no doubt"....Why the sarcasm!? Does every post have to get nasty these days?

My recollection was the $13.87. Confirmed by John's pic. Also in that doc is the total of fares. We all agree that no effective escape plan without external assistance or robbing a bank after the event perhaps. We don’t know for sure what other funds he had access to.

As for the dime comment.......was meant more of a wink joke......apologies if you took offence. Do you think all my posts are nasty? Would be disappointed if that was the case.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2019, 12:17:11 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2019, 12:25:20 PM »

Ok, Ruth and Marina are out the front when Oswald gets to the Paine residence, sure Oswald could probably talk his way out of it but it would be a hassle and I think he sensed that Ruth was not happy with the unusual mid week visit so probably wouldn't want to create any trouble for him or Marina.

JohnM

I sure wouldn’t want to get on Ruth's bad side either,......fortunately Jack Ruby eased his suffering.

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2019, 12:38:25 PM »
I sure wouldn’t want to get on Ruth's bad side either,......fortunately Jack Ruby eased his suffering.

I sure wouldn’t want to get on Ruth's bad side either,

She would definitely be the Man in the relationship. Am I allowed to say that?

....fortunately Jack Ruby eased his suffering.

Jack Ruby was judge, jury and executioner "American Justice", I would have preferred a trial but in the end the Dallas Police, the FBI and the WC did a pretty good job.

JohnM
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 12:41:29 PM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2019, 12:38:25 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2019, 12:39:07 PM »
Any quotes to prove your assertion yet Charles?

Others have already posted it in this thread. I might add that it appears to me that LHO typically didn’t have much money anyway. And the fact that he left a large (for him) sum of money that day indicates that he had kept most of what he had on his person.