Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: CT's, how did Oswald's rifle end up on the 6th floor?  (Read 130974 times)

Offline Jim Brunsman

Re: CT's, how did Oswald's rifle end up on the 6th floor?
« Reply #280 on: June 25, 2019, 03:47:54 PM »
Advertisement
Yes, I'm sorry for my intolerance concerning the SBT. I should be more kind in my public posts. I'm just really bugged that the history books are loaded with misinformation about one the most important events of the 20th century. Mr. Pointing is correct that I have a very low opinion of anyone who has studied most of the evidence and concludes the SBT is even remotely possible. But I did not see one word of challenge to my assertions, just a rather self-pitying reply. How about dealing with the issues?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #280 on: June 25, 2019, 03:47:54 PM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #281 on: June 25, 2019, 04:52:29 PM »
Yes, I'm sorry for my intolerance concerning the SBT. I should be more kind in my public posts. I'm just really bugged that the history books are loaded with misinformation about one the most important events of the 20th century. Mr. Pointing is correct that I have a very low opinion of anyone who has studied most of the evidence and concludes the SBT is even remotely possible. But I did not see one word of challenge to my assertions, just a rather self-pitying reply. How about dealing with the issues?

How about presenting your facts on why, you believe, the SBT isn't even remotely possible? That's how forums work. One person presents a theory, claim or an opinion, backs that up with facts/evidence then another person counters with their facts/evidence. Just bursting onto the forum, guns blazing, firing out opinions without any backup and insulting fellow members before they've even had a chance to respond, gets you nowhere. Smarten up, lose the chip.

Offline Jerry Organ

« Reply #282 on: June 25, 2019, 05:41:32 PM »
How about presenting your facts on why, you believe, the SBT isn't even remotely possible? That's how forums work. One person presents a theory, claim or an opinion, backs that up with facts/evidence then another person counters with their facts/evidence. Just bursting onto the forum, guns blazing, firing out opinions without any backup and insulting fellow members before they've even had a chance to respond, gets you nowhere. Smarten up, lose the chip.

In the 90s, JFK Jim Fetzer came out with the proposition that conspiracy was a given. That was to be the starting point for any discussion for the "serious" JFK researchers.

i recall a handful of critics at the time resisted Frtzer's appeal but it seems to have caught on in the conspiracy community, the Ed Forum, the critic blogs and the avalanche of conspiracy books since Fetzer made his claim. Brunsman seems to reiterate that the SBT is by definition inane, that Warren supporters (though none actually support literally everything the Commission--and the HSCA--concluded and I believe many do believe cover-ups of varying degrees did occur here-and-there) have no credentials as they can't see the obvious.

How can lone-assassin researchers be close-minded when the SBT and "jet effect" represent thinking outside the box?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2019, 06:00:26 PM by Jerry Organ »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #282 on: June 25, 2019, 05:41:32 PM »

Offline Jim Brunsman

« Reply #283 on: June 25, 2019, 05:59:45 PM »
I have presented many facts in response to comments made on this forum. But it really is pointless and it is not a productive use of my time. I should have kept my opinions to myself.

Offline Jerry Freeman

« Reply #284 on: June 25, 2019, 07:15:40 PM »
It's my thread and I'll talk about what I want. So FO!
Reminds me of the kid who yelled ''It's my football and if you make me mad again I'll just take it with me and go home".     
 Perhaps review these rules...
Threads which descend into chaos, where the thread creator participates in the gradual development of the chaos, will be deleted.
Individual posts considered to be overly aggressive and/or disrespectful in tone towards a fellow member will be deleted.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #284 on: June 25, 2019, 07:15:40 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #285 on: June 25, 2019, 07:53:33 PM »

Tell us how FMJ ammo is primarily designed to perform
Point out your no-name knoll shooter

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #286 on: June 25, 2019, 08:01:29 PM »
I have presented many facts in response to comments made on this forum. But it really is pointless and it is not a productive use of my time. I should have kept my opinions to myself.

Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #286 on: June 25, 2019, 08:01:29 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #287 on: June 25, 2019, 09:44:04 PM »
No, Hugh Aynesworth is a well respected journalist and the quotes are inside quotation marks. I have said these things before.

That makes it true?

50 years ago, Charles Collins admitted that he "eats dog meat".