Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Motive  (Read 19155 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: Motive
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2019, 07:55:45 AM »
Advertisement
Happy to wait for the testimony from Marina that confirms Oswald normally kept about $200 on his person.

How the heck would Marina know what Oswald normally kept on his person?, a more reasonable piece of testimony from Marina would be what money she personally had access to, and when did Marina say that Oswald kept as much of his money with Marina?

I think the Walker note sums it up perfectly, if Marina had an equal access marriage then there would be no need for Oswald to say that he will leave her as much as he could.

JohnM
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 07:56:28 AM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2019, 07:55:45 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2019, 08:00:50 AM »
How the heck would Marina know what Oswald normally kept on his person?, a more reasonable piece of testimony from Marina would be what money she personally had access to, and when did Marina say that Oswald kept as much of his money with Marina?

I think the Walker note sums it up perfectly, if Marina had an equal access marriage then there would be no need for Oswald to say that he will leave her as much as he could.

JohnM

It was Charles who claimed she did. Happy to wait for the quotes. Clearly Oswald didn’t leave as much money as he could for Marina that day. He took $15 that morning. If he decided to shoot that day, no need for dough. If nothing happened, he merely get a lift back with Buell.

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2019, 08:03:06 AM »
The rest is speculation ffs.

Before he leaves the bedroom, Lee kisses the children, as he always does, then walks to the bedroom door. He stops and returns to the side of the bed. He has always kissed his wife good-bye and Marina assumes he will do so now. But this time, she only hears his voice. “I’ve left some money on the bureau,” he says in his odd, if fluent, Russian. “Take it and buy everything you and Junie and Rachel need.
 In the dark he has left $170 in bills, and something else—his wedding ring, quietly placed in a little china teacup that had belonged to Marina’s grandmother. She won’t find it until later that day.
RHVB

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2019, 08:03:06 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2019, 08:05:32 AM »
Before he leaves the bedroom, Lee kisses the children, as he always does, then walks to the bedroom door. He stops and returns to the side of the bed. He has always kissed his wife good-bye and Marina assumes he will do so now. But this time, she only hears his voice. “I’ve left some money on the bureau,” he says in his odd, if fluent, Russian. “Take it and buy everything you and Junie and Rachel need.
 In the dark he has left $170 in bills, and something else—his wedding ring, quietly placed in a little china teacup that had belonged to Marina’s grandmother. She won’t find it until later that day.
RHVB

JohnM
The
I can hear the violins playing.......any quotes from Marina?

Apparently he only left notes for her when his assassination attempts were unsuccessful.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 08:10:58 AM by Colin Crow »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2019, 08:11:47 AM »
I can hear the violins playing.......any quotes from Marina?

Vincent talked with Marina on a number of occasions but I don't know if this was specifically discussed but this "4 days in November" section of Reclaiming History was thoroughly researched and let's be honest anyone who lives in the real world would know Oswald would hold on to his own money it's a friggin no brainer.
Btw can your ideas be supported with anything besides illogical speculation?

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2019, 08:11:47 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2019, 08:13:21 AM »
Apparently he only left notes for her when his assassination attempts were unsuccessful.

She knew the drill from the first note and in addition she was living with someone in a safe ongoing environment. Try again.

JohnM
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 08:14:50 AM by John Mytton »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2019, 08:18:44 AM »
Vincent talked with Marina on a number of occasions but I don't know if this was specifically discussed but this "4 days in November" section of Reclaiming History was thoroughly researched and let's be honest anyone who lives in the real world would know Oswald would hold on to his own money it's a friggin no brainer.
Btw can your ideas be supported with anything besides illogical speculation?

JohnM

Can you provide evidence of an occasion Oswald took all his money with him after visiting Marina at Ruth's? If not, your argument is nothing but self serving speculation. Why did he take $15 that day? Leave it all for Marina and the kids. No need if he shoots. No need if he doesn’t.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #30 on: June 02, 2019, 08:18:44 AM »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #31 on: June 02, 2019, 10:28:27 AM »
Can you provide evidence of an occasion Oswald took all his money with him after visiting Marina at Ruth's? If not, your argument is nothing but self serving speculation. Why did he take $15 that day? Leave it all for Marina and the kids. No need if he shoots. No need if he doesn’t.

Why did he take $15 that day?

If Oswald decides to not kill Kennedy then Oswald needs a weeks worth of money for the bus, for lunch and for dinner and perhaps to pay for his room.

Leave it all for Marina and the kids.

See above.

Marina unhelpfully testifies that she never counted the money in the wallet in the wardrobe but she does say that Oswald did put money that he didn't need in the wallet, which could be anything and is equally unhelpful.
The main point from the following testimony is that Oswald was acting in a way that was unusual for him which while not conclusive is powerful evidence that he was considering an assassination.

Mrs. OSWALD. Yes, in my room at Ruth Paine’s there was a black wallet in a
wardrobe. Whenever Lee would come he would put money in there, but I never
counted it.
Mr. RANKIN. On the evening of November 21st, do you know how much was
the wallet?
Mrs. OSWALD. No. One detail that I remember was that he had asked me
whether I had bought some shoes for myself, and I said no, that I hadn’t had
any time. He asked me whether June needed anything and told me to buy
everything that I needed for myself and for June-and for the children.
This was rather unusual for him, that he would mention that first.
Mr. RANKIN. Did he take the money from the wallet from time to time?
Mrs. OSWALD. No, he generally kept the amount that he needed and put the
rest in the wallet.

JohnM