Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: CBS News Inquiry 1967 - Warren Report (Dan Rather carries a rifle package)  (Read 12593 times)

Online Charles Collins

Advertisement
Frazier only saw Oswald as he walked behind him.

In order to reach this conclusion you need to cherry-pick the evidence.

Conspiracy theorists never consider possible alternatives... why not?

And LNs always desperately look for alternatives rather than simply accept what Frazier said... Why is that?

MR. BALL -- "What about the width?"

MR. FRAZIER -- "Well, I say, like I say now, now I couldn't see much
of the bag from him walking in front of me. Now he could have had some
of it sticking out in front of his hands because I didn't see it from
the front. The only time I did see it was from the back, just a little
strip running down from your arm and so therefore...I know that the
bag wouldn't be that long. So far as being that wide...I couldn't be
sure."

No cherry picking needed. Why can’t you just accept what Frazier said?

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Martin Weidmann

In order to reach this conclusion you need to cherry-pick the evidence.

No. Definitely no. Cherry-pick in what way?

You need to provide evidence that Buell Frazier saw Lee Oswald carry the paper-bag looking at the front of his (Oswald's) body.

The best evidence for that is the undisputed fact that Buell Frazier has been saying so for all of his life since the murders.   Thumb1:

And LNs always desperately look for alternatives rather than simply accept what Frazier said... Why is that?

-- Because Oswald's rifle was discovered in the TSBD about 45 minutes after the assassination of President Kennedy.

-- Because a paper-bag that was long enough to contain Oswald's Carcano rifle (C2766) was found near the source of the shots fired at President Kennedy. Subsequent forensic examination (by the FBI) found that the paper-bag contained Oswald's right palm-print and left index fingerprint.

This is enough to be curious about the way Oswald carried the paper-bag as viewed by Buell Frazier... and consider alternatives.

Incidentally, I'm not an "LN". On the old version of this forum, I originated the acronym "ODIA".

My conclusion: Oswald did it alone.

This is enough to be curious about the way Oswald carried the paper-bag as viewed by Buell Frazier…

Agreed. It's enough to be curious but it is not enough to dismiss Frazier's version out of hand, yet that's what you seem to be doing.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 03:44:29 AM by Martin Weidmann »

Online Martin Weidmann

So the guy who drove the eventual prime suspect to the eventual scene of the crime, and (by his own statement) didn't want to be remembered as the guy who drove the eventual prime suspect to the eventual scene of the crime is beyond reproach.

Got it.

No. You don't get it.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Martin Weidmann

MR. BALL -- "What about the width?"

MR. FRAZIER -- "Well, I say, like I say now, now I couldn't see much
of the bag from him walking in front of me. Now he could have had some
of it sticking out in front of his hands because I didn't see it from
the front. The only time I did see it was from the back, just a little
strip running down from your arm and so therefore...I know that the
bag wouldn't be that long. So far as being that wide...I couldn't be
sure."

No cherry picking needed. Why can’t you just accept what Frazier said?

Why can’t you just accept what Frazier said?

Oh but I do... I take all his statements over the past decades in consideration and not just what he said once in what must have been a highly stressfull situation for him.

You on the other hand seem to pick one statement and ignore the rest..... some might call that cherry picking.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 02:56:03 AM by Martin Weidmann »

Offline Ross Lidell

No. You don't get it.

Wow! Clever comeback Marty.  Thumb1:

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Charles Collins

Oh but I do... I take all his statements over the past decades in consideration and not just what he said once in what must have been a highly stressfull situation for him.

You on the other hand seem to pick one statement and ignore the rest..... so might call that cherry picking.

He was under oath to tell the truth to the WC.

Offline Ross Lidell

You on the other hand seem to pick one statement and ignore the rest..... so might call that cherry picking.

Do you have anything specific that Buell Frazier said in later years that would invalidate his contemporaneous statements about how Oswald carried the paper-bag--towards the TSBD--on 22 November 1963?

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Martin Weidmann

Wow! Clever comeback Marty.  Thumb1:

It was all that was needed.