Users Currently Browsing This Topic:
0 Members

Author Topic: Rolling Readers & Murdered Leaders  (Read 28344 times)

Online Martin Weidmann

Re: Rolling Readers & Murdered Leaders
« Reply #128 on: May 30, 2019, 10:43:46 AM »
Advertisement
Yeah, sure is.

It's not my conspiracy, you're the one who needs to find the answers?

Or maybe Oswald ordered, received and used his rifle, how about that!

Was Waldman involved in setting up Oswald? Of course he was, right Martin?

JohnM

It's not my conspiracy, you're the one who needs to find the answers?

It's not my conspiracy either.

Or maybe Oswald ordered, received and used his rifle, how about that!

Can not be ruled out either. Too bad that the available evidence does not support such a conclusion.

Was Waldman involved in setting up Oswald? Of course he was, right Martin?

I doubt it. He was a VP with no direct knowledge about the transaction. All he did in his testimony is explain the purchase procedure and what the documents said without actually having any real knowledge about their authenticity.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #128 on: May 30, 2019, 10:43:46 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #129 on: May 30, 2019, 10:51:02 AM »
The paper bag was found to the left of where Oswald was sitting, which was nowhere near the shells in the following photo and this area seemed to be deemed not as important as the area where the actual shells that came from Oswald's rifle.

JohnM

Who found the bag John? When was it found?

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2019, 11:10:13 AM »
Who found the bag John? When was it found?

Six police officers testified to seeing Oswald's rifle bag to the left of Oswald's seat. Were they wrong?

