Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: CT's, how did Oswald's rifle end up on the 6th floor?  (Read 131102 times)

Offline Bill Chapman

Re: CT's, how did Oswald's rifle end up on the 6th floor?
« Reply #144 on: June 14, 2019, 04:57:31 PM »
Advertisement

Cool.

Now, shall I post his 1964 affidavit, or will you be a good lad and do that for us?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #144 on: June 14, 2019, 04:57:31 PM »

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #145 on: June 14, 2019, 05:03:08 PM »
Hugh Aynesworth, the Dallas reporter who was one of if not the first on the scene at the TSBD after the shooting, gives this account of him trying to interview people (this is from his book "Eyewitness to History"):

"Some witnesses hurriedly shared a few comments with me. Some feared being quoted by name. One woman said she worked in the depository building, "and I'll be damned if I am going to tell you what I believe..."

And this: "I saw [Howard] Brennan talking to two officers and tried to poke my nose into the conversation. "I saw him up there in the window," I heard him say as he pointed toward Oswald's sniper's nest. "No doubt he was the one. He wasn't even in much of a hurry."

One cop asked if Brennan could describe the shooter. "Of course", he answered, "I saw him real good."

Then Brennan noticed me and moved away, asking the officers as he did so to keep me and the other reporters away from him--a request they were glad to fulfil. Brennan, I later learned, feared talking to the press else he endganger himself or his family.

http://jfkassassination.net/russ/testimony/brennan4.htm

Offline Bill Chapman

« Reply #146 on: June 14, 2019, 05:40:08 PM »
Yes, Aynesworth was one of the reporters Brennan was trying to avoid. In Brennan’s book he specifically talked about a television crew. And Aynesworth hitched a ride with a television crew to the Tippit murder scene. So it all fits.

The thing about Brennan's gho$twritten book (that was published some time after his death, and therefore wide open to 'enhancements' at the whim of the writer, despite Brennan, apparently, signing-off on the original manuscript), is that in said book 'Brennan' wafts poetically about his or soul (or something) in describing the red plume (or something) around Kennedy's head.

The trouble is that in testimony, IMS, Brennan said he was unable to see Kennedy during the head shot, that an obstruction of some sort blocked his view.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 05:46:08 PM by Bill Chapman »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #146 on: June 14, 2019, 05:40:08 PM »

Offline Gary Craig

« Reply #147 on: June 14, 2019, 07:20:35 PM »
Cool.

Now, shall I post his 1964 affidavit, or will you be a good lad and do that for us?

Go ahead and post it.

I tend to think his memory and recollection the day of the event was better than sometime in 1964.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #148 on: June 14, 2019, 07:48:13 PM »
The thing about Brennan's gho$twritten book (that was published some time after his death, and therefore wide open to 'enhancements' at the whim of the writer, despite Brennan, apparently, signing-off on the original manuscript), is that in said book 'Brennan' wafts poetically about his or soul (or something) in describing the red plume (or something) around Kennedy's head.

The trouble is that in testimony, IMS, Brennan said he was unable to see Kennedy during the head shot, that an obstruction of some sort blocked his view.

The book was written with the help of the reverend J. Edward Cherryholmes. It is mostly about how the assassination and its aftermath affected Howard Brennan for the rest of his life. I would definitely say the earlier testimony and affidavits of Brennan should carry more weight than this book.

Two things about the description of the three shots in the book don't ring true. First, Howard Brennan testified to the WC he didn't remember hearing the second shot. Secondly, In a quick scan, I didn't find anything in his WC testimony about whether or not he saw JFK when the head shot hit. However, it does appear to me that the tall concrete structure and a tree would have blocked his view of JFK at that instant.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 07:49:53 PM by Charles Collins »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #148 on: June 14, 2019, 07:48:13 PM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #149 on: June 14, 2019, 10:36:17 PM »
The book was written with the help of the reverend J. Edward Cherryholmes. It is mostly about how the assassination and its aftermath affected Howard Brennan for the rest of his life. I would definitely say the earlier testimony and affidavits of Brennan should carry more weight than this book.

Two things about the description of the three shots in the book don't ring true. First, Howard Brennan testified to the WC he didn't remember hearing the second shot. Secondly, In a quick scan, I didn't find anything in his WC testimony about whether or not he saw JFK when the head shot hit. However, it does appear to me that the tall concrete structure and a tree would have blocked his view of JFK at that instant.

In his first day ffidavit, he said this." I was looking at the man in this windows at the time of the last explosion." So he could have hardly have seen the President hit.

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #150 on: June 14, 2019, 10:52:38 PM »
In his first day ffidavit, he said this." I was looking at the man in this windows at the time of the last explosion." So he could have hardly have seen the President hit.

In the book he said he immediately glanced back at the President and saw the results. But like I said earlier, the structure was directly in between his position and the President at that point in time.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #150 on: June 14, 2019, 10:52:38 PM »

Offline Ray Mitcham

« Reply #151 on: June 16, 2019, 11:14:58 AM »
In the book he said he immediately glanced back at the President and saw the results. But like I said earlier, the structure was directly in between his position and the President at that point in time.
That's not what he said in his WC testimony.

"As I calculate a couple of seconds. He drew the gun back from the window as though he was drawing it back to his side and maybe paused for another second as though to assure hisself that he hit his mark, and then he disappeared. "

So he didn't immediately glance back at the President.