Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: CT's, how did Oswald's rifle end up on the 6th floor?  (Read 131014 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: CT's, how did Oswald's rifle end up on the 6th floor?
« Reply #224 on: June 20, 2019, 11:41:19 PM »
Advertisement
Martin, I never stated a conclusion. Nor did I state an "assumption that nobody would have printed a pro-LN book by Curry". Sure, I have an opinion on both, which along with 5p will buy a box of matches, but I've intentionally kept those opinions to myself. What I tried to do is raise certain points and observations which I believe are relevant. I'm also questioning the reasons for Curry's volte-face. I do think it very relevant that this volte-face coincided with the release of a book. You don't?

Martin, I never stated a conclusion. Nor did I state an "assumption that nobody would have printed a pro-LN book by Curry". Sure, I have an opinion on both, which along with 5p will buy a box of matches, but I've intentionally kept those opinions to myself.

Fair enough

What I tried to do is raise certain points and observations which I believe are relevant.

Context is always relevant

I'm also questioning the reasons for Curry's volte-face. I do think it very relevant that this volte-face coincided with the release of a book. You don't?

Very relevant? I don't know. What I do wonder about is why somebody involved in the investigation would suddenly change his mind just to sell a book. I just don't see that. Could it be that Curry held his doubts to himself from the beginning and then decided to come forward with them? He wouldn't be the first employee or government official who disagreed with what was going on but did not want to rock the boat…. Could that explain his change of opinion?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #224 on: June 20, 2019, 11:41:19 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #225 on: June 20, 2019, 11:41:50 PM »
You can't be Fk'n serious?

They had an eyewitness who saw Oswald kill Tippit.
They had eyewitnesses who saw Oswald at the crime scene.
They had eyewitnesses who saw Oswald with a weapon at the crime scene.
They had eyewitnesses who saw Oswald emptying shells at the crime scene.
They had an eyewitness who saw Oswald acting suspiciously leading up to the theater.
They had the box office girl tell them that Oswald didn't buy a ticket.
They had a Police officer who was struck by Oswald.
They had more Police Officers confirm Oswald resisted being questioned.
They had Oswald's revolver, which Oswald used to try and kill more Police officers.

JohnM

Who are "they"?

Who decided to bring charges against Oswald in the Tippit murder?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 11:43:45 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #226 on: June 20, 2019, 11:46:27 PM »
Who are "they"?

Who decided to bring charges against Oswald in the Tippit murder?

I answered your original post and now I see you have gone back and changed your original post, pathetic!

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #226 on: June 20, 2019, 11:46:27 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #227 on: June 21, 2019, 12:00:32 AM »
Was Curry appointed to his position as police chief? What were his qualifications for the position? A little investigating on Curry is going to be on my list of things to do.

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #228 on: June 21, 2019, 12:08:52 AM »
Very relevant? I don't know. What I do wonder about is why somebody involved in the investigation would suddenly change his mind just to sell a book. I just don't see that. Could it be that Curry held his doubts to himself from the beginning and then decided to come forward with them? He wouldn't be the first employee or government official who disagreed with what was going on but did not want to rock the boat…. Could that explain his change of opinion?

Curry wasn't a part of the investigation when he released his book, he was retired. Martin, I know for a fact you're not naive, is it possible he changed his mind just to sell a book and make money?
As you suggest, Curry may well have genuinely believed there was a conspiracy, he may have held back till retirement, he may have simply changed his mind..I won't pretend to know the answer to that. Does anyone? I think you know which way I lean. Perhaps old age has made me too cynical but to be fair, Curry wouldn't have been the first, nor the last, to sell out for a $. If indeed, that's what he did. 
                                                                                      Thumb1:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2019, 12:14:23 AM by Denis Pointing »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #228 on: June 21, 2019, 12:08:52 AM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #229 on: June 21, 2019, 12:42:08 AM »
I answered your original post and now I see you have gone back and changed your original post, pathetic!

JohnM

The original post contained a simple typo which I did indeed rectify. Nothing pathetic about that.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #230 on: June 21, 2019, 01:13:26 AM »

I know by now that you call hard questions you can't answer "typical nonsense" but why did Day not mention the "tentative match of the palmprint to Oswald" in his WC testimony? By the time Day testified the information about the palmprint on an index card and Latona's match with Oswald were known. So, why did Day not testify that he made a similar match? Why did he say instead that he stopped processing after having lifted the print from the rifle? Did day lie in his WC testimony?

He made some decisions during that weekend that a lot of people have second guessed and criticized.

Why do you comment when you cay you will reserve comment?

I know by now that you call hard questions you can't answer "typical nonsense" but why did Day not mention the "tentative match of the palmprint to Oswald" in his WC testimony? By the time Day testified the information about the palmprint on an index card and Latona's match with Oswald were known. So, why did Day not testify that he made a similar match? Why did he say instead that he stopped processing after having lifted the print from the rifle? Did day lie in his WC testimony?

On the day of his WC testimony Day still wouldn't say it: Page 263 - Day: Maybe I shouldn't absolutely make a positive statement without further checking that. I think it is his, but I would have to sit down and take two glasses to make an additional comparison before I would say absolutely, excluding all possibility it is. I think it is, but I would have to do some more work on that.

That appears to be the same thing he told Fritz and Curry on 11/22/63. Also, Day states he told Vince Drain when he picked it up that there was a palm print on the barrel and pointed out the location to him. Add Drain to the list of people who were told.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #230 on: June 21, 2019, 01:13:26 AM »

Offline Denis Pointing

« Reply #231 on: June 21, 2019, 01:16:55 AM »
Was Curry appointed to his position as police chief? What were his qualifications for the position? A little investigating on Curry is going to be on my list of things to do.

Charles, Curry up to the assassination had a brilliant career. From WIKIPEDIA: Curry joined the Dallas Police Department as a traffic officer on May 1, 1936, and worked his way up the ranks to become the chief of police on January 20, 1960. As Curry explained it to the Warren Commission, he worked his way up in "practically every assignment the police department has", and graduated from the Northwestern University Traffic Institute in 1945/6 and the FBI National Academy in 1951.
After the assassination of Oswald, Curry's career was pretty much ruined, he was held responsible and heavily criticised for Oswald getting shot during the transfer. Three years later he retired, ostensibly on health grounds but this may well have been a crock as he actually carried on working, in the private sector, for another twelve years. I've read, can't confirm, that he was very bitter towards the DPD and very short of money due to his early (forced?) retirement. He retired in 1966, the same year he released his book, died in his sleep 1978.
Hope that helps.