Mr. BELIN. Did you find anything else up in the southeast corner of the sixth floor? We have talked about the rifle, we have talked about the shells, we have talked about the chicken bones and the lunch sack and the pop bottle by that second pair of windows. Anything else?
Mr. JOHNSON. Yes, sir. We found this brown paper sack or case. It was made out of heavy wrapping paper. Actually, it looked similar to the paper that those books was wrapped in. It was just a long narrow paper bag.
Mr. BELIN. Where was this found?
Mr. JOHNSON. Right in the corner of the building.
Mr. BELIN. On what floor?
Mr. JOHNSON. Sixth floor.
Mr. BELIN. Which corner?
Mr. JOHNSON. Southeast corner.
Mr. BELIN. Do you know who found it?
Mr. JOHNSON. I know that the first I saw of it, L. D. Montgomery, my partner, picked it up off the floor, and it was folded up, and he unfolded it.
--------------------------------------------------------
Mr. BALL. Where was the paper sack?
Mr. MONTGOMERY. Let's see--the paper sack--I don't recall for sure if it was on the floor or on the box, but I know it was just there----one of those pictures might show exactly where it was.
Mr. BALL. I don't have a picture of the paper sack.
Mr. MONTGOMERY. You don't? Well, it was there--I can't recall for sure if it was on one of the boxes or on the floor there.
Mr. BALL. It was over in what corner?
Mr. MONTGOMERY. It would be the southeast corner of the building there where the shooting was.
Mr. BALL. Did you turn the sack over to anybody or did you pick it up?
Mr. MONTGOMERY. Yes---let's see Lieutenant Day and Detective Studebaker came up and took pictures and everything, and then we took a Dr. Pepper bottle and that sack that we found that looked like the rifle was wrapped up in.
Mr. MONTGOMERY. Right over here is where we found that long piece of paper that looked like a sack, that the rifle had been in.
Mr. BALL. Does that have a number--that area--where you found that long piece of paper?
Mr. MONTGOMERY. It's No. 2 right here.
Mr. BALL. You found the sack in the area marked 2 on Exhibit J to the Studebaker deposition. Did you pick the sack up?
Mr. MONTGOMERY. Which sack are we talking about now?
Mr. BALL. The paper sack?
Mr. MONTGOMERY. The small one or the larger one?
Mr. BALL. The larger one you mentioned that was in position 2.
Mr. MONTGOMERY. Yes.
Mr. BALL. You picked it up?
Mr. MONTGOMERY. Wait just a minute no; I didn't pick it up. I believe Mr. Studebaker did. We left it laying right there so they could check it for prints.
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. BALL. Now, did you at any time see any paper sack around there?
Mr. STUDEBAKER. Yes sir.
Mr. BALL. Where?
Mr. STUDEBAKER. Storage room there - in, the southeast corner of the building folded.
Mr. BALL. In the southeast corner of the building?
Mr. STUDEBAKER. It was a paper - I don't know what it was.
Mr. BALL. And it was folded, you say?
Mr. STUDEBAKER. Yes.
Mr. BALL. Where was it with respect to the three boxes of which the top two were Rolling Readers?
Mr. STUDEBAKER. Directly east.
Mr. BALL. There is a corner there, isn't it?
Mr. STUDEBAKER. Yes, sir; in the southeast corner.
Mr. BALL. It was in the southeast corner?
Mr. STUDEBAKER. I drew that box in for somebody over at the FBI that said you wanted it. It is in one of those pictures - one of the shots after the duplicate shot.
Mr. BALL. Let's mark this picture "Exhibit F."
(Instrument marked by the reporter as "Studebaker Exhibit F," for identification.)
Mr. BALL. Do you know who took that picture?
Mr. STUDEBAKER. No; I don't.
Mr. BALL. Do you recognize the diagram?
Mr. STUDEBAKER. Yes, sir.
Mr. BALL. Did you draw the diagram?
Mr. STUDEBAKER. I drew a diagram in there for the FBI, somebody from the FBI called me down - I can't think of his name, and he wanted an approximate location of where the paper was found.
Mr. BALL. Does that show the approximate location?
Mr. STUDEBAKER. Yes.
Mr. BALL. Where you have the dotted lines?
Mr. STUDEBAKER. Yes.
Mr. BALL. Now, how big was this paper.that you saw - you saw the wrapper - tell me about how big that paper bag was - how long was it?
Mr. STUDEBAKER. It was about, I would say, 3 1/2 to 4 feet long.
Mr. BALL. The paper bag?
Mr. STUDEBAKER. Yes.
Mr. BALL. And how wide was it? Approximately 8 inches.
Mr. BELIN. Did you see anything else in the southeast corner?
Mr. BREWER. There was a paper, relatively long paper sack there.
Mr. BELIN. Where was that?
Mr. BREWER. It was there In the southeast corner.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. BELIN. What other kind of a sack was found?
Mr. DAY. A homemade sack, brown paper with 3-inch tape found right in the corner, the southeast corner of the building near where the slugs were found.
Mr. McCLOY. Near where the hulls were found?
Mr. DAY. Near where the hulls. What did I say?
Mr. McCLOY. Slugs.
Mr. DAY. Hulls.
Mr. BELIN. Where was the sack found with relation to the pipes and that box?
Mr. DAY. Between the sack and the south wall, which would be the wall at the top of the picture as shown here.
Mr. BELIN. You mean between--you said the sack.
Mr. DAY. I mean the pipe. The sack was between the pipe and the wall at the top of the picture.
Mr. BELIN. That wall at the top of the picture would be the east wall, would it not?
Mr. DAY. Yes, sir; laying parallel to the south wall.
Mr. BELIN. Did the sack--was it folded over in any way or just lying flat, if you remember?
Mr. DAY. It was folded over with the fold next to the pipe, to the best of my knowledge.
Mr. BELIN. I will now hand you what has been marked as Commission Exhibit 626 and ask you to state if you know what this is, and also appears to be marked as Commission Exhibit 142.
Mr. DAY. This is the sack found on the sixth floor in the southeast corner of the building on November 22, 1963.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. BALL. Did you ever see a paper bag?
Mr. SIMS. Well, we saw some wrappings--a brown wrapping there.
Mr. BALL. Where did you see it?
Mr. SIMS. It was there by the hulls.
Mr. BALL. Was it right there near the hulls?
Mr. SIMS. As well as I remember--of course, I didn't pay too much attention at that time, but it was, I believe, by the east side of where the boxes were piled up---that would be a guess--I believe that's where it was.

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #130 on: May 30, 2019, 11:10:13 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #131 on: May 30, 2019, 11:20:26 AM »
Six police officers testified to seeing Oswald's rifle bag to the left of Oswald's seat. Were they wrong?

