Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: CBS News Inquiry 1967 - Warren Report (Dan Rather carries a rifle package)  (Read 12583 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Advertisement
He was under oath to tell the truth to the WC.

So, all testimony given under oath is always complete and 100% correct.... Is that your position?

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Colin Crow

MR. BALL -- "What about the width?"

MR. FRAZIER -- "Well, I say, like I say now, now I couldn't see much
of the bag from him walking in front of me. Now he could have had some
of it sticking out in front of his hands because I didn't see it from
the front. The only time I did see it was from the back, just a little
strip running down from your arm and so therefore...I know that the
bag wouldn't be that long. So far as being that wide...I couldn't be
sure."

No cherry picking needed. Why can’t you just accept what Frazier said?

Actually he also saw the package on the back seat.

Mr. FRAZIER - Let's see, when I got in the car I have a kind of habit of glancing over my shoulder and so at that time I noticed there was a package laying on the back seat, I didn't pay too much attention and I said, "What's the package, Lee?"

I understand that the back seat of Frazier's car was measured at 62" and would provide some points of reference . Obviously a 35" bag takes up more than half of the seat (56%) where as a 24" estimate occupies less than half (39%).

Mr. FRAZIER - He got out of the car and he was wearing the jacket that has the big sleeves in them and he put the package that he had, you know, that he told me was curtain rods up under his arm, you know, and so he walked down behind the car and standing over there at the end of the cyclone fence waiting for me to get out of the car, and so quick as I cut the engine off and started out of the car, shut the door just as I was starting out just like getting out of the car, he started walking off and so I followed him in.
So, eventually there he kept getting a little further ahead of me and I noticed we had plenty of time to get there because it is not too far from the Depository and usually I walk around and watch them switching the trains because you have to watch where you are going if you have to cross the tracks.
One day you go across one track and maybe there would be some cars sitting there and there would be another diesel coming there, so you have to watch when you cross the tracks, I just walked along and I just like to watch them switch the cars, so eventually he kept getting a little further ahead of me and by that time we got down there pretty close to the Depository Building there, I say, he would be as much as, I would say, roughly 50 feet in front of me but I didn't try to catch up with him because I knew I had plenty of time so I just took my time walking up there.
Mr. BALL - Did you usually walk up there together.
Mr. FRAZIER - Yes, sir; we did.
Mr. BALL - Is this the first time that he had ever walked ahead of you?
Mr. FRAZIER - Yes, sir; he did.

It seems that Oswald picked up the package and then waited for Frazier. It had been raining that morning and it could be that it was Frazier who dawdled behind Oswald for the first time.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 03:18:06 AM by Colin Crow »

Online Martin Weidmann

Do you have anything specific that Buell Frazier said in later years that would invalidate his contemporaneous statements about how Oswald carried the paper-bag--towards the TSBD--on 22 November 1963?

You mean; "in the cup of his hand and under his armpit"?

No, because that's what he has been saying all along.

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Ross Lidell

You mean; "in the cup of his hand and under his armpit"?

No, because that's what he has been saying all along.

That does not preclude a longer package that would not fit between the cupped hand and armpit BUT would protrude:

1.) A few inches above Oswald's shoulder.

2.) On an angle forward of Oswald's body.

That's been possible "all along" according to Buell Frazier's testimonies.

Consider this: What an incredible fluke that the Oswald's "curtain rod / lunch" package was exactly the length of the distance between his cupped hand and his armpit.

Aren't you (Martin) a believer that Oswald's paper-sack contained his lunch? The 2 feet give or take a few inches paper-sack!!!

How many people (in the history of the world) have ever carried their lunch under their arm... between a cupped hand and armpit??

« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 04:46:12 AM by Ross Lidell »

Offline Bill Chapman

No. You don't get it.

Thanks for confirming that you are the one not willing to consider alternatives.

JFK Assassination Forum

Online Martin Weidmann

Thanks for confirming that you are the one not willing to consider alternatives.

Where and when did I do that?

And what alternative was there to consider?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 05:42:42 AM by Martin Weidmann »

Online Martin Weidmann

That does not preclude a longer package that would not fit between the cupped hand and armpit BUT would protrude:

1.) A few inches above Oswald's shoulder.

2.) On an angle forward of Oswald's body.

That's been possible "all along" according to Buell Frazier's testimonies.

All sorts of things are possible in a case so badly investigated as this. It's possible that Frazier saw indeed only a flimsy bag, rather than the heavy duty one allegedly found at the TSBD. It's even possible that Frazier made up the curtain rods story and Oswald was indeed carrying only a lunch bag. The trouble with all those possibilities is that you don't get to pick one as the only true one. Something being possible doesn't mean it's true or that something else is not true.

All we do know for sure is that Frazier has denied the WC narrative all his life, and he was the one who was actually there. Why not deal with that rather than trying to discredit the man?

Consider this: What an incredible fluke that the Oswald's "curtain rod / lunch" package was exactly the length of the distance between his cupped hand and his armpit.

Why would that be an "incredible fluke" considering that curtain rods do actually have roughly that same length?

Aren't you (Martin) a believer that Oswald's paper-sack contained his lunch? The 2 feet give or take a few inches paper-sack!!!

Did I ever say I believed that? I don't think so, but feel free to prove me wrong. I know Oswald apparently told his interrogators that he only brought a lunch but I don't recall him ever saying that the bag was "2 feet give or take a few inches" long. It seems you are mixing up statements from different people

How many people (in the history of the world) have ever carried their lunch under their arm... between a cupped hand and armpit??

I have no idea. Do you? I was in Paris not all that long ago and those baguettes are just about the size of an arm   :D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 05:46:48 AM by Martin Weidmann »

JFK Assassination Forum

Offline Bill Chapman

Where and when did I do that?

And what alternative was there to consider?

Stop playing games. The alternative, indeed the overarching alternative, is abundantly clear.