Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: CT's, how did Oswald's rifle end up on the 6th floor?  (Read 130908 times)

Online Charles Collins

Re: CT's, how did Oswald's rifle end up on the 6th floor?
« Reply #200 on: June 20, 2019, 06:56:26 PM »
Advertisement
Day briefly examined the palm print on 11/22/63 and felt sure it was Oswald's. He had put it aside and was setting up to do a timed photograph of the palm print on the rifle when he was interrupted. And he told both Curry and Fritz that he had a tentative match.

That's not what he said in his WC testimony and frankly I don't believe a word of it, for one simple reason; it would have been a smoking gun and given the fact that all sorts of people were giving information to the media it would have been all over the news, but it never was!

You can purchase and examine the oral history interview of Day in 1996 (page 19) if you choose not to believe me. Due to copyright agreement I cannot post the interview here. Sixth Floor Museum - Oral History Collection - Law Enforcement https://www.jfk.org/the-collections/oral-history/oral-history-topics/?topic=law-enforcement. Look for J.C. Day, cost for the transcription via email is $5.

First of all, I have no intention of buying anything from people who not only promote a one sided version of events but also want to make money with it.

Secondly, an interview 33 years after the fact? How convenient.... and it never occurrs to you that someboy like Day could use the oral history interview to actually rewrite history and his part in it? Why did he not say any of this in his WC testimony?

Do you remember that Jesse Curry, in his 1969 book, did not mention it at all and in fact said: "We don't have any proof that Oswald fired the rifle, and never did. Nobody's yet been able to put him in the building with a gun in his hand."? Kind of a strange thing to say if in fact - as you claim - Day told him about a matching palmprint on 11/22/63

That's not what he said in his WC testimony and frankly I don't believe a word of it, for one simple reason; it would have been a smoking gun and given the fact that all sorts of people were giving information to the media it would have been all over the news, but it never was!

It was front page news.

First of all, I have no intention of buying anything from people who not only promote a one sided version of events but also want to make money with it.

They present the facts and don't take one side or the other. They perform a valuable service that most people are willing to pay for. (And you call me closed-minded?)

Secondly, an interview 33 years after the fact? How convenient.... and it never occurrs to you that someboy like Day could use the oral history interview to actually rewrite history and his part in it? Why did he not say any of this in his WC testimony?
Typical nonsense that you love to spout. Why would he want to or even think he could "rewrite history?"

Do you remember that Jesse Curry, in his 1969 book, did not mention it at all and in fact said: "We don't have any proof that Oswald fired the rifle, and never did. Nobody's yet been able to put him in the building with a gun in his hand."? Kind of a strange thing to say if in fact - as you claim - Day told him about a matching palmprint on 11/22/63

I haven't read that book. So I will reserve comment on what is in it until after I have read all of it. It does seem a strange thing for him to say. He made some decisions during that weekend that a lot of people have second guessed and criticized.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #200 on: June 20, 2019, 06:56:26 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #201 on: June 20, 2019, 07:17:55 PM »
Day briefly examined the palm print on 11/22/63 and felt sure it was Oswald's. He had put it aside and was setting up to do a timed photograph of the palm print on the rifle when he was interrupted. And he told both Curry and Fritz that he had a tentative match.

That's not what he said in his WC testimony and frankly I don't believe a word of it, for one simple reason; tentative or not, it would have been a smoking gun and given the fact that all sorts of people were providing information to the media it would have been all over the news, but it never was!

You can purchase and examine the oral history interview of Day in 1996 (page 19) if you choose not to believe me. Due to copyright agreement I cannot post the interview here. Sixth Floor Museum - Oral History Collection - Law Enforcement https://www.jfk.org/the-collections/oral-history/oral-history-topics/?topic=law-enforcement. Look for J.C. Day, cost for the transcription via email is $5.

>>> So you've never purchased conspiracy books.

Secondly, an interview 33 years after the fact? How convenient.... and it never occurrs to you that someboy like Day could use the oral history interview to actually rewrite history and his part in it?
>>> He did that?

>>> People say/don't say a lot of things when trying to sell their book$

That's not what he said in his WC testimony and frankly I don't believe a word of it, for one simple reason; tentative or not, it would have been a smoking gun and given the fact that all sorts of people were providing information to the media it would have been all over the news, but it never was!
>>> So Day was one of these 'all sorts of people'?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 07:21:50 PM by Bill Chapman »

Offline John Agee

« Reply #202 on: June 20, 2019, 07:28:34 PM »

Hi Martin. Actually, that is not what Jesse Curry said. I have Curry's book, just read every word of it (it's a short book, only 133 pages and many of the pages are pictures). There is nothing close to that quote in Curry's book. Can you give me the page # of Curry's book with this quote, in case I missed it (which I certainly could have)?