Mr. BELIN. Did you find anything else up in the southeast corner of the sixth floor? We have talked about the rifle, we have talked about the shells, we have talked about the chicken bones and the lunch sack and the pop bottle by that second pair of windows. Anything else?
Mr. JOHNSON. Yes, sir. We found this brown paper sack or case. It was made out of heavy wrapping paper. Actually, it looked similar to the paper that those books was wrapped in. It was just a long narrow paper bag.
Mr. BELIN. Where was this found?
Mr. JOHNSON. Right in the corner of the building.
Mr. BELIN. On what floor?
Mr. JOHNSON. Sixth floor.
Mr. BELIN. Which corner?
Mr. JOHNSON. Southeast corner.
Mr. BELIN. Do you know who found it?
Mr. JOHNSON. I know that the first I saw of it, L. D. Montgomery, my partner, picked it up off the floor, and it was folded up, and he unfolded it.
--------------------------------------------------------
Mr. BALL. Where was the paper sack?
Mr. MONTGOMERY. Let's see--the paper sack--I don't recall for sure if it was on the floor or on the box, but I know it was just there----one of those pictures might show exactly where it was.
Mr. BALL. I don't have a picture of the paper sack.
Mr. MONTGOMERY. You don't? Well, it was there--I can't recall for sure if it was on one of the boxes or on the floor there.
Mr. BALL. It was over in what corner?
Mr. MONTGOMERY. It would be the southeast corner of the building there where the shooting was.
Mr. BALL. Did you turn the sack over to anybody or did you pick it up?
Mr. MONTGOMERY. Yes---let's see Lieutenant Day and Detective Studebaker came up and took pictures and everything, and then we took a Dr. Pepper bottle and that sack that we found that looked like the rifle was wrapped up in.
Mr. MONTGOMERY. Right over here is where we found that long piece of paper that looked like a sack, that the rifle had been in.
Mr. BALL. Does that have a number--that area--where you found that long piece of paper?
Mr. MONTGOMERY. It's No. 2 right here.
Mr. BALL. You found the sack in the area marked 2 on Exhibit J to the Studebaker deposition. Did you pick the sack up?
Mr. MONTGOMERY. Which sack are we talking about now?
Mr. BALL. The paper sack?
Mr. MONTGOMERY. The small one or the larger one?
Mr. BALL. The larger one you mentioned that was in position 2.
Mr. MONTGOMERY. Yes.
Mr. BALL. You picked it up?
Mr. MONTGOMERY. Wait just a minute no; I didn't pick it up. I believe Mr. Studebaker did. We left it laying right there so they could check it for prints.
Mr. STUDEBAKER. Yes sir.
Mr. BALL. Where?
Mr. STUDEBAKER. Storage room there - in, the southeast corner of the building folded.
Mr. STUDEBAKER. Yes.
Mr. BALL. Where was it with respect to the three boxes of which the top two were Rolling Readers?
Mr. STUDEBAKER. I drew that box in for somebody over at the FBI that said you wanted it. It is in one of those pictures - one of the shots after the duplicate shot.
(Instrument marked by the reporter as "Studebaker Exhibit F," for identification.)
Mr. STUDEBAKER. I drew a diagram in there for the FBI, somebody from the FBI called me down - I can't think of his name, and he wanted an approximate location of where the paper was found.
Mr. STUDEBAKER. Yes.
Mr. STUDEBAKER. Yes.
Mr. BALL. Now, how big was this paper.that you saw - you saw the wrapper - tell me about how big that paper bag was - how long was it?
Mr. BALL. The paper bag?
Mr. STUDEBAKER. Yes.
Mr. BELIN. Did you see anything else in the southeast corner?
Mr. BREWER. There was a paper, relatively long paper sack there.
Mr. BELIN. Where was that?
Mr. BREWER. It was there In the southeast corner.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. BELIN. What other kind of a sack was found?
Mr. DAY. A homemade sack, brown paper with 3-inch tape found right in the corner, the southeast corner of the building near where the slugs were found.
Mr. McCLOY. Near where the hulls were found?
Mr. DAY. Near where the hulls. What did I say?
Mr. McCLOY. Slugs.
Mr. DAY. Hulls.
Mr. BELIN. Where was the sack found with relation to the pipes and that box?
Mr. DAY. Between the sack and the south wall, which would be the wall at the top of the picture as shown here.
Mr. BELIN. You mean between--you said the sack.
Mr. DAY. I mean the pipe. The sack was between the pipe and the wall at the top of the picture.
Mr. BELIN. That wall at the top of the picture would be the east wall, would it not?
Mr. DAY. Yes, sir; laying parallel to the south wall.
Mr. BELIN. Did the sack--was it folded over in any way or just lying flat, if you remember?
Mr. DAY. It was folded over with the fold next to the pipe, to the best of my knowledge.
Mr. BELIN. I will now hand you what has been marked as Commission Exhibit 626 and ask you to state if you know what this is, and also appears to be marked as Commission Exhibit 142.
Mr. DAY. This is the sack found on the sixth floor in the southeast corner of the building on November 22, 1963.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mr. BALL. Did you ever see a paper bag?
Mr. SIMS. Well, we saw some wrappings--a brown wrapping there.
Mr. BALL. Where did you see it?
Mr. SIMS. It was there by the hulls.
Mr. BALL. Was it right there near the hulls?
Mr. SIMS. As well as I remember--of course, I didn't pay too much attention at that time, but it was, I believe, by the east side of where the boxes were piled up---that would be a guess--I believe that's where it was.

