Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: The Three People Walking Across The Pergola Patio  (Read 20395 times)

Offline John Mytton

Re: The Three People Walking Across The Pergola Patio
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2019, 12:11:39 AM »
Advertisement

Without any knowledge about exactly when Towner was filming and when Darnell was filming this particular clip, and given the resolution of the Towner clip, it's all guess work and confirmation bias.

Well here could be another nail in the coffin, as the three people are walking across we see a man suddenly emerge seemingly running to where the 3 people are headed. This man in what could be a suit appears to be carrying something and it looks like he has a bag over his shoulder.

James Darnell doing his job, later in the weekend.

My interpretation based on Darnell's footage is that Darnell is the running figure who sees 3 pretty sad girls and tries to move into a position where he can capture their faces. And the lady on the right is the last one to step down from something, the path?

Having another look I think Darnell is filming shaky cam style as he is running/walking from left to right and this footage is only seconds apart from Towner, too bad there isn't a fraction more Towner so we can see the scarfed lady step down. And not only that but based on his speed, Darnel would be in front of the girls when the background monument would be in about the same corresponding position.

Another observation is that in Towner the girls are walking towards the steps and as Darnell arrives you can see the shadow start to appear on the vertical surface of the top step. And if you look at the above Darnell video you can see the middle girl take a step down then as the the scarfed girl approaches she next takes the step down.

JohnM

« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 02:08:35 PM by John Mytton »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2019, 12:11:39 AM »

Offline Steve Howsley

« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2019, 06:53:04 AM »

Simply fantastic work JohnM  Thumb1:
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 06:54:11 AM by Steve Howsley »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2019, 07:39:35 AM »
Well here could be another nail in the coffin, as the three people are walking across we see a man suddenly emerge seemingly running to where the 3 people are headed. This man in what could be a suit appears to be carrying something and it looks like he has a bag over his shoulder.

James Darnell doing his job, later in the weekend.

My interpretation based on Darnell's footage is that Darnell is the running figure who sees 3 pretty sad girls and tries to move into a position where he can capture their faces. And the lady on the right is the last one to step down from something, the path?

Having another look I think Darnell is filming shaky cam style as he is running/walking from left to right and this footage is only seconds apart from Towner, too bad there isn't a fraction more Towner so we can see the scarfed lady step down. And not only that but based on his speed, Darnel would be in front of the girls when the background monument would be in about the same corresponding position.

Another observation is that in Towner the girls are walking towards the steps and as Darnell arrives you can see the shadow start to appear on the vertical surface of the top step. And if you look at the above Darnell video you can see the middle girl take a step down then as the the scarfed girl approaches she next takes the step down.

JohnM

Fwiw, I believe those two ladies on the right in the black and white photo by Cabluck are June Dishong and her unnamed work colleague.

They're visible in the Z-film, too, standing to the immediate left of the trio by the Stemmons sign comprised of Stella Mae Jacob, Gloria Holt, and light-blue-headscarf-wearing Sharon Simmons (aka Westbrook's "probably Carol Reed, Gloria Calvery, and me, Karen Westbrook!").

-- MWT  ;)

PS  In a few frames of that Towner clip you can see the light blue color of the headscarf Sharon Simmons is wearing up there on the Pergola Patio.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 07:51:05 AM by Thomas Graves »

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2019, 07:39:35 AM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2019, 03:17:41 PM »
"Mytton" isn't the first to suggest that the running bag man could be Darnell, and it's certainly certainly possible that he is, and that he took his footage shortly after the Towner clip, but I doubt it can ever be proven without additional info.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2019, 03:19:14 PM by John Iacoletti »

Online Royell Storing

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2019, 03:46:33 PM »
"Mytton" isn't the first to suggest that the running bag man could be Darnell, and it's certainly certainly possible that he is, and that he took his footage shortly after the Towner clip, but I doubt it can ever be proven without additional info.

I think Unger previously came up with this same Darnell ID speculation. As is usually the case, any unidentified B/W JFK Assassination footage is Immediately credited to Darnell. It is entirely possible this footage is courtesy of someone we know nothing about. Just my opinion but the picture quality of this B/W footage is far superior to what has previously been credited to Darnell.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2019, 03:46:33 PM »

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2019, 09:45:47 PM »
1) the gal on the left in the Z-Film Trio isn't Westbrook's "probably Carol Reed," but self-described American Indian Stella Mae Jacob (inexplicably standing not with her Texas School Book Company colleagues as claimed in her and their FBI statements, but with South-Western Publishing Company's "Gloria Calvery" and "Me, Karen Westbrook!"), and

Tommy, not surprisingly, doesn't make a distinction between "Gloria Calver[y], there's no doubt in my mind, I remember that" and "I believe that's Carol Ann Reed".

I'm not sure what the "dark complexion" that Tommy imagines that he sees on one person tells anybody anything about who is standing next to her.

Offline John Iacoletti

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2019, 10:08:22 PM »
It's quite a challenging juggling act for Kamp, Iacoletti, Giovanna-Zambanini, Unger, et al.

Dark-complected, self-described American Indian Stella Mae Jacob seems to be the spanner in their works.

No, not even a little bit.  But dream on.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #14 on: June 05, 2019, 10:08:22 PM »

Offline Thomas Graves

« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2019, 10:08:45 PM »
Yeah, because Jacob and Holt were permanently attached at the hips.

Iacoletti,

Did Texas School Book Company employee Stella Mae Jacob say anything in her FBI statement about watching the motorcade with South-Western Publishing Company employees Gloria Calvery and Karen Westbrook?

Conversely, did Gloria Calvery and Karen Westbrook say anything in their FBI statements about watching the motorcade with Stella Mae Jacob?

No?

Why do you suppose that is, Iacoletti?

Maybe because it didn't happen?

-- MWT   ;)

PS  In your and Westbrook's "Three-Woman Calvery Group," even if that's "uhh ... probably Carol Reed" on the left (looking very dark complected, indeed, in Z-Frame-60 and in a couple of frames around it), where, pray tell, is Karan Hicks?

LOL
« Last Edit: June 06, 2019, 06:12:30 AM by Thomas Graves »