I believe the quote you refer to is Curry's statement at a press conference announcing the release of his book, as reported by Tom Johnson of the Dallas Morning News. Here is the exact quote:
"I'm not going to express my opinion," Curry said at a press conference. "I'm not sure about it. No one has ever been able to put him (Oswald) in the Texas School Book Depository with a rifle in his hand."
Tom Johnson, Dallas Morning News
Thursday, Nov 6, 1969

The "We don't have any proof that Oswald fired the rifle, and never did"---that does not appear in the DMN article and I can't find it in Curry's book

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #202 on: June 20, 2019, 07:28:34 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #203 on: June 20, 2019, 07:35:11 PM »
Hi Martin. Actually, that is not what Jesse Curry said. I have Curry's book, just read every word of it (it's a short book, only 133 pages and many of the pages are pictures). There is nothing close to that quote in Curry's book. Can you give me the page # of Curry's book with this quote, in case I missed it (which I certainly could have)?

I believe the quote you refer to is Curry's statement at a press conference announcing the release of his book, as reported by Tom Johnson of the Dallas Morning News. Here is the exact quote:
"I'm not going to express my opinion," Curry said at a press conference. "I'm not sure about it. No one has ever been able to put him (Oswald) in the Texas School Book Depository with a rifle in his hand."
Thursday, Nov 6, 1969

The "We don't have any proof that Oswald fired the rifle, and never did"---that does not appear in the DMN article and I can't find it in Curry's book

Thanks John. How did you like the book?

Offline John Agee

« Reply #204 on: June 20, 2019, 07:42:31 PM »
Thanks John. How did you like the book?

I recommend the book, it's really a must have for assassination buffs. Curry, an honest guy I believe, tries his best to present the evidence unbiased.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #204 on: June 20, 2019, 07:42:31 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #205 on: June 20, 2019, 07:54:18 PM »

It was front page news.

No it wasn't. There was one mention of a print match in a newspaper article which does not even mention the palmprint.

They present the facts and don't take one side or the other. They perform a valuable service that most people are willing to pay for. (And you call me closed-minded?)

Nope.. they present the WC version of the "facts"

Typical nonsense that you love to spout. Why would he want to or even think he could "rewrite history?"

And there is another attack on me, by a guy who frequently complains about people being attacked!

I know by now that you call hard questions you can't answer "typical nonsense" but why did Day not mention the "tentative match of the palmprint to Oswald" in his WC testimony? By the time Day testified the information about the palmprint on an index card and Latona's match with Oswald were known. So, why did Day not testify that he made a similar match? Why did he say instead that he stopped processing after having lifted the print from the rifle? Did day lie in his WC testimony?

I haven't read that book. So I will reserve comment on what is in it until after I have read all of it. It does seem a strange thing for him to say. He made some decisions during that weekend that a lot of people have second guessed and criticized.

He made some decisions during that weekend that a lot of people have second guessed and criticized.

Why do you comment when you cay you will reserve comment?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 09:06:08 PM by Martin Weidmann »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #206 on: June 20, 2019, 08:01:44 PM »
>>> So you've never purchased conspiracy books.

No. I have never purchased a conspiracy book nor do I own one. I try to form my own opinions rather than copy those of others.

Secondly, an interview 33 years after the fact? How convenient.... and it never occurrs to you that someboy like Day could use the oral history interview to actually rewrite history and his part in it?
>>> He did that?

Who said he did?

>>> People say/don't say a lot of things when trying to sell their book$

Sure and they also do when they try to justify bad investigative work after the fact

>>> So Day was one of these 'all sorts of people'?

I don't know… all I know is that a newspaper article claims to quote an unidentified source inside the investigation and that at least one WC lawyer was aware of the fact that incorrect information had been supplied to and published by the media.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #206 on: June 20, 2019, 08:01:44 PM »

Online Martin Weidmann

« Reply #207 on: June 20, 2019, 08:09:23 PM »

Thursday, Nov 6, 1969

Perhaps I should have rephrased my comment better, because I never wanted to give the impression it was a quote in the book, but thanks for the exact quote. I was paraphrasing from memory. I am sure in my mind Curry did say the other part as well, but I can't instantly recall where or when he said it.