You cannot answer either question. No chain of custody. It was "discovered" after Studebaker had finished dusting the bottle and chicken lunch sack where Johnson was. Johnson then moved into the SN. After Day had left the building with the rifle. Day did not see the bag in the corner. Neither did Sims....."didn’t pay too much attention"....LOL. He was going back and forth between the rifle and the shells......not wrapper.....bad transcription.

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #132 on: May 30, 2019, 11:38:09 AM »
You cannot answer either question. No chain of custody. It was "discovered" after Studebaker had finished dusting the bottle and chicken lunch sack where Johnson was. Johnson then moved into the SN. After Day had left the building with the rifle. Day did not see the bag in the corner. Neither did Sims....."didn’t pay too much attention"....LOL. He was going back and forth between the rifle and the shells......not wrapper.....bad transcription.

Looks like Studebaker knew where it was.

Mr. STUDEBAKER. Yes sir.
Mr. BALL. Where?
Mr. STUDEBAKER. Yes.
Mr. STUDEBAKER. Yes.
Mr. STUDEBAKER. Yes.
Mr. BALL. The paper bag?
Mr. STUDEBAKER. Yes.

The bag was photographed leaving the building, the same bag as described by 6 Police Officers but for some reason that's not good enough and instead of accepting conclusive repeated corroborated evidence you attack it, go figure?

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #132 on: May 30, 2019, 11:38:09 AM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #133 on: May 30, 2019, 11:50:27 AM »
I have no doubt the bag that was photographed leaving the building at 3pm is the same bag that was not photographed in the corner. The bag and bottle also leaving were photographed. As were the shells and rifle. The same rifle that was removed by Day at 2pm. Why is the bag the odd one out?

Did Montgomery first "find the bag"? Seems Johnson claimed he did, as did Montgomery in later interviews. It was so obvious to them it was perfect to transport a rifle......why no photo in place?

Offline John Mytton

« Reply #134 on: May 30, 2019, 12:00:25 PM »
I have no doubt the bag that was photographed leaving the building at 3pm is the same bag that was not photographed in the corner. The bag and bottle also leaving were photographed. As were the shells and rifle. The same rifle that was removed by Day at 2pm. Why is the bag the odd one out?

Did Montgomery first "find the bag"? Seems Johnson claimed he did, as did Montgomery in later interviews. It was so obvious to them it was perfect to transport a rifle......why no photo in place?

The bag was in the building, why didn't they just put the bag in the sniper's nest and just photograph it?
Or did they come up with the idea later?
Or are they using the bag to transport the window ledge strip? LOL!

JohnM

JFK Assassination Forum

« Reply #134 on: May 30, 2019, 12:00:25 PM »

Offline Colin Crow

« Reply #135 on: May 30, 2019, 12:05:50 PM »
The bag was in the building, why didn't they just put the bag in the sniper's nest and just photograph it?
Or did they come up with the idea later?
Or are they using the bag to transport the window ledge strip? LOL!

JohnM

They obviously think it’s evidence.......fail to photograph in place. Then remove from the building upside down and contaminating the inside with something. Are they trying to get all those fibres out before the FBI can check?

As for the window strip. You need to ask which one was originally removed. The left or right. Which way did the cops in the SN believe the assassin fired before 3 pm? Facing towards the underpass or towards Houston?