Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Buell's "off" day (aka: oh yeah)  (Read 13126 times)

Online Charles Collins

Buell's "off" day (aka: oh yeah)
« on: May 29, 2019, 02:45:34 PM »
Advertisement
Buell Wesley Frazier is a liar. In his affidavit dated 11/22/63, he clearly stated that he didn't see LHO after 11:00 am on 11/22/63. Fast forward to July 13, 2013. In the below video of his living history interview by the Sixth Floor Museum, beginning around the 33:47 mark, Buell Wesley Frazier describes seeing LHO just after the assassination occurred. Does anyone know when Frazier first let this information be known? Regardless of when, he is clearly lying (either on 11/22/63 or on 7/13/2013). Either he saw LHO or he didn't, not both. Either way, his credibility is damaged by the fact that he is clearly a liar.

THE STATE OF TEXAS

COUNTY OF DALLAS

BEFORE ME, Mary Rattan, a Notary Public in and for said County, State of Texas, on this day personally appeared Buell Wesley Frazier, Age 19, 2439 West 5th Street, Irving, Texas WE 3-8965 who, after being by me duly sworn, on oath deposes and says:

I work at Texas School Book Depository, Corner Elm and Houston. I have worked there since September 13, 1963. I fill orders. About a month ago, I met Lee Harvey Oswald at work. I saw that he was a new man, and I walked up to him and asked him if he was Lee. I figured he must be Lee as my sister had told me about him. I asked him if he would like to ride back and forth with me as I knew his wife lived with Ruth Paine near my house, and he said he would, but only on week ends as he had an apartment of his own in Oak Cliff. After that every Friday evening Lee would ride home with me and then ride back to work with me on Monday morning. He has only rode home from work with me on Fridays, but yesterday morning, Thursday, November 21, 1963, Lee told me that he wanted to ride home with me that evening. I was surprised, and I asked him if he was going with me Friday also, and he said, "No". He told me that he was going home to get some curtain rods. Thursday afternoon Lee rode to Irving with me to Ruth Paine's house, where his wife is staying. I let him out of my car in front of Ruth's house, then I went on. This morning, Friday, November 22, 1963, I got up between 6:00 - 6:30 AM, and got ready to go to work, and then sit down to eat breakfast, about 7:15 AM, me, my mother, and my two little neices [sic] were at the table, and my sister was at the sink. My mother looked up and said, "Who is that looking in the window?" I looked up and said, "That's Lee." I got up and finished getting ready and got my lunch and went to the door and met Lee on the car port. We then walked to my car, it was parked backed up at the side of the car port. Before I got in the car, I glanced in the back seat, and saw a big sack. It must have been about 2' long, and the top of the sack was sort of folded up, and the rest of the sack had been kind of folded under. I asked Lee what was in the sack, and he said "curtain rods", and I remembered that he had told me the day before that he was going to bring some curtain rods. We drove to work the same way that I usually go. We came into town on Stemmons Freeway to Main and Main to Record, and then on across the McKinney and by the warehouse to the parking lot. I parked the car and sit there awhile and run the motor to charge the battery, and while I was doing that, Lee got out and opened the back door and got the package out of the back seat and walked behind the car, then I got out of the car and started walking toward the building where I work. I noticed that Lee had the package in his right hand under his arm, and the package was straight up and down, and he had his arm down, and you could not see much of the package. When we started walking, Lee was just a few feet ahead of me, but he kept waking faster than me, and finally got way ahead of me. I saw him go in the back door at the Loading Dock of the building that we work in, and he still had the package under his arm. I did not see him anymore for about 30 minutes, and then we were both working. Lee did not carry his lunch today. He told me this morning he was going to buy his lunch today. I was standing on the front steps of the building when the Parade came by, and I watched the Parade go by. After President Kennedy had got out of my sight, I heard three shots. I stood there, then people started running by, and I turned, and went back in the building and got my lunch and eat it. I did not see Lee anymore after about 11:00 AM today, and at that time, we were both working, and we were on the first floor.

Wesley Frazier
SUBSCRIBED AND SWORN BEFORE ME THIS 22 DAY OF November A.D. 1963
/s/Mary Rattan
Notary Public, Dallas County, Texas

The interview (oh yeah, I DID see LHO):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAh1pGZiLxE&index=43&list=PL4qqbvpkf-dMd_tLOAFflDWt72HMJxjrc

JFK Assassination Forum

Buell's "off" day (aka: oh yeah)
« on: May 29, 2019, 02:45:34 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

Re: Buell's "off" day (aka: oh yeah)
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2019, 03:29:17 PM »
I agree Charles. How long did he claim to be at the hospital visiting his step-father? How long was it in reality? What topic  do you think he discussed that afternoon before being taken into police custody?

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 03:47:24 PM »
I agree Charles. How long did he claim to be at the hospital visiting his step-father? How long was it in reality? What topic  do you think he discussed that afternoon before being taken into police custody?

