Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: CT's, how did Oswald's rifle end up on the 6th floor?  (Read 134099 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: CT's, how did Oswald's rifle end up on the 6th floor?
« Reply #296 on: June 25, 2019, 10:39:50 PM »
Advertisement
No he didn't. That's one of the issues.  He was instructed to turn everything over to the FBI that night.  Somehow he "forgot" about the palmprint.

That's one of the issues.

You keep inventing issues that have answers, Day testified that he too the palmprint on the 22nd, it's up to a jury to decide.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #296 on: June 25, 2019, 10:39:50 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #297 on: June 25, 2019, 10:41:29 PM »
I have provided Day's words. They conflict with your assumption that the WC testimony indicates he was told to stop processing everything. It does not say that. Day's words in his oral history interviews clarifies that he was told to stop processing the rifle on 11/22/63. In the oral history interview he doesn't say anything about not getting back to checking the palmprint until he is talking about coming back to work and the rifle had already been returned. (And I think his choice of the words (that I underlined) is another indication that he had already started checking the palmprint and was interrupted before he could finish.) It appears to me that he did his brief examination of the palmprint after he lifted it and before the rifle was turned over to the FBI. Fritz, Bill Alexander, Jim Allen, and Forrest Sorrels leave city hall to discuss the evidence and eat at Majestic Steak House around 9:00 PM. Fritz said he wanted to wait until they developed the firearm and fingerprint evidence before they file the charges in the assassination. They decide to wait an hour or so. The assassination charges are filed against Oswald at 11:26 PM. The rifle is released to the FBI about 11:45 PM.

The discrepancy is that Day was doing his lifts at around 8:00 PM.  Day told the FBI (CE3145) that the instructions from Curry to go no further with the processing and to turn the evidence over occurred shortly before midnight.  So what was he doing between 8:00 and shortly before midnight?  How was this not enough time to even photograph the print and put cellophane over it like he did with the trigger guard prints?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #298 on: June 25, 2019, 10:42:50 PM »
Prove it.

Duh.  Because it's a photograph of the index card, not a rifle.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #298 on: June 25, 2019, 10:42:50 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #299 on: June 25, 2019, 10:45:06 PM »
No strange interpretation necessary. As I said earlier it is you taking a partial sentence out of context and trying to spin it.  He was told to stop processing the rifle. Here are his words from the 2006 oral history from the sixth floor museum: "...a few minutes later I get another order, don't do anything else to the gun. And Vince Drain will be there around 11:30 to pick it up... I definitely remember telling Drain there is a palm print on the underside of the barrel... I didn't turn the palm print in. They said give them the rifle, I gave them the rifle..."

You do know that Drain disputes this, right?

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #300 on: June 25, 2019, 10:45:30 PM »
Duh.  Because it's a photograph of the index card, not a rifle.

Huh? The index card shows 5 marks that were transferred from the rifle, the same card that shows Oswald's authenticated palm print.

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #300 on: June 25, 2019, 10:45:30 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #301 on: June 25, 2019, 10:48:40 PM »
You can't be Fk'n serious?

They had an eyewitness who saw Oswald kill Tippit.
They had eyewitnesses who saw Oswald at the crime scene.
They had eyewitnesses who saw Oswald with a weapon at the crime scene.
They had eyewitnesses who saw Oswald emptying shells at the crime scene.

No, they had witnesses who picked Oswald out of a biased, unfair lineup or from a mugshot of Oswald.

They had an eyewitness who saw Oswald acting suspiciously leading up to the theater.
They had the box office girl tell them that Oswald didn't buy a ticket.
They had a Police officer who was struck by Oswald.
They had more Police Officers confirm Oswald resisted being questioned.

None of these claims even have anything to do with Tippit.

They had Oswald's revolver, which Oswald used to try and kill more Police officers.

No, they had a revolver that Gerald Hill pulled out of his pocket 2 hours later at the station.  And there's no evidence whatsoever that Oswald "tried to kill more police officers".
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 10:49:09 PM by John Iacoletti »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #302 on: June 25, 2019, 10:48:53 PM »
You do know that Drain disputes this, right?

Do you have the sworn Drain testimony?

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #302 on: June 25, 2019, 10:48:53 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #303 on: June 25, 2019, 10:52:26 PM »
Day testifies that he was ordered to stop processing the evidence, that he did not match Oswald to any prints and that he held back the index card for four days.

Not only that, but the magic partial palmprint arrived separately from all of the other print evidence and two days later.  Why?