Does it matter?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2019, 03:47:24 PM »

Online Richard Smith

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2019, 04:30:44 PM »
I'm not sure that necessarily means he lied.  It might be a question of semantics.  The information in these affidavits appears to be prompted in part by a list of questions as many of them read similarly. The police are investigating the assassination.  That occurs at 12:30.  Thus, it would not be unreasonable to interpret a question about seeing Oswald that day figuratively when it is relevant to the crime (i.e. did he see Oswald in the building acting suspiciously prior to 12:30) rather than literally (did he see Oswald later that day after the crime was over).  Is it possible that he made up or was mistaken about seeing Oswald after the fact?  Sure.  I think stories grow over time.  And he may have come to believe he saw Oswald after the assassination.

I do find it strange that he apparently didn't realize why the police wanted to talk with him and came to the hospital to take him into the station.  He even seems angry about that. By that point, he should have had a good idea that he had driven the assassin and his weapon to the TSBD. He had even talked to his sister from the hospital. I bet that was an interesting conversation.  My recollection is that he has never been crystal clear about when he came to know that Oswald was the suspect.  He mentions hearing the name Lee Oswald on the radio as he is driving to the hospital but appears to suggest uncertainty about whether it is the same "Lee" he drove to work.  I believe he indicated that he didn't even know Oswald's last name until after the assassination.  His sister seems a bit brighter than Buell though.  She may have told him he was in deep spombleprofglidnoctobunse and discussed on the phone call how to downplay any allegation that Frazier should have been a little more suspicious that day.  So their story goes that he doesn't pay much attention to the bag, underestimates its size, there is no discussion of the president's upcoming visit with Oswald during the drive even though the motorcade is coming by their building and it must have been the main news story of the day (and the radio is on while they drive to work).  He is just a good boy giving a co-worker a ride.  How was he to know?

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 04:47:04 PM »
I'm not sure that necessarily means he lied.  It might be a question of semantics.  The information in these affidavits appears to be prompted in part by a list of questions as many of them read similarly. The police are investigating the assassination.  That occurs at 12:30.  Thus, it would not be unreasonable to interpret a question about seeing Oswald that day figuratively when it is relevant to the crime (i.e. did he see Oswald in the building acting suspiciously prior to 12:30) rather than literally (did he see Oswald later that day after the crime was over).  Is it possible that he made up or was mistaken about seeing Oswald after the fact?  Sure.  I think stories grow over time.  And he may have come to believe he saw Oswald after the assassination.

I do find it strange that he apparently didn't realize why the police wanted to talk with him and came to the hospital to take him into the station.  He even seems angry about that. By that point, he should have had a good idea that he had driven the assassin and his weapon to the TSBD. He had even talked to his sister from the hospital. I bet that was an interesting conversation.  My recollection is that he has never been crystal clear about when he came to know that Oswald was the suspect.  He mentions hearing the name Lee Oswald on the radio as he is driving to the hospital but appears to suggest uncertainty about whether it is the same "Lee" he drove to work.  I believe he indicated that he didn't even know Oswald's last name until after the assassination.  His sister seems a bit brighter than Buell though.  She may have told him he was in deep spombleprofglidnoctobunse and discussed on the phone call how to downplay any allegation that Frazier should have been a little more suspicious that day.  So their story goes that he doesn't pay much attention to the bag, underestimates its size, there is no discussion of the president's upcoming visit with Oswald during the drive even though the motorcade is coming by their building and it must have been the main news story of the day (and the radio is on while they drive to work).  He is just a good boy giving a co-worker a ride.  How was he to know?

However you want to spin it, one or the other is a lie.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2019, 04:47:04 PM »

Offline Mark A. Oblazney

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2019, 05:33:14 PM »

I suggest Buell and Marina have a couple of vodka and tonics to get them on their feet again.  Maybe they'll get a replacement, there's plenty like them to be found.... mongrels, who ain't got a new book, sniffing for tidbits like you...... on the growwwwwwwwwwwnd........ laaaaaaa-la-la-la-laaaaaa........ sigh+  how can either of them stand this?

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 05:54:30 PM »
My point is that Buell Frazier is a liar.

Just a consistency check here:  are you saying that any witness who reports conflicting information at different times is necessarily a liar and therefore has no credibility?

And if he claims something that is contrary to the physical and circumstantial evidence his claim should be considered accordingly.

What did Frazier claim that is contrary to the physical and circumstantial evidence?

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2019, 05:54:30 PM »

Online Charles Collins

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2019, 06:19:08 PM »
Just a consistency check here:  are you saying that any witness who reports conflicting information at different times is necessarily a liar and therefore has no credibility?

What did Frazier claim that is contrary to the physical and circumstantial evidence?

No, Buell Frazier's credibility has been damaged by his clear and blatant lie is all I am saying.

The length of the package that LHO brought into the TSBD on 11/22/63.